RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

1. I think that it is a fair idea that when calling out people, everyone should have at least 1 choice before the same person can be called out again. So, to make sure that most people could have a call out, once someone is called out, they cannot be called out again until everyone else has been called out once.

2. If you don't have a backlog on PSNP and have games in your library, provide a list of games that people can use to call out a game for you.

3. 9th Dawn III looks like an option to be added to the Most Wanted list, I will look to see how I can amend the Most Wanted List to fit them all in.

4. Interesting Idea, I will have a look and see what options that may be added in the future.

Based on what I have watched of gameplay, it looks like a Strategy RPG to me. So, yes it counts.

The new spreadsheet is up to date with everyone that has signed up so far and with everyone's Double and Triple games they have decided.

Call Out's can commence when most people have chosen their x2 and x3 games.

that have cleared my mind for the genre rpg sometimes there is a mix like dbz kakarot its a adventure rpg but its more rpg to me because with the skill tree i have already platinumed it but and those callout bonus that is a very good idea though

I'll enter this for another year. While I haven't made much progress in RPGs of late planning to start cutting down on server shutdowns after I finish up Deathverse. So I can work on them again, and hopefully also complete some more MMOs at the same time.

Especially since so many great RPGs coming been waiting on like Baldur's Gate 3.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:14 AM, acasser said:

Regarding Call-Outs?  Can there be some sort of mechanism put into place to level the playing field?  To ensure that one person doesn't get called out umpteen times while some other people don't get ignored?

This is just my opinion but while i understand this is completely optional, for the sake of level the playing field should we just remove Call-out bonus this year? Or maybe replace it with something else or just make 3x bonus game can be apply to 2 games as well like 2x. Last year and i think a year before it too ( i kinda forgot ) only a few ppl got the callout bonus ( including me ) while the rest didn't get it for various reason i assume.

Also i recommend either Monster Hunter World / MHW Iceborne or Both ( lol ) and Yakuza 3 for Most Wanted bonus. These two games need a lot effort to plat it and i think its deserve to be added as Most Wanted as well.

38 minutes ago, Laburnski said:

Also i recommend either Monster Hunter World / MHW Iceborne or Both ( lol ) and Yakuza 3 for Most Wanted bonus. These two games need a lot effort to plat it and i think its deserve to be added as Most Wanted as well.

Yakuza 3, not really it's under 100 hours plat time, 0 was longer and more annoying then this one, It is only hard if your skills and luck are poor, just saying :D

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

2. If you don't have a backlog on PSNP and have games in your library, provide a list of games that people can use to call out a game for you.

Then that's what I'll do.  Once the competition starts, whoever intends to call me out can just ping me for a list of my unstarted library and I'll provide it that way.

2 hours ago, Laburnski said:

This is just my opinion but while i understand this is completely optional, for the sake of level the playing field should we just remove Call-out bonus this year? Or maybe replace it with something else or just make 3x bonus game can be apply to 2 games as well like 2x. Last year and i think a year before it too ( i kinda forgot ) only a few ppl got the callout bonus ( including me ) while the rest didn't get it for various reason i assume.

I wouldn't object to its' removal.  But I don't have a particularly strong opinion about it.

The one thing I would object to is if people could use the call-out bonus in combination with other bonuses to get a really massive score.  I took advantage of this in the competition several years ago by getting somebody to call out my triple-points game; this at a time when the scoring rules were much more favorable to DLC and the game in question had two packets of DLC trophies.  Which enabled me to score something like 1600 points on a single game.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, SWWDevereux said:

Here are some games you might consider as Most Wanted:

White Knight Chronicles  - 600+ hours

SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions 150+ hours 9/10

Tales of Symphonia - 150 hours 7/10
Tales of Vesperia - 150 hours 7/10
Final Fantasy IX - 130 hours 9/10
Rune Factory 4 - 125 hours 4/10
Tears to Tiara II Heir of the Overlord - 120 hours 7/10

Some of those games aren't really that difficult.  And some of those games have a lot of platinum earners.  It'll make me sound like something of an elitist snob, but my standards for what should fit on a "Most Wanted" list ought to be high.  Really high.

Also, as a guide writer?  I don't buy into the difficulty ratings that a number of guides profess.  I believe there are certain things that get treated as "difficult" when they're really other stuff, like "tedious" and "time consuming".  So just because the guide on this website says something like 7/10 doesn't mean it's really a 7/10 game.

I've platted three of the games on this list, and I played a lot of Final Fantasy IX on earlier consoles (but not on PS4).  I'm not qualified to speak about FFIX and the platinum difficulty because I haven't had to do that trophy list.  But of the other three that I've played?  WKC would be fair, but it's also an MMORPG that's artifically difficult and time-consuming as a single-player experience (and wasn't really meant to be played that way).  I could consent to Tears to Tiara II; I don't know that it really meets my high standards but it is neither an easy title nor a quick one.

As for Tales of Symphonia?  It doesn't approach my standards.  And it already has a ton of platinum achievers with a steady stream of more players achieving it all the time, even if you just limit it to the PS3 version.

