[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I have to inform you that you have failed that task. I looked at Drawngeon in the current sale and thought about buying it. Not quite sure about it though.

It's OK. It's short and fairly easy, but not so easy that you feel cheated. You could do a lot worse for less than a dollar.

25 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Finished Gensou SkyDrift for my white game! At least I think it counts for white? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

fH4cYdC.png

Works for white… could be better in light blue, but if you have one in mind for that, I wouldn’t bump on white for it ?

• Like 1

I'm likely to play Paraiso Island next weekend, since I don't want to play P3P on a different system, to avoid running into a glitched trophy (still, I don't understand exactly why trophies are glitchinf for some people on it).

The game image in question is this:

Lc64179.png

So, where does it fit? This image is such a colour mess that I can't pinpoint the "main colour" of it.. I'm leaning towards Green, but not totally sure.

Also, the game is supposed to not be that good, but it should be a fast F2P 100%, and I need to play a F2P for BingoBonanza2023.. so, it fits the bill.. (the other F2P games that I thought about were Cuties Hacked and Caravan Stories, but both have a much higher average completion and worse trophy images..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm likely to play Paraiso Island next weekend, since I don't want to play P3P on a different system, to avoid running into a glitched trophy (still, I don't understand exactly why trophies are glitchinf for some people on it).

Lc64179.png

So, where does it fit? This image is such a colour mess that I can't pinpoint the "main colour" of it.. I'm leaning towards Green, but not totally sure.

Also, the game is supposed to not be that good, but it should be a fast F2P 100%, and I need to play a F2P for BingoBonanza2023.. so, it fits the bill.. (the other F2P games that I thought about were Cuties Hacked and Caravan Stories, but both have a much higher average completion and worse trophy images..).

I'd say you could probably get away with light blue or green. Possibly even tan. Although, the fact that it's arguable for so many colours means it's probably not an ideal one for any colour really. 

Green probably best?

Edited by Finch_III

Speaking of tricky colours, I've had Lamentum in my backlog for about a year, and this is the image: 

YByC3yl.png

Now, I would typically consider that 'tan'. But the shade of tan for this challenge is very light – almost mustardy. So is this better for brown? Or neither, perhaps? I can probably find better for both, tbh. It triggers me a little when the colours are off-shade haha. 

43 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Lc64179.png

That's a tough one - and kinda leans towards the idea that not EVERY game has a dominant colour, and is therefore valid for the challenge...

...but push comes to shove, I think Green.

27 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Speaking of tricky colours, I've had Lamentum in my backlog for about a year, and this is the image: 

YByC3yl.png

Now, I would typically consider that 'tan'. But the shade of tan for this challenge is very light – almost mustardy. So is this better for brown? Or neither, perhaps? I can probably find better for both, tbh. It triggers me a little when the colours are off-shade haha. 

That one is borderline for both Tan and Brown, and could work for either - really depends on if your other Brown or Tan game was lighter or darker than it, so see which spot fits it 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That one is borderline for both Tan and Brown, and could work for either - really depends on if your other Brown or Tan game was lighter or darker than it, so see which spot fits it 

Aye, I figured as much. I might just use something else. I have a few others that are probably a better fit, and I can still clear Lamentum off my backlog. It's a very short game and fits with some other challenges I'm doing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, footballvillan56 said:

Is there anyway I can still sign up for this 

Yea, signups are year long.

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's a tough one - and kinda leans towards the idea that not EVERY game has a dominant colour, and is therefore valid for the challenge...

Maybe we need a rainbow slot for games like these ;)

One for Monotone and one for Rainbow...

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

I'd say you could probably get away with light blue or green. Possibly even tan. Although, the fact that it's arguable for so many colours means it's probably not an ideal one for any colour really. 

Green probably best?

55 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

...but push comes to shove, I think Green.

Ok, then I will mark it at least temporarily for Green when I complete it and replace if I get something more suitable (from my notes, my original idea was Lost Sphear for Green and Ni no Kuni 2 for Light Green).

6 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Please sign me up!

For now, this is my initial preview of the completed games, but it will most likely change anyways.

Added you - prelim list looks good - Light Green and Grey are a little borderline, but both acceptable - note though, each image should only cover one box, so Chicory is good for White, but not Purple!

21 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Please sign me up!

For now, this is my initial preview of the completed games, but it will most likely change anyways.

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Added you - prelim list looks good - Light Green and Grey are a little borderline, but both acceptable - note though, each image should only cover one box, so Chicory is good for White, but not Purple!

Besides, I believe the grey background in Indivisible trophy tile is not actually grey, but a transparent background. :hmm:

2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Besides, I believe the grey background in Indivisible trophy tile is not actually grey, but a transparent background. :hmm:

I saw that - and it is borderline... but I think with the silver medal, and the stars, Grey would be acceptable for that one

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Woops, completely forgot that Chicory was a duplicate one. I have a ton of purple candidates though, so no problem.

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I saw that - and it is borderline... but I think with the silver medal, and the stars, Grey would be acceptable for that one

Yes, that was my line of thought.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ said:

Is biomutant blue or green or brown or none? I had it for green because i needed green, but idk..

L2197ce.png

I haven't slotted this game for the exact same reason. Lol. Brown and light blue def work. Brown is probably the color I would choose, since that is what draws my eye first.

• Like 1

Have any of you thought about pixelating the images to find out dominant colors? There are tons of online pages that do that. just set pixels to be giant so you have only a few in the end. 

Like here: https://www2.lunapic.com/editor/ and crank pixels to the max 100

with pixelation you can clearly see that, for example, this one fits much more as a dark green/brown at the most, but blue is very limited here  Lc64179.png  imageedit-2-8976379819.png

No clue if that would be helpful for anyone lol, it's just my art focused ass immediately thought of pixelating it as aid

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:54 PM, Sylvanticore said:

My opinion only here, for your Tan I'm not really seeing how it could be that colour as it's mostly white and I'm guessing a dark red?. For your red other than the spot of blood I would say it would be better under orange or tan since that is more dominant colours and likewise with the orange one that looks like it would go more under Blue. Just my thoughts on it :)

I'd love for LiS to be white, but I also thought it was Tan. Made it a toss up for me between it and Plague Tale Requiem for tan.  Are you an official color judge? I'd be down for that to count as white.