RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption

Hogwarts. Ni No Kuni. Hades. All three of these places are huge and have huge stories that will take me a long time to get through...

Therefore, paralyzed with indecision, I've created a straw poll to get the community's opinion on what game I should focus on first, even though I might know what the majority will choose. Still, give the other guys a fighting chance. Also, if you want to give me messages for ideas on how to do the other two, that'd be swell. ;)

This poll will be up until May 31st, so get your votes in now.

Strawpoll URL: https://strawpoll.com/polls/mpnboOGDbg5

Edited by Taruta13

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

What is this region thing btw?

Basically,

1) FFXIV doesnt exist in most of SEA region psn store ( Mine is Indonesia ) and for ppl to able to play it on console they need to link their psn account with their SE account on same region so i cant buy ffxiv from NA/EU/JP store and use it for my psn account cuz its different region.

2) When i started making account for SE, they doesnt cover my country thus i can't subscribe either for FFXIV

3) So in order for me to play this critically acclaimed mmorpg i have to make an account that its region covered by SE and buy the game from that region store, also subscibe using that region currency.

Btw i dont mind if not allowed using different account though, all good xD 

• Like 1

i did for the last time a online id change but now i assure that i am not going to change my online id ever again  and i can finally play on ps5 now so i can now play finally my ps5 games that i got a while ago demon souls etc so its good and no more disconections i can now play without wondering about my disconections that i got on ps4 and i like my online id  that i have now my last one was zalcarezio 

On 3/29/2023 at 1:07 PM, Laburnski said:

1) FFXIV doesnt exist in most of SEA region psn store ( Mine is Indonesia ) and for ppl to able to play it on console they need to link their psn account with their SE account on same region so i cant buy ffxiv from NA/EU/JP store and use it for my psn account cuz its different region.

Well, that sucks having to create a new account just for a foreign region because you play in a tiny island nation not covered by the Japanese store. :(

I'm sure the mods will let you use another account for FFXIV due to this oversight. The "no foreign accounts" thing is probably applying to stacks so you don't stack multiple regions of the same game. :)

Can I change my 3x game to Honkai Impact: Star Rail and replace my 2x game Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX with Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society?

While Star Rail first comes to PC & phones, it comes to PS4&PS5 later. One reason why the PS versions comes out later might be so miHoYo can give it a plat then Star Rail is as "Big" as Genshin was then the PS5 version came out. If I only go for the "story" and leave "Treasure Chest" & "Spiral Abyss" alone on the PC version of Star Rail while waiting for the PS5 version then only the "story" Trophies would auto-pop if Star Rail end up having the same type of Trophy list as Genshin.

The only games I would like not to be called out on is:

• The PS Vita version of P4G
  • The Plus/PS Vita version of Dusk & Arland trilogy
  • The PS3 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • The PS3 version of The Witch and the Hundred Knight
  • Any game wrongly listed as a RPG but is really a Adventure game, Hack and slash/Beat 'em up etc.

I’d like to sign up again this year if possible. I definitely slacked off last year and didn’t achieve many of my goals so hoping I can put in more of an effort this time around. Going to reuse some of my bonus games from last year as I only ended up completing one of them. 

Double Point Games:

The Princess Guide

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Triple Point Game:

Mugen Souls Z

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rental_barley93 said:

i want to finish my rpg s but does the ps3 also counts for this  event? ore is it only ps4 and ps5 because i have some ps3 rpg games

Doesn't matter of console unless sony does something, for this event since as long as its a RPG since some of us even have Vita games as our picks.

To all, everyone who has posted their Double and Triple points, thank you and the spreadsheet should be all up to date.

@ApriIis, @CokeEnnyday, @Lord_Bane999 and @serrated-banner9 I'm awaiting your 2x and 3x games.

From tomorrow, the competitions starts and competitors can be called out. If anyone has mentioned in the thread that they can be called out from their library ( @acasser, @blu3st4rdust305 and @Leon Castle I believe have said this but there may be more) DM them directly. When calling out someone, remember that each competitor has to be called out once, before they can receive a second nomination. 

I hope to see some reviews or tips for the game that you complete, recommendations for new games that I might enjoy are always welcome, as well as for everyone else. 

Here is an example of what the scoring calculator should look like:

Disgaea 6 Complete 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 19xB) = 55 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 116.59 x (multiplier e.g x5 Most Wanted) +25 (SS) +50 (NG) +50 (SR) = 707.95pts

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

To all, everyone who has posted their Double and Triple points, thank you and the spreadsheet should be all up to date.

@ApriIis, @CokeEnnyday, @Lord_Bane999 and @serrated-banner9 I'm awaiting your 2x and 3x games.

From tomorrow, the competitions starts and competitors can be called out. If anyone has mentioned in the thread that they can be called out from their library ( @acasser, @blu3st4rdust305 and @Leon Castle I believe have said this but there may be more) DM them directly. When calling out someone, remember that each competitor has to be called out once, before they can receive a second nomination. 

I hope to see some reviews or tips for the game that you complete, recommendations for new games that I might enjoy are always welcome, as well as for everyone else. 

Disgaea 6 Complete 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 23xB) = 59 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 120.59 x (multiplier e.g x5 Most Wanted) +25 (SS) +50 (NG) +50 (SR) = 727.95pts

oh right i forgot about them.

2x games:

Risk of Rain

The tenth line

3x game:

Clicker heroes

say if i have done anything wrong :) 

So I decided to close the strawpoll and found the following:

Disgaea 4 Complete+: 50% (2 votes)

Hogwarts Legacy and Ni No Kuni are tied at one vote a piece at 25%.

