Adept Killer Trophies Buggy

In today's patch 6.5.0, adept was supposed to be changed from the merciless killer requirement to just 4 kills. I tried for Freddy's adept today and the trophy didn't pop (I had a merciless victory and 4 kills). A few other people have reported this not popping for people on other killers - Nemesis, Spirit, Trapper, Doctor etc. Probably not worth trying for these trophies at the moment until there's more information or a bugfix.

EDIT: these trophies don't appear to be completely bugged, but it does seem like it is hit or miss whether they unlock, so proceed with caution!

EDIT 2: As of patch on the 8th Feb, there is a partial fix for adepts, but they are still reportedly not unlocking in specific situations, and we don't know what these situations are. Many people have said that if you equip the perks alphabetically, the adept will work. 

Edited by Summers_day122

3 hours ago, Summers_day122 said:

In today's patch 6.5.0, adept was supposed to be changed from the merciless killer requirement to just 4 kills. I tried for Freddy's adept today and the trophy didn't pop (I had a merciless victory and 4 kills). A few other people have reported this not popping for people on other killers - Nemesis, Spirit, Trapper, Doctor etc. Probably not worth trying for these trophies at the moment until there's more information or a bugfix.

Weird oni adept popped for me.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Exactly which trophies are now unobtainble?

This is the main thread on the forums: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/362079/adept-achievements-bugged, although there are other posts on the forums and twitter. Seems to affect a wide range of killer adepts. Makes sense as this is an adept system change, rather than changes to specific killers

2 hours ago, GucciGarfield said:

I’m actually not sure now, because I just tried again for adept ghostface and it worked this time

11 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Weird oni adept popped for me.

6 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

They won't pop if someone disconnected it seems because I got a merciless with bubba after someone disconnected. 

But later I got adept mastermind with the 4 kills

Maybe they are not fully bugged then, but potentially buggy about whether they unlock or not? Still a bit risky to go for, but I guess if you like living life on the edge... ?

6 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

When it says kills does that mean hook accents or mori kills

I think it doesn't matter if it's a hook sacrifice or mori. Also, I believe that the game counts a disconnect as a "kill", so if that happens then you should still get the adept (at least when it's fixed!)

• Like 1

Here is my theory... The devs changed the requirements for Merciless Killer but they forgot to change that to the trophy, meaning you probably still need to do the previous requirements for the trophy... meaning I think it was all 4 emblems being at least gold... because my Oni adept trophy I killed all 4 but also I got 1 red and 3 gold emblems...

33 minutes ago, MAUSZX said:

Here is my theory... The devs changed the requirements for Merciless Killer but they forgot to change that to the trophy, meaning you probably still need to do the previous requirements for the trophy... meaning I think it was all 4 emblems being at least gold... because my Oni adept trophy I killed all 4 but also I got 1 red and 3 gold emblems...

I think you're right. I sacrificed all four survivors a number of times, but I didn't get two pips. When I got two pips in a match, I would obtain the particular Adept trophy.

23 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

23 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

I think you're right. I sacrificed all four survivors a number of times, but I didn't get two pips. When I got two pips in a match, I would obtain the particular Adept trophy.

When I was trying Freddy, I got 4 sacrifices and 2 pips (merciless killer), and it didn't pop. Some people now getting adept on some killers but not others... I think it's just a mess lmao

They are buggy yes, sometimes you get the trophy and sometimes you don't, like I managed to get the Oni adept but I didn't get the trophy with the Twins and the Nemesis. Why? I don't know maybe the previous requirements are still needed, meaning getting at least gold in every emblem, but maybe not... Is not completely bugged, but they are buggy.

New patch should've fixed some of the issues related to Adepts (hopefully):

Adept Achievements / Merciless Killer

We've applied a tentative fix that should resolve an issue surrounding Merciless Killer, wherein Killing 4 Survivors would not trigger it as intended. Your Tally Screen Results should now be displayed accurately. 

However, we are still working on a consistent fix to an issue surrounding the Adept Achievements for Killer and Survivor, which are still not unlocking correctly in select situations. 

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just did Nurse Adept twice, both times show up as Merciless with 4K, yet trophy did not pop. Even saved a video recording as proof.

Really unfortunate that it's making me play Nurse again when, in my experience, she has the highest rate of Survivors quitting - negating the trophy requirement entirely.