Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Posed a question to y'all in the poll above. For some more context:

Let's take a game like Wipeout Omega Collection

PlatPrices has it as a 9

PSNProfiles has it as an 8

Its average on the community voted poll on PlaystationTrophies is 8.72, so we'd call that an 8 or a 9, whichever you want.

brfoLqw.png

However, a closer look at the community voted poll for it shows this...

F74yzIQ.png

Here you can see that the highest voted number is 10. It's the outliers that are dragging it down to the average it's sitting at. The question on the poll is...should this also count as a 10 since the highest number of votes is for 10?

I personally vote yes, but I'll leave the poll up a few days and go with y'all's decision. Some discussion around the topic might help people make their decision too. Thanks guys.

Edited by Rebourne07

9 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

*Snip*

I personally vote yes, but I'll leave the poll up a few days and go with y'all's decision. Some discussion around the topic might help people make their decision too. Thanks guys.

I only see this poll when I am not signed into the forums once I am signed in the poll does not come up for me, either way if the changes are made I would allow me to make a change or two on my list, a few games I wanted fell into two or more rankings with votes that were almost the same amount.

The way I see it, its almost the same as going from PSNP who say a game is 7 to PST who say a game is 6 in hope that their ranking is different number and then going to platget who said the same game is a 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moomba said:

Love it! Great list! Good find on that Pinball game too! I'll have to recommend that one in the Platinum Every Genre challenge so that Yoku's Island Express has some competition lol Also, looks like you also qualify for 9ecFreL.png Old School with SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis ClassicsICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

52 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Love it! Great list! Good find on that Pinball game too! I'll have to recommend that one in the Platinum Every Genre challenge so that Yoku's Island Express has some competition lol Also, looks like you also qualify for 9ecFreL.png Old School with SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis ClassicsICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

Thanks! I'll add that badge too. Ha, I actually found the Pinball game while looking into that other challenge. It's why it's on this list actually.

Edit: Also added 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond as Cold Steel IV is estimated at 150 hours.

Edited by Moomba
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Let's take a game like Wipeout Omega Collection

PlatPrices has it as a 9

PSNProfiles has it as an 8

Its average on the community voted poll on PlaystationTrophies is 8.72, so we'd call that an 8 or a 9, whichever you want.

However, a closer look at the community voted poll for it shows this...

Here you can see that the highest voted number is 10. It's the outliers that are dragging it down to the average it's sitting at. The question on the poll is...should this also count as a 10 since the highest number of votes is for 10?

@Rebourne07

Here's a good example.

I used this as my 8 for the 2022 list: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/261080-platinum-difficulty-rating/

No guide has it at a 8. I think I saw 6 or 7, But that poll clearly shows a median of 8, which over 50% of votes for it.

Perhaps since I used the over 50% of votes argument to justify it as my 8, even thought the average is also used for 8, maybe if the median/most popular option is above a certain percentage, it can be allowed? Above 50% absolutely should have it count, but for the more popular games maybe it should be around 40% for auto admit? Just a thought. I do remember you saying in the previous thread that outliers like those can be considered troll votes and thrown out when you were helping someone decide on a tier as well.

I'm saying have it be above a certain percentage in the case where the highest rating is only by a few votes. Seems more fair to me if it has to pass a percentage threshold as well.

Also for you drop down rankings for resources, adding it which games are on PS+ tiers would be a good idea. Maybe also if it's a game that can be counted as a 7 or a 8, have the game in both lists.

Also for ranking 8, add Astebreed and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

Also, fuck Astebreed :)

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, temp-381229 said:

@Rebourne07got some strange question. Wich time zone is basic? While in NY 31.12 10 AM in Tokyo already 2023:) So i can get plats in 2023 my time zone or 0+ GMT? It's important not only for plats, but for some bages too.

Good question and I’ll make a dedicated post about this when it gets closer to December 31st. But here’s the info.

