Sony annouces Accessibility focused controller "Project Leonardo"

Breakingthegreen

2 minutes ago, Dry said:

Assuming battery life isn't trivial and the sticks don't drift, I see this as a win for all who can benefit greatly from use of this controller.

They've already gone on record to say the new controller will have less battery life than the standard ps5 controller which is already abysmal.  This won't have a great battery life too guaranteed. 

Edited by MrShovelware
  • Like 1

Just now, MrShovelware said:

They've already gone on record to say the new controller will have less battery life than the standard ps5 controller which is already abysmal. 

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the DualSense Pro controller. Project Leonardo is something else.

6 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

Interesting. And it will only cost 399.99$, right?

I personally estimate this will be about $100-120, keeping it competitive with the Xbox adaptive controller price, while taking advantage of the PS5's capabilities and functions. Additionally, I would love it if Sony donated a percentage of the profits to charities such as The AbleGamers Charity or ExtraLife. I think that would be a wonderful idea. 

Edited by StygianWolf4

3 minutes ago, vanslayder said:

Interesting. And it will only cost 399.99$, right?

I will be able at last to grind boring parts of one game with feet while playing another with regular controller in hands. Cool

Don't you worry mate, Australian taxpayers Centrelink and/or NDIS will finantially support the product should you be legally eligible for dole.

Spoiler

Also assuming the location included on your forum profile is true. Otherwise you can ignore my quote/reply entirely.

Given the "accessible" pricing of a regular controller, I can only fear for the price of this thing. It's always amusing when corporations try to act like they care and then slap a premium on the "accessible" items. Given how much PS makes and the greed of wanting $10 more on top of every game, they should be willing to sell these things for $20 and eat the losses (if any). But something tells me they won't be cheap.

• Like 2

This is really good but at the same time i have to ask... what took so long?

Better late than never but yeah, getting more ways to play a game readily available to the user is wonderful. Wonder the cost though. If a controller is 80-100, this should be similar or maybe a bit more. BUT it should have a benefit of a lifetime warranty. Instead of standard 1yr. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, MrShovelware said:

lets hope they focus on making a good elite controller next.

dualsense edge was an abomination. 

In what way? It lacked features to XBox’s equivalent Elite Series 2 but side by side with my SCUF Reflex Pro it has more features I value. Adjustable triggers without giving up Adaptive Triggers is great, the 2 customizable rear buttons with in-console remapping and programming is smooth, and the replaceable thumbstick modules is a decent bandaid patch before more companies embrace Hall effect.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 11:41 AM, altStrafe said:

In what way? It lacked features to XBox’s equivalent Elite Series 2 but side by side with my SCUF Reflex Pro it has more features I value. Adjustable triggers without giving up Adaptive Triggers is great, the 2 customizable rear buttons with in-console remapping and programming is smooth, and the replaceable thumbstick modules is a decent bandaid patch before more companies embrace Hall effect.

Stick drift. That shitty overpriced 200 dollar controller still has the stick drift issue, because dear sony can't stop using the same parts lego is using for their stuff. The gen 5 controller are just bad.

Edited by Laxus-0