Looks like I'll be visiting the Netherworld tomorrow. xD

NOTE: I do intend to go into Hogwarts as well tomorrow, mainly to spawn the other house runs for those three Map Chamber trophies, but I'll do it between map grinds on D4C+, which I will be restarting to follow Green Z-Saber's video on Twitch.

Future plans:

1. Making FFXIV be my 200th platinum which it was denied in my last account.
  2. Making Hogwarts Legacy my 175th platinum.
  3. Getting Lord f'king Garmadon off my PS4(seriously, LEGO Ninjago The Movie Game is so f'ked up tech wise beca--- oh sorry, not an RPG <_<)
30 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

I'll try to give a summary of what I experienced. My personal friend, J.M., has played a lot of RPGs and really hyped Tales of Arise, The Witcher 3, Monster Hunter Rise and Hogwarts Legacy. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Disgaea 6 Complete 100 + (3xG, 9xS, 23xB) = 59 - 28.41 - 10 (14% completion before event (14xB)) = 120.59 x (multiplier e.g x5 Most Wanted) +25 (SS) +50 (NG) +50 (SR) = 727.95pts

now i know how it works  looking forward  to this event i dont know how i wil do of this event because there are gamers that are much better then me so i will see how i do with rpg games hopefully i can unlock platinum trophies ???

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I've got my review for 9th Dawn III all ready to go once I cash it in.  Plus the guide more than half-written in my mind; the game was such that my muse has awakened for the first time in nearly three years and insists that I write one.  (She's a bit of a nudge, she is.)  As to warn other people off from playing this title all the way to platinum.  (/rimshot)

I was hoping to have this game complete to 100%/Platinum by today.  I'm not sure it would have been possible short of my taking most of this week off from work, parking myself in front of my console, and playing it 24/7.  But the platinum is turning into even more of a grind than I was anticipating, and I was anticipating an awful lot.  Goes to show how poorly I estimate some of these platinum grinds; I recall having a similar issue in RPG Mania 2020 trying to get Touhou Gensou Wanderer Reloaded in underneath the deadline.

So I guess it will be cheap and unexpected points for me in the next week or so.  (I hope.)

8 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

oh right i forgot about them.

2x games:

Risk of Rain

The tenth line

3x game:

Clicker heroes

say if i have done anything wrong :) 

The Tenth Line is fine, I'm unsure about Risk of Rain as I believe there is no levelling or assigning of skills and plays more like Enter the Gungeon. Clicker Heroes will definitely need to be changed though, after spending weeks grinding this, I can unequivocally say there is very little in the way of actual gameplay, just time management.

7 hours ago, Xylobe said:

@Psy-Tychist Any word on what the first month's seasonal theme will be, or will we find that out tomorrow?

Tomorrow has come! Yes, the first theme we have relates to Easter, Spring and all the new growing that's happening. So the theme for April is Rebirth. Anything that involves resurrection, coming back from the dead or creating new life would qualify. Some pictoral evidence would be appreciated, if possible when claiming the Seasonal Bonus.

3 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Hi, am I still on time to sign up? If yes, then, let's go!

x2 games:

Nexomon: Extinction

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

x3 game:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

You are just in time! I will add you when I get to a computer. Welcome to our 31st competitor.

On 29/03/2023 at 7:07 PM, Laburnski said:

Basically,

2) When i started making account for SE, they doesnt cover my country thus i can't subscribe either for FFXIV

3) So in order for me to play this critically acclaimed mmorpg i have to make an account that its region covered by SE and buy the game from that region store, also subscibe using that region currency.

Btw i dont mind if not allowed using different account though, all good xD 

In this very rare instance, I will allow it on FFXIV only. Aren't you running out of RPG's to play now? ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Tomorrow has come! Yes, the first theme we have relates to Easter, Spring and all the new growing that's happening. So the theme for April is Rebirth. Anything that involves resurrection, coming back from the dead or creating new life would qualify. Some pictoral evidence would be appreciated, if possible when claiming the Seasonal Bonus.

Just to make it a little more clear, would something like using a phoenix down in FF count then or we looking for something like a trophy tied to it?

In this very rare instance, I will allow it on FFXIV only. Aren't you running out of RPG's to play now? ;)

If he ever ran out of RPGs then it would mean its a slow year :lol:

Edited by AlterArchuria

7 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

Just to make it a little more clear, would something like using a phoenix down in FF count then or we looking for something like a trophy tied to it?

Yes, something like that would work. Creative solutions are always fun.

Could we get a "Seasonal Bonus Game List" on the tracker? It would be neat to see what everybody picks for each theme, and it could be used to easily see which games have already been "Approved"

Anyway, finished Dredge and putting some points on the board.  It was a fantastic game and meshed fishing and horror pretty well.  Wish the "All sidequest" trophy had you actually complete all the sidequests, instead of a failure counting as a completion.  They did a good job with making each area feel unique, and I loved seeing all the "mutations" of the fish.

Dredge: 100 + (4xG, 7xS, 12xB) = 150 - 5.61 - 10 (25% when competition started 1s, 15b) = 134.39 + 50SR + 50NG = 234.39

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Yes, the first theme we have relates to Easter, Spring and all the new growing that's happening. So the theme for April is Rebirth. Anything that involves resurrection, coming back from the dead or creating new life would qualify. Some pictoral evidence would be appreciated, if possible when claiming the Seasonal Bonus.

Well, FFXIV has a lot of resurrection in it, but we'll see. It's Hatchingtide now.

Unfortunately, I'm having issues with Xenon Valkyrie+ on my Vita and I want LEGO Ninjago Movie to be platinum 155, so it'll be a while. :(

Edited by Taruta13