So PSNProfiles shows everybody times converted to their own time zone. My personal timezone is Mountain Standard Time (MST) which is GMT-7.

But really, if it’s January 1st, 12:00am (0:00) in your timezone when you pop your platinums then you’re good.

In reality I’m not gonna be super picky about it. If there’s two or more people that go for it right at new year then I’ll look at time stamps. 

If somebody tries to trick everyone and does them several hours early and it’s obvious…their platinums will still count for the challenge but they won’t get the FIRST! badge. 

Last year there wasn’t a badge but there was a race of sorts to finish first but the first real finisher was in like March lol So idk if anyones even gonna try at midnight on new year.

For the monthly badges like Love Bird, Murica and Spooky, close enough is fine. There’s no rush to do it first day anyway. 

Hopefully that helps :) 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 Last year I managed to complete the challenge and reach bronze tier on a second list however this year I would like to try and better myself. My list is extremely tentative and subject to change, I wish everyone who participates success in their platinum journey, so let's dive into my list! Not sure what badges I would qualify for, but my primary concern is to finish the challenge, anything extra is a bonus.

1 - The Wolf Among Us (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Telltale

2 - Nickelodeon Kart Racers 1 (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Racing

3 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0%

4 - Infamous First Light (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0%

5 - GranBlue Fantasy Versus (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% 2D Fighter

6 - Wolfenstein the New Order (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% FPS

7 - Crash Bandicoot 1 HD (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Platformer

8 - Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 1+2 Remake (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Sport

9 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Hack n Slash 

10 - Kohime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% 2D Fighter

If the lad has time, I would like to attempt to complete a second list which in theory shouldn't be as difficult as it sounds considering I've spent the last few months working towards various games, leaving a single trophy away from the platinum trophy.

Second list

1 - Batman TellTale (PlayStation 4) Current Progress DONE Telltale

2 - Spyro the Dragon HD (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Platformer

3 - DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (PlayStation 3) DONE Racing

4 - Madagascar Kartz (PlayStation 3) DONE Racing

5 - Samurai Shodown 2019 (PlayStation 4) DONE 2D Fighter

6 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PlayStation 3) DONE 3D Fighter

7 - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PlayStation 4) DONE 2D Fighter

8 - Arc Survival Evolved (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Survival

9 - Devil May Cry 3 HD (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Hack n Slash

10 - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 97% 2D Fighter

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@Rebourne07 Last year I managed to complete the challenge and reach bronze tier on a second list however this year I would like to try and better myself. My list is extremely tentative and subject to change, I wish everyone who participates success in their platinum journey, so let's dive into my list! Not sure what badges I would qualify for, but my primary concern is to finish the challenge, anything extra is a bonus.

1 - The Wolf Among Us (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Telltale

2 - Nickelodeon Kart Racers 1 (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Racing

3 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0%

4 - Infamous First Light (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0%

5 - GranBlue Fantasy Versus (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% 2D Fighter

6 - Wolfenstein the New Order (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% FPS

7 - Crash Bandicoot 1 HD (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Platformer

8 - Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 1+2 Remake (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Sport

9 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Hack n Slash 

10 - Kohime Enbu Ryo Rai Rai (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% 2D Fighter

If the lad has time, I would like to attempt to complete a second list which in theory shouldn't be as difficult as it sounds considering I've spent the last few months working towards various games, leaving a single trophy away from the platinum trophy.

Second list

1 - Batman TellTale (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 90% Telltale

2 - Spyro the Dragon HD (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Platformer

3 - DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 98% Racing

4 - Doom Eternal (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 93% FPS

5 - Samurai Shodown 2019 (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 98% 2D Fighter

6 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 97% 3D Fighter

7 - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 98% 2D Fighter

8 - Arc Survival Evolved (PlayStation 4) Current Progress 0% Survival

9 - Devil May Cry 3 HD (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 0% Hack n Slash

10 - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PlayStation 3) Current Progress 97% 2D Fighter

Looks good man! Super ambitious, but I believe you can do it :) LOVE the formatting, very clear. 

