The Witcher Remake officially announced by CD PROJEKT RED

ziggypossum

6 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

I kind of lost faith in CPDR with how disastrous Cyberpunk 2077 was.

Fair, especially if you were on previous generation consoles at launch. But, a lot have changed and it's a pretty stable product now. I recently played it, and it's a damn good game with an immersive world. I didn't even mind doing the banal open world activities because the gameplay is solid. I'd say they've redeemed themselves. Worth checking out.

Edited by boorish_brute
  • Like 3

I hope it turns out well. It makes sense for the first one to get a remake treatment since compared to the sequels it is Eurojank in it's purist form and I doubt porting it or remastering it would work out well. Hopefully we can get the second game at some point too even though I feel like a remaster would be more than enough for that since it's not near as dated as the first.

13 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

I kind of lost faith in CPDR with how disastrous Cyberpunk 2077 was. But i'm hopeful none the less. If they match the gameplay to the same standards as the withcer 3 then we surely will have a good time.

CP2077 was a wreck on the PS4 and X1. While the previous gen versions eventually got help, I think releasing PS4 and X1 versions at launch was a mistake. It should've debuted only on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S. They could've ported down to PS4/X1 later.

For Witcher 1's remake, I wouldn't mind if the story were 1:1 identical to the original. Just updating the graphics, and revamping the combat to more closely resemble Wild Hunt's would be enough. If a Witcher 2 remake follows, it should allow you to import clear data from W1R to W2R. Wild Hunt should get a patch to accept clear data from W2R.

Always wondered if something like this would eventually happen, ever since that "Rise of the White Wolf" trailer, back in 2008. Well, if any game could use a remake, it's certainly The Witcher—I played the original to completion shortly after release, and thought it was mostly awful. I even lost hours of progress, thanks to a nasty bug.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:14 AM, KingGuy420 said:

This is... problematic.

You can tell when they made it, they didn't give 2 craps about the lore. Either they pull a Ratchet and Clank, where they change a huge part of the story... or they show the world, that at one point, they cared less about the lore than the Netflix series.

Don't get wrong I'm pretty excited. I just played 1 for the first time recently and loved it, despite that one glaring issue.

I’ll just stick with the original version. Still holds up remarkably well, with my only problem being the less than stellar combat system. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Honestly, I don't belive it's gonna be good.

Best devs from Witcher 3 are not even there now.

They haven't made anything trully great since Witcher 3. Few flops actually.

I think they are just one-hit wonder and don't have resources to replicate that success.

Cyberpunk is truly great and can definitely not be considered a flop. What else have they made except for that Gwent game?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woopa777 said:

Cyberpunk is truly great and can definitely not be considered a flop. What else have they made except for that Gwent game?

Flop no. Disappointment yes.

It had bigger budget then Witcher 3 and GTA V!

And maybe story is good but this open world is so lacking. 

They addded police chases as random encounters but it still doesn't chase you. 

Fan-made mod added police chases as far as i'm aware of.

And there are more examples like that. 

They basicly made mediocare open world when promising genre changing expierience. Many promised features just didn't happen and they had gta v level money.

CP2077 even killed 20 years old Polish game distributor. 

Witcher mobile game is dead.

And we still don't have promised Witcher 3 ps5 update

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, LadyGallethX3 said:

Last I heard is Q4 of 2022. Not many more months till 2023..

On 10/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, WiktorM101 said:

And we still don't have promised Witcher 3 ps5 update

Some retailers have listed it for December 9th. Some people have asked CDPR about it this week and received the response of "soon". I think the December 9th date is probably true.

• 5 weeks later...

The Witcher remake will be fully open world, CD Projekt Red confirms. It was revealed today during it's 3-d quarter financial results.

Story-driven, single player open-world RPG – a modern reimagining of 2007’s The Witcher

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2022/11/cd-projekt-group-presentation-q3-2022.pdf

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

The Witcher remake will be fully open world, CD Projekt Red confirms. I was revealed today during it's 3-d quarter financial results.

Story-driven, single player open-world RPG – a modern reimagining of 2007’s The Witcher

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2022/11/cd-projekt-group-presentation-q3-2022.pdf

That is very concerning

• Like 1