Trophy Thoughts?

TechyX9451

27 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

@VeldinX I wouldn't say never. They aren't actually altering the code on these. The trophies just sit on top of the game and use existing triggers. I feel all Sony would need to do is reach out for permission and they could easily add these to 3rd party games. The patches are coming in about every three days now, so I guess will have to wait and see if a 3rd party game pops up then will have our answer. 

Yeah, supposedly the patch for super stardust was created on December 1(released January 24) and no heroes allowed was made January 9(released January 27) and jumping flash January 10(released January 30) according to data from orbispatches.com so its likely all these patches were being worked on within the last 2 months and because of how long each game needed to be approved only 1 patch could be published every 3 days so yeah they seem to be coming in sequence as the next one will probably be locoroco midnight carnival, kingdom of paradise or echochrome(maybe echoshift will beat echocrome) so if a namco game like tekken 2 gets trophies id expect mr driller or ridge racer 2 to follow suit 3-6 days from then and it will probably be after the sony games are finished at the earliest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

@VeldinX I wouldn't say never. They aren't actually altering the code on these. The trophies just sit on top of the game and use existing triggers. I feel all Sony would need to do is reach out for permission and they could easily add these to 3rd party games. The patches are coming in about every three days now, so I guess will have to wait and see if a 3rd party game pops up then will have our answer. 

Yeah, I said it’s possible and that there’s already precedent as Sony created trophies for third-party games with the PS2 Classics. It just seemed like you were expecting Ridge Racer 2 to get a patch because it was published by Sony though. All I was saying is that’s not really the case so it’s not a given.

Hopefully third-party games do end up getting trophies. Toy Story 2 first though! ?

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It seems that while Sony was sort of slowly getting things started last year and ironing out the bugs, they seem to really be ramping things up now and starting to perfect this process! Exciting to see

Patching in trophies for 3 Classics in a week is pretty impressive

As great as getting trophies patched in for these classic games, what I want more than anything is a deluge of games being added to the Premium tier.

• Like 1

@jgm4789 Thats a good observation. Does that site only release the patch info after they come out? I guess if we see another one on the 2nd will know this is something we can probably expect every three days. 

@VeldinX Lol what is it with that Toy Story 2 game? I see it brought up all the time. Ive never actually played it myself.

Edited by CB7Tuner91

Is it possible that third-party partners are making their own ports with Sony's emulation system? That could explain why we haven't seen any of those games on Premium. Valkyrie Profile, the only game that makes use of the software apart from Tekken, has been released on it's own.

Edited by Jeanoltt

53 minutes ago, THX-1138-4EB said:

Resident Evil Director's Cut *Raises hand*

God that would be so excellent.

1 minute ago, Jeanoltt said:

Is it possible that third-party partners are making their own ports with Sony's emulation system? That could explain why we haven't seen any of those games on Premium. Valkyrie Profile, the only game that makes use of the software, apart from Tekken, has been released on it's own.

Yeah, the tool is available upon request.

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Legendary title. First 3D platform videogame of all time. Nothing more to say.

Actually, Alpha Waves was the first:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_Waves

https://ultimatehistoryvideogames.jimdofree.com/alpha-waves/

Edited by AlphaLiquid-X
Added an additional link

This is the third "Classic" thread I've commented in about trophies and boy, is it getting better and better by the day. If I see Echochrome and Echoshift getting trophies I'm shelling out the 16€ on the spot and platting them. Then it's only a matter of time until Locoroco Midnight Carnival (and hopefully Toy Story 2+Ridge Racer 2) get trophies.

Also, someone under a comment section on Push Square noticed these patches are coming every three days, so the next one should be on the 2nd of February.

Edited by Valtekken173

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I can't find anything online for it, but I'm having trouble with the bonus levels trophy. I know for a fact I've done every bonus level in the base six levels and the extra and it doesn't seem to pop, unless there's more than 12 bonus levels

Edited by Birdwrath713

14 hours ago, RT_THE_KING_05 said:

Another Classic game gets Trophy Support in an Update. Jumping Flash is now the third game to get Trophies after its original releases hopefully more games get the same treatment.

I'm OOTL, what are the other PS Classic to get patches recently?

15 hours ago, Duck_mann86 said:

Any tips on the trophy "Doom Rooms"? Its where you have to find the three hidden passages in World 2

EDIT: Nvm Found it. Still wondering about the Dark Robbit trophy tho, which part of the game is that in? 

My guess would be that the "doom rooms" are in the pyramid stage (2-2). I'm sure there's a video on Youtube that shows where they are. That's where I plan to check when I try for it.

The Dark Robbits can be found in World 6-2. 

26 minutes ago, Birdwrath713 said:

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I can't find anything online for it, but I'm having trouble with the bonus levels trophy. I know for a fact I've done every bonus level in the base six levels and the extra and it doesn't seem to pop, unless there's more than 12 bonus levels

Did you COMPLETE each of those bonus stages? From the desc, it's not enough simply to find and attempt each. Wish I could help with the total number...I'm not sure of that myself.

48 minutes ago, KenobiEagle said:

My guess would be that the "doom rooms" are in the pyramid stage (2-2). I'm sure there's a video on Youtube that shows where they are. That's where I plan to check when I try for it.

The Dark Robbits can be found in World 6-2. 

Did you COMPLETE each of those bonus stages? From the desc, it's not enough simply to find and attempt each. Wish I could help with the total number...I'm not sure of that myself.

Ah, I figured it just meant let them complete overall, will go back and make sure they're finished, thanks!

1 hour ago, JClink81 said:

Trophy help for a few Jumping Flash trophies:

"Bounce on the Baron" - This is the final boss in the game located in World 6 (Stage 3). This trophy is self explanatory. Simply do NOT use your special weapons. Your normal shooting weapon and jump attacks are the only attacks you can use. Defeat him using only those and the trophy will pop.

"No Balloon Was Safe" - There are 6 bonus stages in the game. Each one will be in stage 1 of whichever world you are in. You'll have to shoot or jump on balloons within the time limit. A good method is to always jump to the highest balloon and work your way down, that way you'll be able to see the balloons more easily. Using your special weapons help destroy multiple balloons at once, and of course, using the rewind feature helps as well.

"I'll Face Myself" - This is a boss fight in World 6 (Stage 2). The boss is a dark colored rabbit. You'll want to damage him until he hops out of the arena, then he'll send out some mini enemies. Jump on them 15 times for the trophy.

"Don't Rust!" - Located in World 1 (Stage 2) - Simply jump in one the pools of water. There are multiple ones in the level and it'll be blue water. Sit there for 5 seconds or so and the trophy will pop.

"Doom Rooms" - Located in World 2 (Stage 2) - Simply walk around and shoot the walls until you see flashing. Only the walls for the hidden rooms will flash. The wall will open after 5 seconds or so of shooting it. There are three in the level.

"Millionaire Hare" - This should come naturally from beating the game, especially if you beat all of the levels with decent times. Pretty much unmissable.

17 hours ago, Geninjo said:

I just want this game with trophies... PLEASE SONY!!!!

Tomba!_NTSC.png

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I had this as a kid and could never figure it out, but had a blast just traveling around. I really hope this gets released.

Considering it was previously on PS3, it probably has more of a shot that way than if it didn't.