Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

10 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Whenever you post updates to your list, once you've completed 7+ games (to be on the leaderboards you need at least 7/10 games completed on your list) then just post in your update what badges your current list qualifies for. @plimaz- just posted an update a few days ago and its a good example of correct, easy to read formatting 

alright i start with my list with dragonball fighter z i want to play the challenging games i finally got a list for this challenge i dont know how far i can get with the list but i wil see if i can get it done 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Yuber6969 Congratulations on Gold tier and an extra badge! MGR is HARD!

@Edusbr Congratulations on finishing the challenge and 12 badges! Good job on both of those 10's!

@plimaz- Congratulations on Silver tier and two more badges! Good luck on Cuphead!

• Like 4

Congratulations @dark_moon689 on Silver tier and 5 badges!

Congratulations @Gambrosin on Bronze tier!

You know what I find very strange? PS5 has been out for two years and every one of the most played games on the front page of PSNProfiles is a PS5 game...but there's only one person who has achieved the sU2THm9.png PS5 Master badge...and that's me lol Why is that? 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

You know what I find very strange? PS5 has been out for two years and every one of the most played games on the front page of PSNProfiles is a PS5 game...but there's only one person who has achieved the sU2THm9.png PS5 Master badge...and that's me lol Why is that? 

maybe they did not platinum alot of ps5 games  i platinumed 4 ps4 games and 1 ps5 game but that was before i joined this event so i believe they dont count for this event

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Hi @Rebourne07, am i not eligible for badge "Award Winner" for GOW Ragnarok? maybe i missed some rule :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gambrosin said:

Hi @Rebourne07, am i not eligible for badge "Award Winner" for GOW Ragnarok? maybe i missed some rule :)

You are yeah, but to earn badges you gotta let me know which badges your current completed games qualify for. It'd take me a lot of time to evaluate badges for every list myself so its up to each player to report their own badges :) Let me know which ones your list qualifies for and I'll add them to your name on the leaderboards.

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I think there is a lack of 7-10 rated PS5 games while there are tons of PS4 games for every difficulty. It feels like most big new games fit in that 2-6 range and that is also the range where it is easier to complete some of the other badges. I'm trying to complete PS5 Master and Series Conqueror in the same list and the Atelier games all fit nicely into the 2-4 range so I was forced to try and find higher rated PS5 games. Turns out there either aren't that many or I just wasn't looking hard enough.

No one has earned the Money Bags badge for similar but slightly different reasons. There's usually a delay between a game release and a guide with a viable rating to use, so it's tough to put together a list until the latter part of the year. I recently completed Trackmania but there's no guide out for it and I'm not sure when there will be one (though I know one is being worked on). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Well, i have my ps5 for half a year and there aren't many ps5 games i want to play or i played the ps4 versions instead.

But i do have plans for a list to get the ps5 and Vita master badges later this year :) And i want the ps3 master badge too. Time is running fast though ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I guess like all said it is difficult to find 6 games with different difficulty levels. it is also connected with the "Money Bags" that no one haves so far. The new games from this year normally have all ps5 stacks, but since they are new there are no guides for most of them so it is difficult to add the badge if you are not going for VR2 games which are released this year but have already a guide for their respective VR1 stack.

I think we see more of those two badges in the second half of the year :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I think it is what others have said before.

My first list is PS4 because that is where most of the games I wanted to play were sitting, they covered the full range of difficulty and had guides available.

My second list is PS5 but all of the PS5 games are at the lower end of the difficulty range. The lack of guides is also a consideration.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Rebourne07 said:

You are yeah, but to earn badges you gotta let me know which badges your current completed games qualify for. It'd take me a lot of time to evaluate badges for every list myself so its up to each player to report their own badges :) Let me know which ones your list qualifies for and I'll add them to your name on the leaderboards.

ook got it thanks. i think i prefer to finish the list and then i'll list all the badges i think i'm eligible for, so you can check and confirm.

BTW...I was checking the rating of the resident evil saga and i found this (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/113186-trophy-difficulty-rating/), could you confirm i can use it for my 10/10 in a second list? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gambrosin said:

ook got it thanks. i think i prefer to finish the list and then i'll list all the badges i think i'm eligible for, so you can check and confirm.

BTW...I was checking the rating of the resident evil saga and i found this (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/113186-trophy-difficulty-rating/), could you confirm i can use it for my 10/10 in a second list? 

Good find! I'd never seen that as a 10/10. Yes you can use it :)