PS Rewired now has a custom server as well

Richtoon

12 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I feel like being combative towards users just asking a genuine question is a really bad way to behave considering you're a moderator.

You poked me, knowing I’m a moderator and have nothing to do with approving custom servers and you also already know what the requirements are, just to instigate a fight. When you get the exact answer to the question you’re asking, it’s not my fault you don’t like it. And my question was not sarcastic, it’s literal. 

17 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

As for your question, it is not my responsibility to manage which custom servers for games are allowed by sites rules, nor do I have any involvement in it. I assume it would be up to people such as yourself and the CRT to make some sort of effort to look into such things, discuss amongst yourselves, gauge what the community thinks and come to a conclusion from there.

Putting the onus on a random user who's essentially asking "is there a chance that this game someday may be allowed like other games have been" is completely ridiculous. Why don't you or someone else that works for the site or is involved in these matters find out by contacting the people running the custom servers to start off with? Maybe then with a little communication you could get the ball rolling and eventually this game will be allowed to played while remaining on the leaderboards as per the rules for site.

You assumption here is flawed. The Cheater Removers decide which custom servers are allowed after the community recommends one and it meets two minimum requirements: Open source and No CFW requirement. This much has been discussed over and over again. 

If members here want this place to accept custom servers that don’t meet those requirements, then those members need to collectively pressure the custom server owners to meet the requirements set forth. To say that it’s on the staff here only to communicate to them is pure entitlement. There’s way more people who claim to want trophies earned on those servers to be allowed here then there are staff, that’s going to be a way more effective argument for those devs than a Cheater Remover here asking them: “Can you post your code in a public repo?” “No.” “Okay.”

• Like 2

Why can't we have a democratic vote on it? If we as a community, vote to uphold the ban on custom servers, let it be done. If we vote to allow trophies on custom servers, let it be done. 

Right now, it's coming across as people at the top, with the power, blocking changes the community appears to be overwhelmingly in favour of. The vast majority of PS3 games are obtainable today - which means hackers can pop trophies on all of these games, with realistic time stamps and get away with it. The only games hackers can't do this on (unless the also take the step to create custom time stamps) are games that have unobtainable trophies. This means that legitimate players and trophy hunters - the majority of our community, is now deprived of playing revived games, under the auspices of leaderboard integrity. All this move does is protect a couple hundred trophies from being earned both legitimately and illegitimately. Blocking these custom servers is akin to using a fire extinguisher to try and save your enflamed kitchen, when the rest of your house is already on fire. 

• Like 2

Just my 2 cents:

What is the difference between someone using a hacker on Black Ops 2 to earn - still obtainable - trophies and between someone using a closed server. In both examples people can give trophies to others by cheating. People are questioned and/or flagged when their trophy timestamps are abnormal or if they have earned an unobtainable trophy. 'Smart hackers' can still cheat trophies one by one so people won't notice the abnormal timestamps if they want to. Hell, people can even change their timestamps to their own liking if they really want to.

At the end, obtaining trophies is all about having fun and feeling accomplished because you have completed a game. I would love to complete my profile legitimate with open or closed servers. If there are people abusing the system, let them. People already can cheat without getting catch if they want to. They only ban people where the cheating is super obvious, and that fact won't really change after allowing closed servers.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 4

On 4/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, ixcoh said:

Truly bizarre that trophy sites allow 1 second platinum autopops, but not trophies earned legitimately in most cases, because they were earned on a custom server. If you're gonna flag one, please flag the other. I'd rather have leaderboards that allowed custom servers, than autopops. Autopop is just governing body sanctioned cheating. Those who have autopop platinums should be asked to hide them if they wish to remain on the leaderboard. 

Although I don't like auto-pops - there are games that are online only, and your game account progress is server based thus the moment you log in using your game account to another PlayStation console, be that PS4 to PS5 or PS5 to PS4, the console you don't have the Trophies on for that game will auto-pop anything that game account has earned, which will then Sync a duplicate list to your PSN account; the caveat being you'll have multi-platform lists.

Destiny 2 for example, so statements like that are not practical and would be terrible moderation for any site...

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
12 hours ago, nicholasyc said:

I copied what the primary dns and secondary dns says to my primary and secondary dns but when I tried to connect online, it says there was a problem connecting to the servers. It's still down? Online servers didn't revived? Did I did something wrong?

Only custom. Causal and ranking not working 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Annie_Rexiya said:

I think flagging for custom servers is stupid and will make people not care about this site

I know many would disagree with that if you wanna enjoy mp in dead games create a dummy account so that your main doesn't get flagged. It's gotta be a fair playing field for trophies here and you missed your chance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3