The Witcher Remake officially announced by CD PROJEKT RED

ziggypossum

42 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Cool news but CDPR is putting way too many irons in the fire at once.

They couldn't do their newest IP justice and now they wanna do everything at the same time?

Maybe they've cut back on bring your cat to work days. So they will actually realise their concepts this time.

I never played the original, my first was Assassin of Kings, I wonder if it will be a more contained world or a big one like Witcher 3, regardless I'm pretty excited I love the world of The Witcher, finally enough games to warrant a PS5 for me.

28 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

I kind of lost faith in CPDR with how disastrous Cyberpunk 2077 was. But i'm hopeful none the less. If they match the gameplay to the same standards as the withcer 3 then we surely will have a good time.

The disaster of Cyberpunk wasn't entirely on them, there was some bad decisions coming from higher ups, ofc they decided to go along with it so I'm not saying they are blameless,  they did us right until the Witcher 3 which is one of the best games I have ever played so I have high hopes.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Oh man this will be amazing! And unlike other remakes, they can only improve from here (Witcher 1 was an amazing narrative game but it was a disaster gameplay wise).

I only hope they will keep the "nice" romance cards in  the game1f60f.png

I'm really curious as to what those are?

This is... problematic.

You can tell when they made it, they didn't give 2 craps about the lore. Either they pull a Ratchet and Clank, where they change a huge part of the story... or they show the world, that at one point, they cared less about the lore than the Netflix series.

Don't get wrong I'm pretty excited. I just played 1 for the first time recently and loved it, despite that one glaring issue.

Edited by KingGuy420

So codename Canis majoris/big dog is a remake of the first Witcher, that is fantastic. The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf  was a console port of the Witcher 1 that was to release in PS3 and Xbox 360 but was cancelled. The next decade will be interesting.

Edited by ASMODAIOS344

39 minutes ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

So codename Canis majoris/big dog is a remake of the first Witcher, that is fantastic. The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf  was a console port of the Witcher 1 that was to release in PS3 and Xbox 360 but was cancelled. The next decade will be interesting.

Makes sense, it’s a giant RED star, and Witcher 3, a part of the Witcher series, is the game that catapulted them to stardom.

Mmh. I should hurry and clean up my profile, so that I can start Witcher 3 and CP2077.

Remembered watching a playthrough on YouTube on the Witcher 1 and having played The Witcher 3 a few years later, the difference in overall quality is huge. This game definitely needs a remake and one that I’ll definitely be picking up. ?

Not a huge fan of the Witcher series. I liked the first game when it released and remaking it makes more sense to me than remaking Dead Space (which I love) or TLOU (which I also love, but I'm incredibly sick of). Still, my first reaction to this was a laugh. Another remake/remaster/director's cut... 

It may be good, might even play it, but that's not the point.