Anyone Ps3 Freezing After Patch 4.0?

SwT-CarbonzZ

Not in general, no, I have had no issues with freezing unless playing these two games:

Battlefield 3

SKYRIM

...all other games work fine, on or offline.

Exact same for me. I can play Gran Turismo or Modern Warfare for hours with not so much as a hiccup, but when I pop in Battlefield 3 or Skyrim I expect them to freeze. It's a shame really, I really enjoyed my time with Skyrim but I can't bring myself to play it anymore until they fix some of the glaring issues with the game.

Parker

• Like 1

No problem here ...

what ps3 model ?

how long did you have it ?

freezing as you described is usually a bad sign imhe.

My Ps3 is now 1 year old, i also have & Fat 60 Gb but d'ont play on that one now.

I also notice if i try to make a new account my ps3 also freeze the point where i accept the rules of sony.

Not really related to 4.0 but, I have had minor freezing issues for quite some time now. I can count on 1 system freeze for every 30 hours of gaming where the system becomes unresponsive from the controller. I usually just have to hit the Power button on the front of my slim. I have had 1-2 instances of a complete freeze where nothing was responsive and I had to kill the power source.

My PS3 is only about a year old so I find it fairly odd that this happens. It's a 160GB slim model and on an open air shelf.

If it freezes In-game, it's 99% of the time the game's fault.

The only issues I've had with freezing in the XMB was, one time I tried to compare trophies I got an error and the had to hold down the power button to get out. That was before 4.0 though to.

I usually just have to hit the Power button on the front of my slim. I have had 1-2 instances of a complete freeze where nothing was responsive and I had to kill the power source.

My PS3 is only about a year old so I find it fairly odd that this happens. It's a 160GB slim model and on an open air shelf.

That's the BT losing signal. My buddy's Slim does that from time to time too. The only known way to fix it is a restart.

• Like 1

I've had a few freezing issues with Skyrim, but I figured it was mostly the latest patch and not the PS3 firmware.

Only issue I've seen since the 4.0 is that some of my dynamic themes won't load properly making them basically useless. Not a big deal, but annoying since I did pay for a few of them.

That's the BT losing signal. My buddy's Slim does that from time to time too. The only known way to fix it is a restart.

Didn't realize that, thanks. I do have 2 BT devices hooked up at all times (plus the controller itself) so it probably is one of those devices. I'll try to disconnect the headset and keyboard to see if it changes for my next game. Should be interesting to see if it makes a difference. It may also be related to the controller wearing down I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...