Platinums losing their magic?

Mickzilla10

This is really a question for the guys who have managed to build up a pretty impressive list of platinums,

Now that ye have a lot of platinums, does each one you earn feel less...well...rewarding or special?

I only have 15 so far and I fell a lot of satisfaction from every one I earn...I wanted to know if people still feel that way when they have 100+ or so platinums?

On my other account i had 64 platinums and on this account i have 13 which is a total of 77 Platinum's 

and i would agree that you do get less satisfaction , but it also depends on which platinum it is 

if it's a game you really want to platinum then the magic stays but if you don't have fun doing so then it doesn't 

i still enjoy earning platinums , though i think the less you care about trophies 

the more fun you have earning them :) 

It depends on the game, I've only ever got any satisfaction from the few difficult ones which I thought I wouldn't be able to achieve. Even then it's more likely to be an individual trophy rather than the overall completion.

• Like 2

I used to get excited for every platinum but now that I have 112 it isn't as exciting. Some platinums Iget I just say another one done and move on. Lately I haven't even been to concerned with even trying for them. Just having fun and earning some trophies.

• Like 2

I don't have 100 plats yet, but I'm getting close. I don't get excited about each one any more. The games that give me a challenge are the ones that I'm most proud of and I find it's the sense of accomplishment from platting those types of games are what keep me going.

It's an on and off feeling for me. I guess it depends on the game. I felt great after getting the Devil May Cry 3 and Arkham City Platinum because they can be hard or challenging. But for something very grind heavy I feel glad to just get it over with.

I derive more satisfaction from lowering my number of unearned trophies and raising my completion percentage, since I had a few games that have sat incomplete for over a year. Although, my level of satisfaction from getting a platinum depends on how difficult it was to get it and how much I had to cooperate with other gamers if it was a multiplayer game.

Well, I don't think it's really ever been the platinum that has given me satisfaction.  I get just as much satisfaction out of a non-platinum game.  I think it's more the game than anything.  

I think I only have two games on my list that I did just to do: Chaotic and PoP Warrior Within.  Chaotic, I did for a friend.  Warrior Within, I did just to complete the series. 

Depends on the game itself, if it's an easy one then i don't get as much satisfaction, but if i was getting my ass kicked or was grinding something then yeah, i feel something. (<~ looks kinda dark, doesn't it?).

But again, it really depends on the game for me, LR was an easy plat but i felt really good getting all trophies and it was fun! Same with Beyond: Two Souls, blah blah blah. If i enjoyed the game then i definitely had a wonderful time trying to plat it. :)

I still play some of the games i plat'd, right now i'm trying to get all garbs in LR. :)

I was always a completionist when it comes to gaming, so my pleasure has more to do with doing everything in a game and experiencing it in its fullness. For me, plats or 100% are just a nice addition to something I've always used to do anyway. So I get more pleasure from the idea of doing everything a game than from the trophies themselves. For me, they are a welcome bonus :)