Sony Reportedly taking steps to ban Shovelware

diskdocx

46 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

This dude is just trolling around  1f602.png i mean he created this account 4 weeks ago when this whole debate started. But whatever floats your boat i guess, some people definitely have too much time on their hands 1f4a9.png

oh i know. i just wish sony was quicker about it. Imagine the PS Store getting hacked and someone just wiping the games from the store before Sony did it LOL

49 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

never gonna happen. These "gamers" are a cancer to the forums.

When i say something about that percy636374772827273737738273737 guy

The moderators delete my comment always

The most pathetic account, if you take a look at his profile is disgusting 

• Like 4

Just now, Squarevii87 said:

When i say something about that percy636374772827273737738273737 guy

The moderators delete my comment always

The most pathetic account, if you take a look at his profile is disgusting 

hes never personally bothered me. He does play some actual games though. Shredders Revenge for example. I'm just more shocked he hasnt said anything in this thread. But playing all these shovel shit games has hurt but its his money.

As for mods deleting comments. No comment. i am a no longer a villain.

Perhaps the real issue shouldn't be the gamers spending money on what they choose, but the fact its an addiction. I say go after the true source, the dev teams. They have a Twitter. Unfortunately these threads and such give them recognition. I remember an old saying, doesnt matter good or bad, attention is attention. 

• Like 3

I so hope these games are ended.

Don't know where to exactly draw the line but certainly you shouldn't be able to platinum any game in less than an hour.  

I caved in and bought one last year - Finger Fitness - and I feel bad for doing it. I'd happily have it removed from my history and have it "never happen" if there was a cull of these in our trophy lists! I doubt that is possible but I'd be happy to see it go.

Probably though have to be happy with just these games stopping from Jan 1st. Lets hope.

15 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Then you had the wrong priorities from the get-go. 

Being recognized for being skilled, or being recognized for playing the EZPZ games -- one shouldn't desire either of those. That's shallow. All you had to do was play games that you genuinely like. 

Priorities are self imposed. And something they start from a good place. But just go bad.

Some just want that high count. They have to break the habit. Or they keep doing it.

I know my goal was to lower my played ver finsh count. To get myself to finish games. Then it trun to getting a plat a week as I get to the point everything not finish where 100s of hours long. Which started me on getting easy game that where on sale. I end up getting a few of the shovelwere and realized I should stop. There not real games.

I'm all in for combating the shovelware issue. It a turned into plague at this point.

But trying to force other to stop is pointless.

19 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

Priorities are self imposed. And something they start from a good place. But just go bad.

Some just want that high count. They have to break the habit. Or they keep doing it.

I know my goal was to lower my played ver finsh count. To get myself to finish games. Then it trun to getting a plat a week as I get to the point everything not finish where 100s of hours long. Which started me on getting easy game that where on sale. I end up getting a few of the shovelwere and realized I should stop. There not real games.

I'm all in for combating the shovelware issue. It a turned into plague at this point.

But trying to force other to stop is pointless.

IMO the problem goes beyond the playerbase- these were starting to clog up the store and hurt real devs too. Look on exophase on the PSN section and more than half of what's released every week is just this trash, slight-altered copies of the same game (Pretty Bird, the Animal Letter series, the Jumping/Food games). There are legitimately great indies that were getting lost in the shuffle, and seeing this tripe getting blocked from release on the platform will at least allow a fairer shot for those games going forward.

• Like 1

So has anyone else just been buying all the shovelware games on the store just incase they get delisted? Or is it just me? Just doing the one region for now though. Also I see alot of people complain about shovelware games and usually know about a majority of what they are but is there a list of them all somewhere?

Oh and for the whole argument thing about them all I'm all for live and let live so you do you, although one thing that I can't help but question some of the trophy hunters that go after these plats, why don't you play anything else? I've seen profiles where it's full of 30 minute or less Platinums occasional other game but it's rare, is it to keep a 100% profile and you play games on another account?

I understand the competition and wanting to be at the top of the Leaderboards I really do but seriously some of the profiles I've seen they have a PS5 and like nothing but shovelware titles are played and it makes me wonder why spend so much money on something if you're not gonna play other stuff? Again I get it for the Leaderboards but it's really strange to see sometimes. 

3 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Easiest solution is to just give the shovelware all bronze trophies, with no plat.

Didnt that type of games where whitout plat? And some ppl complain about it and then Sony told that all new games will have plats?! Or I mixed some informations...?

1 hour ago, Ineasnow said:

Didnt that type of games where whitout plat? And some ppl complain about it and then Sony told that all new games will have plats?! Or I mixed some informations...?

No, platinum trophies were never mandated (for some reason.) Even though these days devs have confirmed all you have to do is ask for one, they dropped any and all other requirements a good few years back (which is part of the reason we're in this mess).

• Like 1