Game Achievements Ltd

GAchievements

Firstly I think Gameachievements deserves some kudos here for being up front and taking the heat here. There are a few other spam developers that have been around longer that would never crawl out of their shell to take any responsibility.  They are far worse in my opinion with flooding the PS store for much longer than GS.

Secondly great that you are taking steps to adapt to new policies and spend more time with developing actual games. I have no problem with ratalakia and sometimes you games, easy trophy list yes but they help support start-up indie game developers publish their games, that would struggle normally.

I just hope those steps are the right decisions and won't end up being exploitive to the addicts.

I hope you learn from your mistakes and community feedback and turn that into a win win for everybody.Good luck.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Firstly I think Gameachievements deserves some kudos here for being up front and taking the heat here. There are a few other spam developers that have been around longer that would never crawl out of their shell to take any responsibility.  They are far worse in my opinion with flooding the PS store for much longer than GS.

Secondly great that you are taking steps to adapt to new policies and spend more time with developing actual games. I have no problem with ratalakia and sometimes you games, easy trophy list yes but they help support start-up indie game developers publish their games, that would struggle normally.

I just hope those steps are the right decisions and won't end up being exploitive to the addicts.

I hope you learn from your mistakes and community feedback and turn that into a win win for everybody.Good luck.

We are going to be doing what we can. To put things into perspective, the new game in development will take at least 4 to 5 hours at present to complete. This is planned to be extended still.

Plus our current games will be expanded to take at least 30 - 60 minutes at minimum to 100%. Still short we know but better than 5 minutes.

We know that there is still more to do and we will endeavor to do it.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this and try not to take the hate that has and will come your way on this too seriously. Its good that you're going to put more effort into your existing games and I hope it helps develop your skills so that you can put something out in the future that will be respected. Its not impossible. Ratalaika used to get hated on a lot too and nowadays people have no issue with them.

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

Holy shit, the Phantom Thieves at work. Such a change of heart. Personally I would've preferred an honest statement along the lines of "we will find a way to sell trophies" because I don't believe a word of all the "we'll make real games" thing. Then again, it's easy money and we all like money, yes? He put the final nail in the leaderboard coffin, but there were many 1hr C64 style games which were made for the exact same purpose as the strokers. Leaderboards were already about who can spend the most time and money on crappy games just to get some points long before he started the stroking fest. The only thing that has changed was the scale. 

He found a niche and exploited it. More power to him tbh. Which company doesn't do that? All the CoDs, Fifas and ACs are not that much different in essence. They may not ruin a hobby for some folks, but still... 

I kinda wish he shared his personal profile though, I'm genuinely curious. We should stroke the mods for a leak, however that sounds. 

And a question - how many people are "we"? if there are credits in the strokers, I haven't watched them. 

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Firstly I think Gameachievements deserves some kudos here for being up front and taking the heat here.

Kudos for what exactly? Taking heat on a faceless company account that has already been getting heat since they first rocked up on the store?

Desperate bid to either try and gain some PR to salvage something out of this market or maybe just to maintain some kind of hot topic relevancy, keep their name circulating in the community because their current gravy train may be coming to an end. I'd say continue to ignore 'em. Trying to switch to plan B and pretend like they've learned some kind of lesson, painfully transparent.

And that bollocks about not having figures and other information requested etc. xD Like, sure, I don't need to know and I don't think it's particularly important myself but... They just bare face lied to everyone in their responses so it's hardly putting them even remotely in a position of trust for anything they've got to say.

If you know where to look you can find out, struggle to believe someone who allegedly works in the company would be somehow less informed than your average Joe can be about their own company...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

And that bollocks about not having figures and other information requested etc. xD Like, sure, I don't need to know and I don't think it's particularly important myself but... They just bare face lied to everyone in their responses so it's hardly putting them even remotely in a position of trust for anything they've got to say.

If you know where to look you can find out, struggle to believe someone who allegedly works in the company would be somehow less informed than your average Joe can be about their own company...

If it's easy to find could you please let us know. Otherwise unless you are a developer you won't know how the Sony reporting system works, it is nowhere near as efficient as you may think. Hopefully end of this month we will get some official numbers, but up until now, there have been delays throughout the network.

All the shovelware team members suck. I dont give a damn what you're doing, i dont even wish you success. 

