No platinum?

lol, wowzers, I wonder if there being no platinum fitted Sony's rule of there not being a feasible amount of content for a platinum? Maybe Kojima aimed to not have a platinum because it's not the "big game" so to speak, lol who knows!  :dunno:

I thought sony had a rule that if it was a physical copy it would always have a platinum.

Sony has a rule that assign a specific amount of points depending on content, feature, skill.....

Said so, spare parts and hannah montana had a platinum and MGS:GV not... W-T-F.

Plat aside, I'll play 'cause i love this saga.

• Like 3

Its meant to be about an hour long - did you people really expect to get a platinum out of a game that short?

Please.

I thought sony had a rule that if it was a physical copy it would always have a platinum.

Lumines Electronic Symphony for the Vita is a physical copy game without a platinum (and Lumines takes approximately 20 hours to complete its trophy list - so about 10-20 times longer than Ground Zeros)

• Like 2

WTF!? 315 Points the X-Box Versions have 1000 Points ???

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes/achievements/

F*** Y** Konami

Konami don't care if you sy "Fuck You' to them, as long as you buy it.

If you have the strength of your convictions and feel strongly about the issue you know what to do (and I say this not to you specifically, but to this whole thread): Do what ill be doing - Don't buy it.

If you come on here moaning about thi stuff then still buy it, then you only have yourself to blame for the state of things.

• Like 2

@DrBloodmoney

I know,I kow but I've just got it now and am now a bit frustrated.

Your statutory consumer rights allow you to return it for a refund 'no questions asked' for up to 5 days, or, I believe 2 weeks if it was purchased online) - Dont settle for disaointment - far to many people complain about stuff, but dont take the necessary steps to follow through, so the stuff that annoys them just keeps happening over and over.

Voting with ones wallet is the ONLY way to force corporations to change. (Hence why I have never purchased a Metal Gear game after MGS1 - as I felt I had been swindled into thinking it would be a game, where it was in fact (in my opinion of course) just a long boring cutscene of two un-animated heads talking nonsense overa 'codec'

tbh i love metal gear and would play it anyway regardless as i have enjoyed the previous games.

Considering there isnt a platinum i wounder if the next one will have a trophy for playing this game and if you havent played it then it would be a case of completeing the next game twice like they have in mass effect.

Dont get me wrong i try to collect all tophies on games if possible however i buy games because i enjoyed the last one in the series or because i really wish to play the game.

Not trying to annoy the hardcore or avarage trophy collector but trophies arent everything, its about the enjoyment that you get out of the game i think imo

• Like 4

this is very disappointing. Its like Walking Dead season 2 it had the same thing happen where platinum trophy didn't exist

The Walking Dead season one didn't have a platinum at first either, neither did Back to the Future. Telltale games only get a platinum once all of the episodes in a season are out. Which is why I don't really care to play Season 2 until all the episodes are released.

It's kind of surprising that there's no platinum for Ground Zeroes, but not horribly surprising. It's supposed to be a sort of glimpse of what's going to be in the game. It's basically just a demo to hold everyone over until the full MGV comes out.

The Walking Dead season one didn't have a platinum at first either, neither did Back to the Future. Telltale games only get a platinum once all of the episodes in a season are out. Which is why I don't really care to play Season 2 until all the episodes are released.

Season one did have a platinum at the beginning, it had a full list to begin with just like The Wolf Among Us has now. Back to the Future only got a platinum much much later when the game got a physical release on disc, before that it was five seperate lists. The way Season 2 is being handled is episode one was used as a base list and the new episodes are being added as DLC lists.. As far as I know from other conversations on the subject there has never a case of a platinum being added to a list retroactively, so the only way Walking Dead Season 2 will get a platinum is if they make separate lists for the Disc or Vita versions. Your point still stands though you'll probably want to wait and see for one of those releases if you want to get a platinum out of it.

As for Ground Zeroes the list is definitely much smaller than I had hoped for but it doesn't bother me too much, trophies ain't everything and I really just wanna see the new mechanics of the series and find out if it's still worth playing to me, I just could never really get into Peace Walker so I'm still not totally sold on Phantom Pain..