RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption

I'm torn on Final Fantasy 15, for 100% I need to jump through multiple hoops because of comrades on the other hand the pocket version of the game still counts as a stack for 15 and is much easier to 100% but currently it's on sale for 12 bucks and normally goes for 30 and I have no funds loaded into my wallet right now.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Oh you guys, you have NO IDEA how badly I'll beat you all. I am the Undisputed God of Procrastination. I mean, I ended up failing the Winter Backlog because I did not want to keep playing the last game on my list... World of Final Fantasy. :P

Of course, I intend to fix that situation ASAP, starting with Hogwarts Legacy in four days. ;)

Speaking of which, I edited my list to add another bad life choice: Final Fantasy XIV. So yeah, I have two Most Wanteds as I plan on starting up my new Lalafell Warrioress of Light soon as I get back. :D

Idk, you seem to be chugging along in the Kaleidescope challenge waaay faster than me.... I mean, so fast that  @DEI2EK@acasser, and @Psy-Tychist hasn't even joined it yet and I have 2 games done. Lmao.

45 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Idk, you seem to be chugging along in the Kaleidescope challenge waaay faster than me.... I mean, so fast that  @DEI2EK@acasser, and @Psy-Tychist hasn't even joined it yet and I have 2 games done. Lmao.

ONLY because I swapped out a lot of games for easy stuff like LEGO titles and three of the colors are two-hour Artifex Mundi games. I assure you, I probably won't get those last two games done as they are long-a$$ RPGs. Even then, I have been creating another card for the Rainbow Elite challenge and it has a lot more RPGs. :P

I don't have any RPGs on my tag un-completed but I've been buying RPGs for years and shelving them. Sorry for long post but here are all the ones I own which are in the backlog ordered roughly by length:

Guided Fate Paradox

Skyrim
Tales of Vesperia
The Lost Child
Cross Edge
FF IX

FF X / X-2
Rune Factory 4
Tears to Tiara II
Persona 3 Portable
Muramasa
Romancing SaGa 3
Dragon Fang Z
God Wars
Shin Megami Tensei 3
Ni No Kuni 2
Disgaea One 
Neo The World Ends With You

Resonance of Fate / End of Eternity
Code Vein
Tokyo Xanadu
Soul Hackers 2
Kowloon Highschool
3D Dot Game Heroes
Exist Archive
Curse of the Curry God
Nier
Oninaki
Ys IX
Ys Celceta
Monark
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Dragon Star Varnir
Witch and the Hundred Knights
Dark Rose Valkyrie
Criminal Girls
Lost Sphere
The Princess Guide
Shining Resonance
Star Ocean Remake
The Alliance Alive HD
Persona 5 strikers
Labyrinth of Refrain
Legend of Mana
Sword and Fairy 6
The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
FF Crystal Chronicles
FF VIII
FF Type-0
Time and Eternity
Trials of Mana
Crystar
The Caligula Effect 2
Monster Sanctuary
Aegis of Earth
Astria Ascending
Death End Re quest
One Step From Eden
Children of the Zodiark
Sword and Fairy 5
Ray Gigant
Bug Fables
Nights of Azure
Blue Reflection
Chrono Cross
Pier Solar
Cris Tales
Death End Request
Destiny Connect
Dusk Diver
Azur Lane
Nexomon
South Park Fractured
Adventurers of Mana
FF XV Pocket
Poison Control
Dark Cloud
Valthirian Ark
Evoland
Little Town Hero
Re: Zero
Anno Mutationem
Cat Quest

Edited by SWWDevereux
Typo

11 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

ONLY because I swapped out a lot of games for easy stuff like LEGO titles and three of the colors are two-hour Artifex Mundi games. I assure you, I probably won't get those last two games done as they are long-a$$ RPGs. Even then, I have been creating another card for the Rainbow Elite challenge and it has a lot more RPGs. :P

Good sir, I'm not trying to 1-up you or anything, but let me put it this way...

I have earned 3 trophies in March, and less than 50 trophies this year. :P

Though, I do think making a list of options would be helpful here:

Fallout new vegas (may finish before start)

Fallout 4

Rainbow Moon (lol)

Disgaea 4 Complete

Mary Skelter Finale

P3P

P4G

Tales of Arise 

Trails of Cold Steel 1

FF Type 0

FF IX

Ni No Kuni 2

Persona 5

Kingdom hearts (series)

Rogue Galaxy

Dark Cloud 2 (lol)

South Park: Stick of Truth PS4

Nier Replicant

Yakuza (series)

FF X-2

Persona 5 Strikers

Resonance of Fate

I'm sure I'm missing others. Current focus will be Fallout NV, but will probably go P3P and P4G after that. And will likely do Mary Skelter Finale after that. Rest of the list probably won't matter because that'll be the only thing I finish. Lol.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Added list
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Im going to race @Beyondthegrave07to last place

16 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

625-sunnies.gif

You're on... Challenge accepted!

14 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Oh you guys, you have NO IDEA how badly I'll beat you all. I am the Undisputed God of Procrastination. I mean, I ended up failing the Winter Backlog because I did not want to keep playing the last game on my list... World of Final Fantasy. :P

Of course, I intend to fix that situation ASAP, starting with Hogwarts Legacy in four days. ;)

Speaking of which, I edited my list to add another bad life choice: Final Fantasy XIV. So yeah, I have two Most Wanteds as I plan on starting up my new Lalafell Warrioress of Light soon as I get back. :D

guys, we all know i will finish last  because S comes after B, D and T. plus i don't finish games for some reason ;-;

I'll join again. Hopefully this time I won't forget about the topic halfway through.

for double and triple point games

2x

Legend of Dragoon

void tRrLM();++ //Void Terrarium++

3x

Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society

It was interesting having my double and triple point games being at the end of series in past versions but I was never going to finish all of those games in the series within the time period, so I'm making it much more manageable this time.

