Your PS3 GOTY in each year of its life?

Woodsteel95

2007 - Folklore

Honorable mention - Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga, Overlord Raising Hell

2008 - Silent Hill Homecoming (not the best Silent Hill but a fun game)

2009 - Star War Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition

Honorable Mention - 3D Dot Game Heroes

2010 - Darksiders

Honorable Mention - Castlevania Lords of Shadows and Enslaved Odyssey to the West

2011 - Tales of Xillia

Honorable Mention - Dead Space 2

2012 - Darksiders 2

Honorable mention - Asura's Wrath, Damage Inc. Pacific Squadrons of WWII

2013 - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Honorable Mention - Castlevania Lords of Shadows Mirror of Fate, Deadly Premonition Director's Cut

2014 - Strider

Honorable Mention - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 & TMNT Danger of the Ooze

2015 - Transformers Devestation (got for the PS4 later)

Honorable Mention - Sword Art Online Lost Song

Edited by Void
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Void said:

2008 - Silent Hill Homecoming (not the best Silent Hill but a fun game)

I also really enjoyed Homecoming, I think its gameplay aged the best of the series. 2008 was full of bangers as you can see in my honorable mentions. Best year of PS3 third party games wise imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodsteel95 said:

I also really enjoyed Homecoming, I think its gameplay aged the best of the series. 2008 was full of bangers as you can see in my honorable mentions. Best year of PS3 third party games wise imo.

I originally passed on Dead Space because the demo was terrible, it was not until the release of part 2 that I actually played the original.

26 minutes ago, Void said:

I originally passed on Dead Space because the demo was terrible, it was not until the release of part 2 that I actually played the original.

It was the opposite for me actually, I was a fan of the original, when Part 2 came out I heard that 1. Isaac talks and 2. It's more action oriented. I thought this would be a huge detriment to its horror so I avoided it initially. It went on sale and then I played and beat it, and I can say it's definitely my favorite game of the trilogy. 

This list does not include remasters or collections, obviously. I only gave HMs when it was a close second. 

2006 - Resistance: Fall of Man

2007 - Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction 

HM: Uncharted 

2008 - Metal Gear Solid 4

HM: Tekken 6

2009 - Uncharted 2

HM: Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops

HM: Deadrising 2

2011 - Uncharted 3

2012 - Journey 

2013 - The Last of Us 

• Like 3

I don't have a whole list but I will say this. 

Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots is my favorite PS3 game. 

That is all ?

Edit: Metal Gear Online in 2008 was also fantastic. If you've played it, I love you ?

Edited by ollo99
  • Like 1

Ok here we go again! I didn't get one until 2011 was primarily a PC gamer until I got my PS3. 

2006: Motorstorm (rough year at launch for my tastes at least)

2007: Uncharted Drake's Fortune

2008: Battlefield Bad Company 

2009: Uncharted 2

2010: Heavy Rain

2011: Portal 2 or LA Noire

2012: Max Payne 3

2013: Beyond Two Souls

• Like 4

Lf4c14b.png

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Ld4844c.png

Honorable Mention: Dragon Age: Origins

L02a37f.png
Honourable Mention: Red Dead Redemption

La8ddd9.png
Honourable Mention: Portal 2/Dark Souls 

Lfdd582.png

Le3b641.png
Honourable Mention: BioShock Infinite 

Edited by blacklight-nero
  • Like 3

So, PS3 now? Awesome! Here goes:

2006. Oof... Need for Speed: Carbon

2007. The Orange Box

2008. Grand Theft Auto IV

2009. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Honorable mentions: Assassin's Creed II & Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2010. Red Dead Redemption

2011. Batman: Arkham City

2012. Far Cry 3

2013. The Last of Us

• Like 2

I played some of these games on Xbox 360, but they were also PS3 games so I guess they count. I got my PS3 in 2013 just because of The Last of Us but played many classics since then.

2006 - Guitar Hero II

2007 - Rock Band

2008 - Fallout 3

2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2010 - Fallout: New Vegas

2011 - Batman: Arkham City

2012 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown

2013 - The Last Of Us

Edited by Juzota
  • Like 2

2008 - Soul Calibur IV

(got my PS3 in November and SC4 was pretty much the only game that I've managed to play before the end of the year. Got MGS4 and DMC4 as well but never had time to get into any of those)

2009 - Resident Evil 5

(a steal from Street Fighter 4, just because the co-op was freaking amazing)

2010 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

(I'm actually torn between it, Super Street Fighter 4 and Sengoku BASARA 3 a.k.a. Samurai Heroes. Honestly, any of these three could be up there in my opinion)

2011 - Sengoku BASARA 3: Utage 

(series rushed back to Japan once Samurai Heroes flopped a year prior and I rushed right after it. That aside, Alice: Madness Returns was OK. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception I liked but some parts of it knocked it down a notch for me)

2012 - The Walking Dead

(definitely not Street Fighter x Tekken, RE6 or Operation Raccoon City... that's for sure. Fact of the matter is - Of Orcs and Men might've had a chance at a win but I discovered it late in 2016... Also had to disqualify a bunch of re-releases from Capcom from PS2 era)

2013 - Dragon's Crown

(all that I wanted that year! On the other hand, Guacamelee!, Duck Tales: Remastered and Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons were great, while The Last of Us was kinda good but wildly overrated)

2014 - Sengoku BASARA 4

(a soft reboot of the Sengoku period with new and old characters involved - lots of fun time went into this one. South Park: The Stick of Truth, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts: The Great War, The Wolf Among Us and Murdered: Soul Suspect - all get a shout-out)

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 2

My favorite console!

