PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

1 hour ago, ZodiacWolve said:

Is it feasible to add the save state/rewind features and PS5 versions of PS2 classics e.g. Siren, Ape Escape 2 etc on the service? @jeffXfree 

Feasible yes, but it’d require a whole new emulator. They could be working on that, but we won’t know unless they tell us. 

• Like 2

Thanks for taking the time to make the thread, it's really useful for those who are more into premium than myself.

I only had problems with Toy Story 3 last year; the audio used to crash constantly, and the loading menus were laggy 90% of the time. I assume it was a problem with the PSP emulation because every other game was fine, but maybe the team can improve this. Another solution could be replacing it for the PS2 version which is the same, although it would take months.

I also noticed that the mini-games are behind a paywall which doesn't exist? I don't remember if these were only available on the PSP store and now are impossible to access from emulators, but that's probably the problem there.

Edited by Jeanoltt

One thing thats bugging me about these recent addition of trophies to previously trophyless games. When a developer requests you add trophies to a previously trophyless game, did some games take longer because of things like the amount of content or how buggy the game is or does what day a game getting trophies later on have more to with what time a developer or publisher requests it then the actual amount of content a game has as new heroes allowed got trophies only 3 days after super stardust possible so it couldn't have been very long timeframe between each other before each requested to get approved for trophies as the former is a dungeon building sim with tons of content while the later is a twin stick shooter thats only an hour long. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cosmicanomaly said:

Just to confirm, I bought Syphon Filter 3 for the PS3 back when, when it was released last week I bought it for the PS4.  Should I have had to pay for it?  Just wondering as the price was not going to break the bank anyways.

Yes, you should have received a free upgrade from your PS3 version. The free upgrade wasn't made available in some regions until a couple of days after the release.

23 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

One thing thats bugging me about these recent addition of trophies to previously trophyless games. When a developer requests you add trophies to a previously trophyless game, did some games take longer because of things like the amount of content or how buggy the game is or does what day a game getting trophies later on have more to with what time a developer or publisher requests it then the actual amount of content a game has as new heroes allowed got trophies only 3 days after super stardust possible so it couldn't have been very long timeframe between each other before each requested to get approved for trophies as the former is a dungeon building sim with tons of content while the later is a twin stick shooter thats only an hour long. 

While their patches were released quite close to each other it doesn't mean all the actual work was done in a similar short time frame. You have sites like orbispatches.com which index all of the updates released for PS4 games, and from the data that is contained within the update files you can see the Super Stardust trophy patch was created 1st December 2022 (released 24th January 2023) whereas the No Hereos Allowed patch was created 9th January 2023 (released 27th January) (so while you still can't tell from that exactly how much effort they required, it perhaps gives more of an insight that just going off the release dates).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Jumping Flash! Patch 1.03 deployed:

Added Trophy Support.
Added NTSC<>PAL Swap.
Added UI Language Support for Arabic.
Added UI Language Support for Ukrainian.
General Bug Fixes.

Another one with trophies!!! This is too good to be true! Idk if you are at liberty to say or not, but it'd be awesome to know if you guys have power to patch trophies into third party games as well or only Sony 1st party titles. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

I've beaten arcade mode multiple times on multiple difficulties, got all the other worlds trophies, and still can't get the first one to pop. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

8 minutes ago, DiBBz_94 said:

I've beaten arcade mode multiple times on multiple difficulties, got all the other worlds trophies, and still can't get the first one to pop. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

I saw on here if you change the text to English it will work fine? Not sure if your text is in English? 

19 hours ago, DiBBz_94 said:

I was having this issue as well so I backed up my save to ps plus and then deleted my saved data and started a new game and It popped for me after completing the level again. Hope it works for you too

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add an optional setting to disable PAL Frame Blending on the games that have it activated? I understand and appreciate why it was implemented, but it creates a ghosting effect and, in my opinion, makes the games look worse (for people who want to play the European/Localized versions).

Also, I'm sure you're aware of this, but Everybody's Golf and Wild Arms are two Sony First Party games that haven't yet received an NTSC<>PAL Swap option.

• Like 3

Thanks for the help, deleted save and changed language from English UK to English US and got the trophy first attempt 

On 05/02/2023 at 6:07 AM, N7Spartansw0rd said:

I was having this issue as well so I backed up my save to ps plus and then deleted my saved data and started a new game and It popped for me after completing the level again. Hope it works for you too

On 04/02/2023 at 10:17 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I saw on here if you change the text to English it will work fine? Not sure if your text is in English? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChecoMayor said:

Any words on trophies?? For those games?

wild arms 2 will definitely get them considering the first did, dragoon is a 50/50 but worst case scenario it will be one of those games patched later on like super stardust and jumping flash, harvest moon is the least likely but this is the first natsume game using these emulators so it possible they might be the first to push for trophies that isn't first party(technically square enix was the first to request trophies but Valkyrie profile was the only classic so far not to be offered on premium)

• Like 3