Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

1 minute ago, seannyboy913 said:

To add to this Fortnite is a 3/10 on PSN profiles but rated 10/10 on playstation trophies for anyone who wants to sink 1000+ hours in a game. Too bad the guide writer changed the Celeste guide on here a few years back or it could have been the 2/10. 

Lol Fortnite being a 10 just cause it makes you wanna kill yourself from the ridiculously unnecessary grind...never had someone do it as part of this challenge even though I guess they could if its really rated 10. 

I'm glad the guide writer changed Celeste. I'm doing that as my 9/10 right now and I feel dirty af haha It's so easy with assists, oh well. My second list will be much harder so I don't feel bad enough to change my 9, but it's still kinda cheap ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I think you can get at least s list with 7 games that could be a 10/10 by their highest rating if you want to @D-E-U-S-X @Rebourne07. This is what i'd do:

4/10 Sega Mega Drive & Genesis

5/10 Red Dead Redemption 2

7/10 Demon's Souls (PS3)

8/10 Hollow Knight

9/10 Fall Guys

10/10 Xeno Crisis

I haven't found a game for 6/10 but i'm certain there'll be something :)

Hollow Knight is a good idea. I already have Demon's Souls (except JP) and RDR2. My candidates so far are Diablo2, EDF 4.1, EDF 2025, Star Ocean The Last Hope, Silent Hill 2, The Evil Within, Lichtspeer, SMB, Pox Nora, Trackmania, Wuppo, The Long Dark, Chariot, Wolfenstein 2...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skagarrin said:

From the rules in the OP

"The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating."

So you can use either 6/10 or 8/10 rating as long as you submit a link to as proof

Thank you I'll take it as 8

So these games

1/10 life is strange remastered 

2/10 persona 5 royal

3/10 yakuza 6

4/10 lego skywalker saga 

5/10 persona 4 golden PlayStation trophies ps4 edition

6/10 yakuza kiwami 2

7/10 Yakuza 0

8/10 Persona 3 Portable 

Not sure about 9 and 10 yet

I will add others later 

• Like 2

1. Use Your Words

2. Farming Simulator 19

3. Portal Knights :platinum: (20/1/23)

4. Fantasy Strike :platinum: (11/1/23)

5. Star Wars Battlefront II

6. Zombi

7. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

8. Unturned

9. WipEout Omega Collection

10. Dreadnought :platinum: (13/1/23)

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Dreadnought ✅

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Use Your Words, Farming Simulator 19, Fantasy Strike, Star Wars Battlefront II, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, Unturned, WipEout Omega Collection

XYD6tMN.png Hardcore - All 10 games are Ultra Rare on PSNP

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - Party, Business, RPG, Fighting, Science Fiction, Horror, Warfare, Survival, Racing, Simulator

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - WipEout Omega Collection

F5psQ31.png Masochist - WipEout Omega Collection voted as 10 by forum users on PST.org

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - All 10 are PS4 games

rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Business (Farming Simulator 19)

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Z (Zombi)

3/10 - Portal Knights. Really didn't enjoy this game. Not looking forward to doing the DLC but glad to have the platinum at least. 

• Like 4

This looks like fun! The hardest part might actually be just committing to a solid 10-game list. So far this is my (very-subject-to-change) list:

1: TOEM (I don't even have a PS5 yet, but this was literally the only 1-tier I could find worth playing. Yeesh!)
2: House Flipper or 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
3: So many 3s to pick from. Right now FFVIII is looking like the top candidate, for Brownie Points/Old School/Personal nostalgia
4: Two Point Hospital
5: Zone of the Enders HD
6: Stardew Valley
7: Lots to pick from, but Metal Wolf Chaos would work best I think (how much more Murica can you get than this game?)
8: Deep Rock Galactic
9: Returnal
10: Vanquish

I've finished two of these so far (ZoE and Two Point Hospital) but I may swap those out depending on what games I end up playing this year. (I'll make a second list if I can find another 10 and 1!)

Also, two of the games on this list gave a future badge idea: Number Cruncher - Platinum 3 games with a number in the title not related to it being a sequel. So -  3D Pinball, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, One Piece, XIII, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. Years would count, but only if it's not related to sequel status - ie, Anno 1800 or The Order 1866 would count, but not MLB the Show 22 or Rocksmith 2014 etc. And if people want to be creative, words derived directly from numbers might also count: First, Twice, Double, Trinity/Tri/Trine, Binary, Octopath/Octodad, etc.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, zaxonzaxon said:

This looks like fun! The hardest part might actually be just committing to a solid 10-game list. So far this is my (very-subject-to-change) list:

1: TOEM (I don't even have a PS5 yet, but this was literally the only 1-tier I could find worth playing. Yeesh!)
2: House Flipper or 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
3: So many 3s to pick from. Right now FFVIII is looking like the top candidate, for Brownie Points/Old School/Personal nostalgia
4: Two Point Hospital
5: Zone of the Enders HD
6: Stardew Valley
7: Lots to pick from, but Metal Wolf Chaos would work best I think (how much more Murica can you get than this game?)
8: Deep Rock Galactic
9: Returnal
10: Vanquish

I've finished two of these so far (ZoE and Two Point Hospital) but I may swap those out depending on what games I end up playing this year. (I'll make a second list if I can find another 10 and 1!)

