The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Costa Rica worst team by a mile, not even a single shot. Last team to not have a shot in a WC game....Costa Rica. Teams like this should not be getting into the WC. Abysmal. Every shot on target from Spain was a goal lol, 1 short of how many they scored total in 2010 when they won the WC.  

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Costa Rica worst team by a mile, not even a single shot. Last team to not have a shot in a WC game....Costa Rica. Teams like this should not be getting into the WC. Abysmal. Every shot on target from Spain was a goal lol

Sad thing is, it'll get worse in 2026 because MORE mediocre teams will be included in the World Cup since the pool will go from 34 to 48 because FIFA is corrupt and greedy and prefers QUANTITY over QUALITY. I saw a tweet a few days ago saying 24 teams is a good number with 16 being ideal. I'd personally go with 24. And yeah, I get it, there will always be that occasional upset (we've already seen two this tournament) but for every upset, there will be a performance from a team who clearly doesn't deserve to be there.

Based on the FIFA rankings coming in, Costa Rica was #31, 10 spots ahead of Canada and 20 spots ahead of Saudi Arabia.  Go figure.

In Costa Rica’s  last World Cup appearance (2014), they did win their group with Uruguay, Italy, and England.  The Netherlands needed penalty kicks to get by them with a berth in the semi-finals at stake!

As someone who followed CONCACEF qualifying, I felt Canada was being overlooked.  They appeared very much to be on the level of the U.S. (#16) and Mexico (#13) or at least much closer than #41.  Shame it looks like they will get 0 points out of this, they deserved at least a draw.  De Bruyne is the man though.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 2

Schedule for Tomorrow:
  1. Switzerland?? vs. Cameroon ?? (5am EST | 2am PST)
  2. Uragay ?? vs. South Korea ?? (8am EST | 5am PST)
  3. Portugal ?? vs. Ghana ?? (11am EST | 8am PST)
  4. Brazil ?? vs. Serbia ?? (2pm EST | 11am PST)

Set your alarms everyone, it’s gonna be brutal for those stateside.

I’m not looking forward to anyone, I’m still pissed about Germany. I’m probably gonna take some Ibuprofen and see when I wake up in the morning. I will watch whatever is on, I guess.

My Predictions are:
  1. Switzerland?? vs. Cameroon ?? (0-0)
  2. Uruguay ?? vs. South Korea ?? (2-1)
  3. Portugal ?? vs. Ghana ?? (2-1)
  4. Brazil ?? vs. Serbia ?? (1-0)
Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1