I’d need to see a guide or poll rating Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at a 6/10 though. PSNProfiles has it at a 3 and I think you’d be hard pressed to find it rated much higher than that. 

3 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Looks good man! Super ambitious, but I believe you can do it :) LOVE the formatting, very clear. 

I’d need to see a guide or poll rating Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at a 6/10 though. PSNProfiles has it at a 3 and I think you’d be hard pressed to find it rated much higher than that. 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/tekken-tag-tournament-2/guide/

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 Just want to make sure you saw my post on this page about your question regarding the polls. I suggested that along with being the highest value, it should clear a certain percentage of the vote. IE somewhere in the 40% to 50% range, or perhaps lead by a certain amount of votes to avoid really close results, then rambled about misc stuff.

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Great list! Lots of unique games on there. Looks like you'd definitely qualify for the 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points and JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades badges. You'd earn KDlyQ16.png Spooky if you do RE7 in October. Welcome to the challenge :D

Thanks, I hope to complete as many of those as possible. The Final Fantasy badge should be the easiest to obtain, but I've heard bad things about the X-2 100% trophy so it has a right to be in this challenge. Looking forward to this challenge.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

41 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Lmao wow nice! Ok, that’s surprising, but it counts :) Good find.

Just one thing, if you also go for xboxachievements as a difficulty rating make sure that the list is 1:1 with the playstation list. Sometimes xbox achievements are different/more difficult than playstation trophy requirements. 

I believe Tekken Tag 2 is safe, but just in case for the future :P 

That being said...finally kinda/sorta found a list that is focused only on fighting games/fighting game focused:

1/10 - Xblaze Lost Memories(PS3) - set in Blazblue universe

2/10 - Phantom Breaker Omnia(PS4)

3/10 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2(PS3) OR Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R(PS4)

4/10 - Dead or Alive 6(PS4)

5/10 - Soul Calibur 6(PS4)

6/10 - Street Fighter x Tekken(PS3)

7/10 - Marvel vs Capcom 3(PS3) OR Akiba's Trip Hellbound&Debriefed(PS4)

8/10 - Dragon Ball Raging Blast(PS3)

9/10 - Street Fighter 4(PS3)

10/10 - Dead or Alive 5(PS3)

The 4 badges I'd get for sure with this list(should  I finish the games, that is) are:

• JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre
  • F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 - Street Fighter 4 is considered a 10/10 on xboxachievements xD 
  • zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Platinum a Fighting or Racing game rated 8/10 or higher

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

@Rebourne07 Just want to make sure you saw my post on this page about your question regarding the polls. I suggested that along with being the highest value, it should clear a certain percentage of the vote. IE somewhere in the 40% to 50% range, or perhaps lead by a certain amount of votes to avoid really close results, then rambled about misc stuff.

I did yeah thank you for weighing in. Tonight before even posting the poll I looked through dozens of 8s and 9s to make sure the new rule wouldn’t convert an excessive amount into 10s (Don’t wanna cheapen 10s) and what I found is it’s pretty rare for a game’s highest rated number to be too far off the average cause there’s not usually a huge difference in number of votes among the ratings. I think if we end up deciding to count highest votes it’d just be highest, regardless of how many more the highest has than the second highest.

@Laburnski Awesome, I think that's the most badges I've seen stacked on one list lol And you'd also qualify for odWe7mC.png Award Winner because of Divinity Original Sin 2 so that'd put you at 12 badges in a single list!

@AppleKratue Yeah that 100% trophy on FFX-2 is no joke, gotta be very meticulous. You got this though!

@Copanele Good point on Xbox guides. I looked through that one tho cause I was shocked. I remember doing TTT2 myself and it took like a day lol But hey, it's got a legit 6 rating so it's good to go :D Your list is looking great, super beefy. You'd also earn zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz.

• Like 2