Also, two of the games on this list gave a future badge idea: Number Cruncher - Platinum 3 games with a number in the title not related to it being a sequel. So -  3D Pinball, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, One Piece, XIII, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. Years would count, but only if it's not related to sequel status - ie, Anno 1800 or The Order 1866 would count, but not MLB the Show 22 or Rocksmith 2014 etc. And if people want to be creative, words derived directly from numbers might also count: First, Twice, Double, Trinity/Tri/Trine, Binary, Octopath/Octodad, etc.

Great list and great badge idea! I’ll add it to the future badges list! Also, there’s recommendations for 1’s and 10’s in the Resources section of the main post that can help you. Good luck!  

• Like 1

I’ll give it a shot but I doubt I will be able to complete it since I am way too ADD and have limited time, but who knows!

1. My Name is Mayo 2 1/10

2. Miles Morales PS4 2/10

3. Ghosts of Tsushima 3/10

4. God of War (2018) 4/10

5. The Callisto Protocol 5/10

6. :platinum: The Last of Us Remastered  6/10 (Done! )

7. Bloodborne 7/10

8. Outlast 2 8/10

9. Returnal 9/10

10. Shadow Warrior or Wolfenstein 2, 10/10

The wild cards are Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space, Jedi Surivor and RE4 Remake.  I would love to plat those but I think they will all probably fall in the 3-6 range which is already pretty full of options.

• Like 3

I need some help guys. I’m making a badge for next year called:

Top Ten - Platinum one of the hardest games on all of Playstation 

Im trying to determine a list of the top ten hardest, most skill based platinums out there while also giving a variety of genres to choose from. I’ve made a preliminary list, but if you read this and have suggestions please nominate some games and say which of these you’d swap out. Thanks. 

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Wolfenstein 2
Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Im trying to determine a list of the top ten hardest, most skill based platinums out there while also giving a variety of genres to choose from. I’ve made a preliminary list, but if you read this and have suggestions please nominate some games and say which of these you’d swap out. Thanks. 

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

I’ve seen a few people say that Splasher is a lot harder than Super Meat Boy

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11282-splasher-trophy-guide

might be one to consider

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

Diablo 2?

:)

The trophy guide on psnp for Super Meat Boy Forever states the game is even harder than the original game.

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Based on what I played of GT Sport and have read about Assetto Corsa, maybe they should be swapped. 

The difficulty in GT Sport came from the online trophies, but now that GT7 is out the online population has fallen off a cliff and winning online is much easier. Difficulty in AC is from time trials, which are going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Diablo 2?

:)

The trophy guide on psnp for Super Meat Boy Forever states the game is even harder than the original game.

So, genuine question, is Diablo 2 a 10 due to skill requirements or time/PermaDeath scare? 

yeah, either Super Meat Boy would work 

36 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Based on what I played of GT Sport and have read about Assetto Corsa, maybe they should be swapped. 

The difficulty in GT Sport came from the online trophies, but now that GT7 is out the online population has fallen off a cliff and winning online is much easier. Difficulty in AC is from time trials, which are going nowhere. 

That is an excellent point. I’ll look more into Assetto Corsa.

8 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

So, genuine question, is Diablo 2 a 10 due to skill requirements or time/PermaDeath scare? 

I would say Diablo 2 is a 10 because of the humongous time investment and permadeathing.

There's so many builds available that demolish the game, skill really ain't an issue there xD

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

There's a few games on here I think don't deserve to be a 10/10 rating from what I've played and or heard about which I'll explain below;

• Street Fighter 5 doesn't deserve its rating because the gold rank is boost-able, survival can be retried with fight money which is the main platinum breakers of the game.

• Devil May Cry 5 doesn't deserve to be a 10/10 either because even without the exploits its still not a 10. Trophy hunters will use any exploit they can so this would be a very soft 10.

• Ultimate Marvel in my opinion would only be a 10/10 for someone who has zero experience with the genre. Persona 4 Arena, The King of Fighters 13 and Kohime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai are harder in my opinion.

• Silent Hill 2 I played quite a bit back on the PS2, the 10 star run is the only make or break for the platinum trophy. Its doable with practice but I wouldn't say its a 10 though. 

Here would be my recommendations; Guitar Hero Van Halen (Rhythm), Tetris Effect (Puzzle), Catherine (Puzzle), Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Hack N Slash), Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (Kart Racing), Assetto Corsa and its sequel (Sim Racing), Gran Turismo 5 providing the online has been completed but it can be cheesed on Red Bull challenges. Persona 4 Arena/Kohime Enbu Ryo RaiRai/The King of Fighters 13, Dead or Alive 5 Vanilla, SkullGirls 2nd Encore (Fighting), Ikaruga/Raiden 4 (Shmup), Splasher (Platformer). 

Cannot think of any others at the time of posting if I do I'll edit this post.