2006: Resistance: Fall of Man

2007: The Orange Box

2008: Dead Space

2009: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2010: Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

2011: Dead Space 2

2012: Far Cry 3

2013: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

2014: Far Cry 4

It was tough leaving out the Bioshock series, TLoU, F.E.A.R. series, Spec Ops: The Line, and a bunch more, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

• Like 3

2006: None

2007: None

2008: None

2009: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010

2010: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011

2011: Tekken Tag Tournament HD

2012: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

2013: DuckTales: Remastered

Honorable mention:

2014: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

• Like 1

2006 - None

2007 - Uncharted Drake’s Fortune

2008 - Soul Calibur IV/Burnout Paradise

2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2010 - Final Fantasy XIII

2011 - Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception

2012 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 

2013 - The Last of Us

• Like 1

2006: Resistance: Fall of Man
Xbox has Halo. PS got his own war with aliens, more dark, crude and gritty. Auger and Bullseye are probably one of the most unique weapons you can find in any FPS game.
2007: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
I still remember the shock when i left the prison at the beggining, saw a mountain in the distance and simply went there. Exploration rpg with fantastic music, great batlle system with many classes and specilizations to choose from.
2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Has rough start but when you reach Chapter 4 you are going to experience one of the biggest nostalgia trips of your life.
2009: Demon's Souls
The game that changed it all. One of the biggest breakthroughs in gaming history that produced countless imitators seeking From Software glory. 
2010: Red Dead Redemption
I'm a big fan of westerns since chilhood and this game is a dream come true. Probably my fav story made by Rockstar. 
2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Another fantastic year for gamers. Picked Adam Jensen's story because Deus Ex is still one of the best games with cyberpunk setting.
2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
One of the best tactical/strategy games ever with so many possibilities to upgrade your base/gear that your head will spin. The music was made by the guy responsible for Deus Ex and if you loved first, you are probably going to like this one too.
2013: The Last of Us
PS3's crowning achievement with heartbreaking postapocalyptic story and interesting multiplayer. 
2014: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
One of my favourite rhythm games. You won't find many games where main cast will sing a birthday song for you. Can listen to Luka Luka Night Fever till my dying days and won't get tired of it.

2015: Steins;Gate
And there we have it. My favourite PS3 game which was produced for X360 first. We wouldn't even know of this one of the best time travel stories in gaming if it weren't for anime adaptation. People loved Okarin and lab mems so much that the original game got localization after few years of it's first release. This visual novel is a life changer for me. It intruduced me to one of my fav genre and today i'd rather play a good vn/erogame with multiple character routes instead of playing linear rpg with countless hours of grinding and fetchquests. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

2015: Steins;Gate
And there we have it. My favourite PS3 game which was produced for X360 first. We wouldn't even know of this one of the best time travel stories in gaming if it weren't for anime adaptation. People loved Okarin and lab mems so much that the original game got localization after few years of it's first release. This visual novel is a life changer for me. It intruduced me to one of my fav genre and today i'd rather play a good vn/erogame with multiple character routes instead of playing linear rpg with countless hours of grinding and fetchquests. 

Word, I love this genre. This is the main reason why I got a PSVita, because it had Danganronpa, SciAdv games and Zero Escape on it. It pretty much became a VN machine for me once Sony stopped supporting it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I'm in the UK so the PS3 didn't release until 2007 for us.

2006/7 - Splinter Cell Double Agent

2008 - Fallout 3

2009 - Modern Warfare 2

2010 - Skate 3

2011 - Skyrim (obviously)

2012 - Dishonored (Far Cry 3 honourable mention)

2013 - The Last of Us

What the hey? A topic about the Worst PlayStation Console that actually engenders interest? Mmmmmmmmmmkay. To be nice, I'll forego any remasters.

2006: Ain't played any. Wow, good start, huh?

2007: Assassin's Creed

2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

2009: Batman: Arkham Asylum

2010: Red Dead Redemption

2011: Alice: Madness Returns

2012: Assassin's Creed III

2013: The Last of Us

2014: Alien Isolation

2015: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

It seems oddly fitting that its ignominious life cycle should end with one of the biggest disappointments of all time... I would have abstained from voting altogether did it not so vividly prove my point that the PS3 has one of the worst libraries of any console... a majority of them are multiplatform games stuck on the worst possible platform. And that comes in addition to being an unforgivable technical nightmare for which my comparatively tepid loathing is far outstripped by that of the poor hapless developers tasked to navigate its byzantine multitude of ill-advised design choices. 

Make sure you too are making a sacrifice of three-eyed nuclearly mutated fish every second Sunday, that the Gods of Remasters may continue their good work in dispatching this masterpiece of failure, obsolete from birth, to the Dustbin of History where it belongs.