ITS FINALLY HERE!! The Legend of Dragoon!!

kidson2004

14 hours ago, LewdLoliBewbs said:

I just bought it.

I can confirm if you buy it on the ps3 store now for $5.99, you will get the PS4 and PS5 version too. Buying on PS4/PS5 store cost $9.99.

yay-yes.gif

This post needs more attention. It works for US Trophyhunters. Everytime a classic release comes, check the PS3 Store if you can.

In EU Legend of Dragoon is nowhere to be found, just checked. And Wild Arms 2 was never released. Better luck next time.

23 hours ago, EriksBlue said:

I am happy but this trophy list is legit lame.
no trophies for beating the superboss? or even most of the optional bosses? nothing for maxing all additions or dragoons? nothing for getting all 50 Stardust?

It's because the casuals complain when a platinum actually requires any skill or time. So games are avoiding them. Heck most are too scared to add difficulty trophies now to a platinum. So they add them as dlc. It's sad to see what's become of the trophy system

On 21/02/2023 at 1:09 PM, Z1MZUM said:

I still own this game, I think it's like 9 discs or something.

Its 4 discs. No game was ever 9 discs

6 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

It's because the casuals complain when a platinum actually requires any skill or time. So games are avoiding them. Heck most are too scared to add difficulty trophies now to a platinum. So they add them as dlc. It's sad to see what's become of the trophy system

Thats only for playstation exclusives that dont get difficulty trophies in the base platinum but non exclusives can still have difficulty trophies in the base platinum if the developers choose to do so.

On 22/02/2023 at 5:31 AM, Kishnabe said:

I'll wait for the trophy guide, before attempting.

Nostalgia, it been more than 2 decades since I last played it. 

You will be waiting awhile, people are too lazy these days. Been waiting for a guide for Star Ocean 6 but still no guide and a bunch of people on this site has platinumed it unless they cheated. Probably did. Same thing happened when i was playing FFX/X2 HD. I platinumed FFX and FFX2 before a guide was even done for FFX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonic230584 said:

Thats only for playstation exclusives that dont get difficulty trophies in the base platinum but non exclusives can still have difficulty trophies in the base platinum if the developers choose to do so.

You will be waiting awhile, people are too lazy these days. Been waiting for a guide for Star Ocean 6 but still no guide and a bunch of people on this site has platinumed it unless they cheated. Probably did. Same thing happened when i was playing FFX/X2 HD. I platinumed FFX and FFX2 before a guide was even done for FFX.

Bro I own the game on the original Playstation and am aware of the disc count

I was so excited when I saw that The Legend of Dragoon was coming to Plus but the softlocking issues have made it kind of a let down. The trophy list is both what I expected and lacking some other things I expected. Hopefully a patch will come eventually. If not, I guess I'll play through the rest of my save file the hard way.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:42 AM, Swordsman121 said:

As a heads up everyone, you DON'T need premium to play this if you already bought it ages ago. I was curious cause I knew I bought it as well and, lo and behold, all I had to do was redownload it. Trophies there and all.

You can still buy it on PS3 or Vita for the lower price and get the PS4 and PS5 versions added.

10 minutes ago, Sonic230584 said:

Well then why say 'i still own the game, i think its like 9 disc or something.' If you are well aware of it being 4 discs?.

I don't think it was that good of a game at the time and can't see it being any different now. Couldn't be bothered swapping the disc back then.

On 2/23/2023 at 0:08 PM, Sonic230584 said:

That's a lie! "Heart Of China" on the Commodore was 9 "discs" ! lol

(As far as I can remember)

9 CDs though, yeah no game ever came on 9 CDs (to the best of my knowledge), like at that point, may as well just release the game on 2 DVDs, or make your game smaller.

Got my plat yesterday, so good. I'll replay it someday, and this time without the annoying softlocks from the beginning. The trophy list was kinda disappointing, but I went ahead and did all the sidequests anyway, pretending they would give trophies lul

IMHO it's quite weird that this game never got a sequel or a remake, it's amazing, with very original ideas like the Additions and a very compelling story with very compelling characters. I know my opinion will be very unpopular, but I love this more than any Final Fantasy.

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Got my plat yesterday, so good. I'll replay it someday, and this time without the annoying softlocks from the beginning. The trophy list was kinda disappointing, but I went ahead and did all the sidequests anyway, pretending they would give trophies lul

IMHO it's quite weird that this game never got a sequel or a remake, it's amazing, with very original ideas like the Additions and a very compelling story with very compelling characters. I know my opinion will be very unpopular, but I love this more than any Final Fantasy.

It's weird you mention Final Fantasy. I really enjoy the battles and the music. I always really liked the game. It's weird that the overall presentation of the game and gfx feels more like it was made in 1996 rather than 2000.

It's weird because as you play it, the game gently plagiarizes a lot of what made FF7 great. You've got a spikey haired hero, brown hair and red armour, instead of blonde hair and blue armour, you run around opening chests on pre rendered backdrops, and at one point, .erm... a main character of your party has to leave (we'll say it like that), and then you spent a ton of time chasing a silver haired swordsman around the map for a while across various locations that you just visited for the first time. Virage battles are basically just Jenova battles.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Which of the guides on gamefaqs to use? I like the layout on abbysonny better than the other recommended guide. But whichever guide has the better Stardust overview, I'll use.

I’ve been using Abbisonny’s guide and so far it’s good and it tells you the locations of the stardusts as you go through the game.

• Like 1