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

• Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Doom 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Street Fighter V
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

Yeah as mentioned above some of these are quite far away from each other. I'll say for racing that when it comes to hardest platinum then it's either GT5 (if fully legit) or Assetto Corsa, which takes a lot of time to get through. I did that twice last year & it took a long time even for one time. I'll probably stack it again this year for this challenge when I get around to making a list.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

So y’all are bringing up some good points. I think I’ll swap out Gran Turismo Sport for Assetto Corsa…if it’s still obtainable. Psnp+ says both the PS4 and PS5 versions have unobtainable trophies, is that true? 

When I did Street Fighter V a few years ago Good rank was completely unboostable. What changed? 

Ninja Gaiden requires co-op which for a single person challenge I wouldn’t wanna include. Doom 2 does too but we all know everyone that does that does it solo lol

i stand by Umvc3, those challenges are ridiculous. 

I really wanna include Tetris Effect, I’ll put that in once I figure out which to cut 

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

So y’all are bringing up some good points. I think I’ll swap out Gran Turismo Sport for Assetto Corsa…if it’s still obtainable. Psnp+ says both the PS4 and PS5 versions have unobtainable trophies, is that true? 

When I did Street Fighter V a few years ago Good rank was completely unboostable. What changed? 

Ninja Gaiden requires co-op which for a single person challenge I wouldn’t wanna include. Doom 2 does too but we all know everyone that does that does it solo lol

i stand by Umvc3, those challenges are ridiculous. 

I really wanna include Tetris Effect, I’ll put that in once I figure out which to cut 

Street Fighter 5 Gold League boost (Quote from Forum)

On 25/06/2021 at 5:39 AM, RangyRV said:

Yes, you can boost the Golden League trophy, but it would require a partner that lives as closest as possible from you (or that you have 2 PS4/PS5), because the matchmaking is based on your connection, you cant choose who you play with. You also need a couple alt accounts to trade wins, because you only play against people one or two ranks below/above you.

Let me know if you need more details about how I did it, I havent found many information about it myself.

As for Ninja Gaiden, yes the PS3 version which is harder requires another person but the PS4 version doesn't. I'd rather complete UMVC3 trials again than KOF13 any day of the week :) 

• Like 2

@Copanele You’re our resident fighting game god, gimme a list of the top 3 hardest fighting game platinums on Playstation that 1) are still obtainable 2) aren’t too old (still relevant in the FGC, at least a cult following online, etc) and 3) can’t be boosted/exploited in any impactful way. I’ll put 1-2 on the list.

3 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

First entry in my unofficial lunatic list of games with a 10/10 rating. Star Ocean 4 - a JRPG that I enjoyed even though I needed about 700 hours for it wasn't boring to me. As with other Japanese games, I have to give credit for the fact that there has never been a single bug, glitch or freeze in this long time. For today's games unthinkable...

?10/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Congratulations!!! I love that word Unthinkable. That’s what I’ll call the bonus badge you get if you actually pull it off lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Copanele You’re our resident fighting game god, gimme a list of the top 3 hardest fighting game platinums on Playstation that 1) are still obtainable 2) aren’t too old (still relevant in the FGC, at least a cult following online, etc) and 3) can’t be boosted/exploited in any impactful way. I’ll put 1-2 on the list.

Honestly from my experience, there's this ranking:

1) Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai - the absolute hardest one to platinum

2) Persona 4 Arena - even with exploits this one is a doozy

3) One of the following - KoF13 (crazy trials), USF4 (you have to do ALL trials + the online + the titles), UMVC3 (crazy trials)

It's pretty tough for me to pick something from 3, but I am pretty sure about position 1 and 2 xD 

55 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Honestly from my experience, there's this ranking:

1) Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai - the absolute hardest one to platinum

2) Persona 4 Arena - even with exploits this one is a doozy

3) One of the following - KoF13 (crazy trials), USF4 (you have to do ALL trials + the online + the titles), UMVC3 (crazy trials)

It's pretty tough for me to pick something from 3, but I am pretty sure about position 1 and 2 xD 

Ok cool so we’re at 9 out of the 10 then. I feel good about these others. (Not always the absolute hardest, but trying to give genre variety and something people would want to play too)

• Assetto Corsa
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Doom 2
  • Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Silent Hill 2 HD
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Wolfenstein 2

We need an action game like Devil May Cry 5 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Something that’s 10/10 rated, still relevant and can’t be cheated or made significantly easier. Gotta be skill based difficulty not time and still obtainable. Anyone have suggestions?

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

First entry in my unofficial lunatic list of games with a 10/10 rating. Star Ocean 4 - a JRPG that I enjoyed even though I needed about 700 hours for it wasn't boring to me. As with other Japanese games, I have to give credit for the fact that there has never been a single bug, glitch or freeze in this long time. For today's games unthinkable...

1f480.png10/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Congrats!!! I've heard good things about this one, perhaps I should try it...

In all seriousness you're super lucky that the game never froze on you. I had a few freezes in the Wandering Dungeon and while grinding Arumat's kills.

• Like 1