For callouts, you can check my trophy checklist topic in my signature which I keep mostly up to date

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

guys, we all know i will finish last  because S comes after B, D and T. plus i don't finish games for some reason ;-;

I just assume I’ll lose because I usually only have about 2-3 hours a day to game and I pick the longest rpgs like trails to play

• Like 1

i try my best for to complete my games but time will tell because  i have alot of rpg games i dont really know if i can do them all like persona 5 original that is 100+hours game i already did persona 5 royal  since i play 2hours until 4 hours each day i try for it even when it cost me a month to complete it  but time will tell 

20 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll see your "hasn't even joined it yet" and raise you a "has never bothered to click on the thread to open it, let alone read it or learn the rules or join it".  ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

welcome for the first time!

Thank you! I am going to be enjoying this! Of course, that's after I come back from Florida(will be leaving on a plane in two days), so I probably will be dead on the forums until the 24th as I won't have any Internet in the hotel, but I will be spending that time on Hogwarts Legacy and other games I have on my Vita and PS5 during those five days. ;)

My two point games: Octopath Traveler & Tokyo Xanadu ex+

My three point games: Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness

I struggled with Tokyo Xanadu a long time ago, so I might as well get double points for it. I think I'll do some "easy" games first just to get the ball rolling. 

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm curious what is an easy RPG...

The original Wild ARMs because of a dupe glitch that lets you dupe any item to 255 by underflow, so you can dupe all your stat-raising apples to 255 and just do this four times to max out all the characters' stats. Ragu Ragula only killed me with his super-attack and even then I had dupped 255 Goat Dolls to take the hit. :P

I'd also say the original Dark Cloud but that one trophy for stealing an item is annoying RNG because you need a special weapon to steal from enemies. But there's another glitch that creates a dummy item you can synth to your weapons to max their stats, allowing you to upgrade them immediately. You'd get the best weapons for everyone when you get them.

4 minutes ago, acasser said:

Kemco RPGs FTW!

Speaking of which, just downloaded Illusion of L'Phacia for the Vita, will be playing that on the plane trips to Orlando and back. ^_^

4 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

The original Wild ARMs because of a dupe glitch that lets you dupe any item to 255 by underflow, so you can dupe all your stat-raising apples to 255 and just do this four times to max out all the characters' stats. Ragu Ragula only killed me with his super-attack and even then I had dupped 255 Goat Dolls to take the hit. :P

I'd also say the original Dark Cloud but that one trophy for stealing an item is annoying RNG because you need a special weapon to steal from enemies. But there's another glitch that creates a dummy item you can synth to your weapons to max their stats, allowing you to upgrade them immediately. You'd get the best weapons for everyone when you get them.

Speaking of which, just downloaded Illusion of L'Phacia for the Vita, will be playing that on the plane trips to Orlando and back. ^_^

Dark Cloud's item theft trophy you can usually get by the second dungeon. Xaio gets a slingshot with that steal ability that can drop multiple times. However even with the glitch it takes awhile to get the end game weapons for everyone. You need to upgrade them multiple times and depending on if you buy the Wise Owl Sword or get a random drop in the first dungeon of a Gladius it's still going to be 6 times before you can upgrade to the Chronicle Sword. This also doesn't factor in Status Break which can further upgrade the glitched item's stats which needs to have a level 5 weapon to make a sphere. There's also the fishing trophy to get a Baron Garayan which is far more heavily RNG dependent than anything else in the whole game when it comes to trophies. Just using Toan and Ruby to get through dungeons makes everything quicker because Toan is needed to open everything and is the best melee character and Ruby just destroys everything with her ranged attacks. But the final dungeon will also throw you off if you never bothered upgrading your other characters because they each have a single floor dedicated to themselves during the last few levels before the final boss. It certainly takes some level of planning and searching around to make sure your party has enough water slots and health upgrades so they can survive the final area. It's worthwhile getting all village requests done even though if they don't reward a trophy just because of all the extra items and skills you get for each one.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

44 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Dark Cloud's item theft trophy you can usually get by the second dungeon. Xaio gets a slingshot with that steal ability that can drop multiple times. However even with the glitch it takes awhile to get the end game weapons for everyone. You need to upgrade them multiple times and depending on if you buy the Wise Owl Sword or get a random drop in the first dungeon of a Gladius it's still going to be 6 times before you can upgrade to the Chronicle Sword. This also doesn't factor in Status Break which can further upgrade the glitched item's stats which needs to have a level 5 weapon to make a sphere. There's also the fishing trophy to get a Baron Garayan which is far more heavily RNG dependent than anything else in the whole game when it comes to trophies. Just using Toan and Ruby to get through dungeons makes everything quicker because Toan is needed to open everything and is the best melee character and Ruby just destroys everything with her ranged attacks. But the final dungeon will also throw you off if you never bothered upgrading your other characters because they each have a single floor dedicated to themselves during the last few levels before the final boss. It certainly takes some level of planning and searching around to make sure your party has enough water slots and health upgrades so they can survive the final area. It's worthwhile getting all village requests done even though if they don't reward a trophy just because of all the extra items and skills you get for each one.

Yeah, I forgot about fishing the Baron Garayan, that was a chore. As I said before, I almost considered it but changed my mind. Wild ARMS, the original, doesn't have much of that luxury - the instant you get the three characters together, you can start underflowing consumables and basically be invincible. Lucky Cards to double all boss EXP gains, stat apples to get every to 999 in every stat, Goat Dolls to equip to block a one-shot attack. This glitch makes the game almost trivial and you only have to suffer through the prologue stories of these three characters. (Four if you count Hanpan. xD)