RE4 Remake Speedrun Skips & Shortcuts Video Guides

wolker4

20 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Great thread, gonna use them on my subsequent playthroughs. Can the bell be shot using a pistol in the village? Or is it ng+ exclusive 

It might be possible If you hit a super lucky shot but I couldnt make it with a pistol. I have tried it out with the Blacktail, Punisher and Matilda pistol. Its probably better to do that area legit without the skip in NG and only use that skip in NG+.

1 hour ago, Gundam-J25 said:

You can blow the AA turret up in chapter 15 with a rocket launcher. Haven't tried lobbing grenades up there.

Nice one, added it to the main post. You can also use 3 heavy grenades to destroy the AA turret. I didnt try it out with normal grenades but I dont think those will work. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wolker4 said:

I made some videos showing skips & shortcuts that might be helpful for your speedruns and trophies / achievements. I would appreaciate If you could leave a like and a comment under my videos If it helped you out :) and If you find more then let me know in the comments...

Please update your post to meet the requirements for posting video guides:

I was expecting these to be glitches. It's really cool that these skips were actually intended by the devs, especially the dynamite, wrecking ball, and AA turret ones. Thanks for raising awareness because I'd definitely like to try these out on my next playthrough. ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolker4 said:

It might be possible If you hit a super lucky shot but I couldnt make it with a pistol. I have tried it out with the Blacktail, Punisher and Matilda pistol. Its probably better to do that area legit without the skip in NG and only use that skip in NG+.

Half an hour of trying with Red9 out of curiosity, didn't work either. 

Now I kinda wonder whether guns have some sort of a hidden range stat or it was just programmed to only work with scoped/rifle type weapons. Not that it changes the outcome. 

13 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Half an hour of trying with Red9 out of curiosity, didn't work either. 

Now I kinda wonder whether guns have some sort of a hidden range stat or it was just programmed to only work with scoped/rifle type weapons. Not that it changes the outcome. 

I'm going to do a NG+ Professional run later with the Infinite RL - be interested to see if it works with that.

Edited by BusyFace13

1 hour ago, diogoarez said:

A new bug was found where you can clip through locked doors with the rifle, this may actually help skip a ton of stuff. https://twitter.com/AdmiralBahroo/status/1640489314453684227?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1640538289911508993|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=

I would actually be careful with this trick, there's been reports of encounters later on in the game not loading properly because of this door skip. I think I've seen Distortion's save file get bugged out during the wrecking ball fight where enemies just didn't spawn and Ashley's wrecking ball kept doing nothing to the wall so it lasted forever. He did the door skip prior so that might have been why. Still it is a good trick that can definitely save a lot of headache on Pro NG. Just need to know which door skips can cause problems.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I would actually be careful with this trick, there's been reports of encounters later on in the game not loading properly because of this door skip. I think I've seen Distortion's save file get bugged out during the wrecking ball fight where enemies just didn't spawn and Ashley's wrecking ball kept doing nothing to the wall so it lasted forever. He did the door skip prior so that might have been why. Still it is a good trick that can definitely save a lot of headache on Pro NG. Just need to know which door skips can cause problems.

True, guess we have to wait for further testing

21 hours ago, diogoarez said:

A new bug was found where you can clip through locked doors with the rifle, this may actually help skip a ton of stuff. https://twitter.com/AdmiralBahroo/status/1640489314453684227?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1640538289911508993|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=

This door glitch seems to be a PC thing since you can not spin around that fast on console. I have tried it multiple times with maxed sensitivity settings but nope... its to slow.

4 hours ago, Ferdinand357 said:

some of these startegies are really great, i was dreading that gallery part.

another on i have found, if it is worth anything, if you shoot a rocket at the unarmored gigante in the furnace as soon as the fight starts, you can get both of them down instantly

I added it to the main post

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wolker4 said:

This door glitch seems to be a PC thing since you can not spin around that fast on console. I have tried it multiple times with maxed sensitivity settings but nope... its to slow.

I added it to the main post

Sad, but appreciate the answer, I'll be trying Pro NG S+ as my platinum pop but it will be so tough 

4 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Here’s another one. Can’t confirm myself but worth trying. 

I uploaded a skip for the full Mendez boss fight and it does work on any difficulty except Professional. Does the method you show work on Professional?