I want my "Most Wanted" games to be extremely time-consuming.  Or extremely difficult.  Or stuff that very few people have played and platted.  Preferably some combination of the three.

11 hours ago, acasser said:

Then that's what I'll do.  Once the competition starts, whoever intends to call me out can just ping me for a list of my unstarted library and I'll provide it that way.

I wouldn't object to its' removal.  But I don't have a particularly strong opinion about it.

The one thing I would object to is if people could use the call-out bonus in combination with other bonuses to get a really massive score.  I took advantage of this in the competition several years ago by getting somebody to call out my triple-points game; this at a time when the scoring rules were much more favorable to DLC and the game in question had two packets of DLC trophies.  Which enabled me to score something like 1600 points on a single game.

Some of those games aren't really that difficult.  And some of those games have a lot of platinum earners.  It'll make me sound like something of an elitist snob, but my standards for what should fit on a "Most Wanted" list ought to be high.  Really high.

Also, as a guide writer?  I don't buy into the difficulty ratings that a number of guides profess.  I believe there are certain things that get treated as "difficult" when they're really other stuff, like "tedious" and "time consuming".  So just because the guide on this website says something like 7/10 doesn't mean it's really a 7/10 game.

I've platted three of the games on this list, and I played a lot of Final Fantasy IX on earlier consoles (but not on PS4).  I'm not qualified to speak about FFIX and the platinum difficulty because I haven't had to do that trophy list.  But of the other three that I've played?  WKC would be fair, but it's also an MMORPG that's artifically difficult and time-consuming as a single-player experience (and wasn't really meant to be played that way).  I could consent to Tears to Tiara II; I don't know that it really meets my high standards but it is neither an easy title nor a quick one.

As for Tales of Symphonia?  It doesn't approach my standards.  And it already has a ton of platinum achievers with a steady stream of more players achieving it all the time, even if you just limit it to the PS3 version.

I want my "Most Wanted" games to be extremely time-consuming.  Or extremely difficult.  Or stuff that very few people have played and platted.  Preferably some combination of the three.

those are games i have never know about how are they do somebody know more about tales of symphonia and the other games that where mentioned i got alot of rpg games if i can get it down to at least 20 i believe i got around 50 rpg games i hope when the event begins that i can complete them 

15 hours ago, acasser said:

The one thing I would object to is if people could use the call-out bonus in combination with other bonuses to get a really massive score.

Simple fix: The mod could change the scoring rules in the foundation post to say "Callouts cannot be done on games that are declared to be Double Points, Triple Points, or are on the Most Wanted List. For example, I have Disgaea 4 on my backlog and you call it out. I would say you could not do so because Disgaea 4 is already 5x due to Most Wanted, choose another one."

23 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I have P3P and P4G downloaded, but that doesn't mean I'll finish them! xD

I'll see that and raise you a: "I declared them to be my double point games but I haven't even purchased them yet, let alone downloaded them!"  I'm just too lazy/cheap and therefore waiting for them to go on sale later in the year while I'm paying attention to them.

3 minutes ago, acasser said:

I'll see that and raise you a: "I declared them to be my double point games but I haven't even purchased them yet, let alone downloaded them!"  I'm just too lazy/cheap and therefore waiting for them to go on sale later in the year while I'm paying attention to them.

I see a beautiful, friendly race to the bottom bond forming ?

P4GFool.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I see a beautiful, friendly race to the bottom bond forming 1f60d.png

P4GFool.jpg

Oh you guys, you have NO IDEA how badly I'll beat you all. I am the Undisputed God of Procrastination. I mean, I ended up failing the Winter Backlog because I did not want to keep playing the last game on my list... World of Final Fantasy. :P

Of course, I intend to fix that situation ASAP, starting with Hogwarts Legacy in four days. ;)

Speaking of which, I edited my list to add another bad life choice: Final Fantasy XIV. So yeah, I have two Most Wanteds as I plan on starting up my new Lalafell Warrioress of Light soon as I get back. :D

On 3/15/2023 at 8:44 AM, Taruta13 said:

Games I have trophies in:

• Dragon Quest XI S: 87.46 points (5%, 4 bronze)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: 93.45 points (7%, 5 bronze)
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: 90.34 points (1%, 1 bronze)
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories: 96.32 points (5%, 5 bronze)
  • Disgaea 4 Complete+: 90.15 (x5)

Games I have bought but not started: (0%, 0 trophies)

• Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix: 92.58 points
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance: 91.22 points
  • Kingdom Hearts III: 82.08 points
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: 77.84 points
  • Persona 3 Portable: 92.85 points
  • Persona 4 Golden: 93.39 points (x3)
  • Rogue Galaxy: 94.42 points
  • Death end re;Quest: 82.65 points (x2)
  • Death end re;Quest 2: 74.84 points (x2)

Games I have not even bought yet but plan on buying (same as last category in deductions)

• Octopath Traveller II: 92.41 points
  • Wild ARMS 2: 92.27 points
  • Wild ARMS 3: 93.15 points

VERY BAD LIFE DECISIONS :P

• Final Fantasy XIV (PS5): 98.51 points