PS Rewired now has a custom server as well

Richtoon

5 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Recently we had the unending Army of Two mask server soap opera, where things were rushed to be approved and caused disagreements. Something like that again should not be approved again so I doubt those other close sourced revived servers ever will.

Nah, to open another can of worms, this is what one of the CRT members said in a recent dispute regarding army of two:

Edit : I'll also mention it's my opinion that [redacted, but we all know who] should be reprimanded for retroactively "approving" tools for a friend of a friend, that didn't meet the requirements to be added, and doing so against the agreement of others. 

On one hand, you can say that it is good that these kind of behaviour is called out. A appreciate the transparency. 

On the other hand the fact that this can or happens within the CRT is baffling to me. Talk about trustworthy...

3 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Shovelware is already blamed for everything bad about the leaderboards and compared to the possible trophies done with custom servers these outweigh them by a ton.  Integrity of the leaderboards is already gone when I see how much of a witch hunt takes place when it's against shovelware.

Always need to mix in a sprinkle of shovelware to the discussion. :P

Bruh, the leaderboard integrity was already fucked since the introduction of shovelware. 

Now nobody, other then the top whales, care for it anymore. This discussion moreso goes about the negative stigma no leaderboard rank (being flagged) gives you.

And again, cheating is cheating 100%, however what is considered cheating in regards to custom server is a gray and I noticed more are in the field to allow it wether or not open source.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There was a time back in the PS3 days when having hidden trophies actually meant you owned easy Platinums like Terminator Salvation and Hannah Montana xD

Man how the times have changed. Games that had no Platinum on PS3 and were ''easy'' to 100% would for sure have a platinum nowadays. If Terminator Salvation came out today no one would shame plating it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimiboss98 said:

Didn't know having an H (Hidden trophies) on your profile carried a stigma.

I also have several hundred because I hide all games I didn't like and won't ever go back to. I never had any issues, so don't worry about it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vanqishd said:

I also have several hundred because I hide all games I didn't like and won't ever go back to. I never had any issues, so don't worry about it.

Exactly! Why do I have to look at 1-5% on a game I didn't even like when you can just hide it!.

On 25/12/2022 at 6:30 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Just wish someone could do this with Portal 2, as the coop challenges were really fun. 

This. So much this. That game is dear to me and it bothers me a lot to never being able to plat it.
Edit: I know nothing about coding, but Portal 2 was initially a cross-platform game, so for that reason I would imagine it's MP has great potential to be revived.

Edited by Antiristus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Antiristus said:

This. So much this. That game is dear to me and it bothers me a lot to never being able to plat it.
Edit: I know nothing about coding, but Portal 2 was initially a cross-platform game, so for that reason I would imagine it's MP has great potential to be revived.

Even more so with it being an early Valve game, so there should be some form of reverse engineering on the client anyhow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can see that a few people have recently earned the DLC online trophies and aren't banned? It's always bothered me not having 100% and if we're still having to earn them legit, not sure what the issue is? @daivrules @MMDE any update? I'm not gonna risk a ban.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

I can see that a few people have recently earned the DLC online trophies and aren't banned? It's always bothered me not having 100% and if we're still having to earn them legit, not sure what the issue is? @daivrules @MMDE any update? I'm not gonna risk a ban.

@MMDE @DaivRules Bump.

as for the people who got online trophies recently, i'll get @Squirlruler to flag them

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

16 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

@MMDE @DaivRules Bump.

as for the people who got online trophies recently, i'll get @Squirlruler to flag them

If it’s not on the approve list before they earned the trophies, they’ll get flagged. There’s not much to bump here. Things haven’t changed. 

2 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

@MMDE @DaivRules Bump.

Woah hang on this looks like I totally ratted them out here and I didn't mean to. Just watched a video from Mystic where he was testing the server out, came here to see if trophies were earned, saw they were and then came to this thread to see if it had been cleared. 

Apologies to anyone affected as it could be they didn't realise it wasn't allowed tbf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

Woah hang on this looks like I totally ratted them out here and I didn't mean to. Just watched a video from Mystic where he was testing the server out, came here to see if trophies were earned, saw they were and then came to this thread to see if it had been cleared. 

Apologies to anyone affected as it could be they didn't realise it wasn't allowed tbf

The leaderboard rules thread specifically calls out the allowed servers, probably could have saved you a post and them a couple hours of remaining on the leaderboard if you just checked there instead. 

does it even really matter in the long run? Who cares if your allowed on a leaderboard or removed for using a custom server at the end of the day whats to stop sony i dunno console banning everyone who played on this custom server as even if it's allowed by psnprofiles one day it's still against sonys terms of service.

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The leaderboard rules thread specifically calls out the allowed servers, probably could have saved you a post and them a couple hours of remaining on the leaderboard if you just checked there instead. 

Apologies for not immediately knowing every corner of the forum.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

Apologies for not immediately knowing every corner of the forum.

I mean the first reply to the original post in this thread is a link of exactly where to look, but if you think that’s knowing every corner of the forum for a topic you seemed interested in, I guess I’ll accept the equivocation. 

• Like 2

Just now, DaivRules said:

I mean the first reply to the original post in this thread is a link of exactly where to look, but if you think that’s knowing every corner of the forum for a topic you seemed interested in, I guess I’ll accept the equivocation. 

I came to the latest replies straight away. A bit hasty on my part perhaps. I don't want an argument ✌️ Just felt your reply was a little harsh.

Hopefully these servers can be endorsed by Sony and those that need to can make it to 100% ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

does it even really matter in the long run? Who cares if your allowed on a leaderboard or removed for using a custom server at the end of the day whats to stop sony i dunno console banning everyone who played on this custom server as even if it's allowed by psnprofiles one day it's still against sonys terms of service.

Just because you don’t care about something doesn’t mean everyone else should feel the same way. For some people it does matter. Obviously they care or they wouldn’t have put in any effort to even post on a forum about it. 

The same question goes back to you, really. Does convincing others that you don’t care so they shouldn’t care matter in the long run? Because if that’s the case, whole lot of things people do should just immediately stop, including posting in game forums on the internet, and playing games in general. 

People can continue to discuss wanting this server approved, but until an update meets the requirements of being approved, it’s not going to. An no amount of telling people their concerns don’t matter should make them stop conversing. Certainly not someone posting who doesn’t care one way or another and added nothing to the topic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Just because you don’t care about something doesn’t mean everyone else should feel the same way. For some people it does matter. Obviously they care or they wouldn’t have put in any effort to even post on a forum about it. 

The same question goes back to you, really. Does convincing others that you don’t care so they shouldn’t care matter in the long run? Because if that’s the case, whole lot of things people do should just immediately stop, including posting in game forums on the internet, and playing games in general. 

People can continue to discuss wanting this server approved, but until an update meets the requirements of being approved, it’s not going to. An no amount of telling people their concerns don’t matter should make them stop conversing. Certainly not someone posting who doesn’t care one way or another and added nothing to the topic. 

Much like yourself who added nothing to the topic by quoting me your right in I don't care about leaderboards because there's always someone better. Like you said these custom servers will never be approved unless you get access to the open source data which will never happen. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Whats the reason for these ones not being allowed then?