I doubt they can make a decent game, and even if they pulled a miracle outta there ass, the trophy would still be some crap like "stay alive 1 second, 2 second, 3 second" etc. with no death mechanic in the game rendering it pointless.

Seriously wish the mods would just permanently ban these users every time they pop up. The forums dont need them. 

Anyway, just to give a little preview, Stroke The Dog is nearly complete, couple more days and should be done.

- Full overhaul of the looks, now in full 3D and not 2D.

- Dog reacts and animates to player input.

- Quiz mode overhaul to suit aesthetics.

- Fully voiced section learning about dogs.

All games will get similar treatment.

Preview image of main game:

imgpreview.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAchievements said:

Anyway, just to give a little preview, Stroke The Dog is nearly complete, couple more days and should be done.

imgpreview.png

so.... still bang X thousands of time with no story?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GAchievements said:

Cannot change trophy requirements as per policies.

this is a big fat lie

I can give many examples of games that changed trophy requirements/descriptions

love how u put story in quotation marks too

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

3 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

this is a big fat lie

I can give many examples of games that changed trophy requirements/descriptions

love how u put story in quotation marks too

It's not a lie based on their policies. Changing a description is easy to get a waiver for, changing the requirements is a rather large ordeal that Sony prefer not to approve.

3 hours ago, GAchievements said:

imgpreview.png

so how may stacks are allowed now is it still the same or changed to less?

On 11/26/2022 at 4:52 AM, SlipingJimmy said:

Firstly I think Gameachievements deserves some kudos here for being up front and taking the heat here.

He doesn't deserve kudos for anything, unless you mean for a disingenuous attempt to thinly veil trying to stay in the public perception of this website as a way of selling his newly branded "games"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GAchievements said:

If it's easy to find could you please let us know.

Considering your background (yes, I did a little searching) I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that this is just naivety and that you're not being completely disingenuous to us.

Here's your heads up, there's a lot of information on both you and and the company freely available in the public domain from official sources. I've learned quite a fair bit about you in the last 10 minutes.

You called it out like it wasn't easy so I decided to check for myself rather than assume a lot of it was out there. You will most certainly have the information yourself. You might be correct about not having some of it, I couldn't find a couple things but that isn't to say you don't have that information, obviously not everything is public.

I know a lot of folks on forums don't really know what goes on re: the whole development thing but I've seen the other end plenty on both the creative and business sides so whilst I don't know exactly the process your shovelware garbage goes through I have a somewhat decent idea how some of it works for others and I also know what public sources to look at for data.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Considering your background (yes, I did a little searching) I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that this is just naivety and that you're not being completely disingenuous to us.

Here's your heads up, there's a lot of information on both you and and the company freely available in the public domain from official sources. I've learned quite a fair bit about you in the last 10 minutes.

You called it out like it wasn't easy so I decided to check for myself rather than assume a lot of it was out there. You will most certainly have the information yourself. You might be correct about not having some of it, I couldn't find a couple things but that isn't to say you don't have that information, obviously not everything is public.

I know a lot of folks on forums don't really know what goes on re: the whole development thing but I've seen the other end plenty on both the creative and business sides so whilst I don't know exactly the process your shovelware garbage goes through I have a somewhat decent idea how some of it works for others and I also know what public sources to look at for data.

So how many sales have we had? That was the question asked and the question I do not yet have the answer for.

Finding out basic information about a business is easy yes, but that is not what was asked. Anyway, enough of that discussion, it does not add anything to the thread.

1 hour ago, GAchievements said:

Anyway, enough of that discussion, it does not add anything to the thread.

Yes, enough trying to fact check when you're trying to claim to be open and honest ?

You'd be half right, on a technicality, that I don't know 'how many sales'... as in 'units'. The financials associated to those sales on the other hand? Yes. Readily available. And I struggle to believe that information would be somewhat easily publicly available yet somehow the information regarding the 'units' sold would be unknown to you? Like, where do you think those numbers come from? Surely you'd be informed of both at the same time? Or you could at least approximate based on the 2nd number.

I mean, you want me to post a screenshot for you? I just really struggle to understand how you wouldn't know.

If you don't want to answer a question like that just say you prefer not to answer, that's honestly perfectly fine. Don't pretend you just don't know the answers, it only puts your honesty in question.

• Like 2