Earning platinum before release date

You

7 hours ago, FFATMA said:

There's an easy solution to this that they could implement if anyone actually cared enough to do so.  Just have a certain worldwide time that the trophies all start unlocking from.  What I mean by this is that Mr. Reviewer gets their copy a week early.  They platinum the game in 3 days, 17 hours and each trophy gets a timestamp.  Then on launch day, the trophies actually open up and start from each person's start time.  So if Mr. Reviewer got trophy #1 at 12 minutes past the time they launched the game, they would be timestamped at 12 minutes past the worldwide launch time. Give it a week long time period where all trophies are synced to your time posted onto the worldwide time and then all trophies after that week are accurately timestamped.  Yeah, the people who want exact times and dates wouldn't be happy, but it could work.  But not enough people care that it would ever be done.  No big deal for most of the world. I'm happy if I make a top 50 leaderboard in a trophy or a plat, but I'm not upset if I don't!  

So, what you're saying is that those who played the game pre-launch and struggled through unlocking every trophy with no hints, no guides, and the inability to actually talk to people about the games they're playing, are adjusted so that those who simply buy a game then follow a guide, which was created by someone who played the game pre-launch, can grab the trophies much faster using their hard work and rank higher on the 'first achievers' list?

For one, something like that would require more work than this site has had in the last ten years, it's also a bit of a silly idea as most guide writers are also trophy hunters, so you'd see fewer and fewer people willing to create the guides which a lot of people on here 'beg' for before they even consider purchasing a game.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

So, what you're saying is that those who played the game pre-launch and struggled through unlocking every trophy with no hints, no guides, and the inability to actually talk to people about the games they're playing, are adjusted so that those who simply buy a game then follow a guide, which was created by someone who played the game pre-launch, can grab the trophies much faster using their hard work and rank higher on the 'first achievers' list?

For one, something like that would require more work than this site has had in the last ten years, it's also a bit of a silly idea as most guide writers are also trophy hunters, so you'd see fewer and fewer people willing to create the guides which a lot of people on here 'beg' for before they even consider purchasing a game.

lol. Your argument falls completely flat on the obvious elephant in the room, that 99.9% of people don't have access to the game you're playing.

I'd argue the complete opposite to your statement would go something like this

"So, what you're saying is that those who played the game pre-launch and struggled through unlocking every trophy without help, but have had weeks if not months of a head start over almost anyone else in the planet. And now you're upset that despite the fact we're allowed to fill the top ranks of 'first achievers' list? before you've able been allowed to start"

Like I say, I don't even care about the 'first achievers' list. But for the few people who do, I'm rich and got the privilege, sucks to be poor like you. Try again next time kiddo.

I'm actually coming around to the idea that Sikutai suggested. People should probably have a R next to their profiles, which allows people to know that you are are a reviewer/tester / someone who gets games by irregular means.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Like I say, I don't even care about the 'first achievers' list. But for the few people who do, I'm rich and got the privilege, sucks to be poor like you. Try again next time kiddo.

You clearly do - you're the one who started this thread...

It's very, very rare to get games "weeks or months in advance" - the majority of review copies come in a week before launch - or less. It's great when we have two weeks, a month is unheard of unless it's a massive game and the publisher is kind enough to give us time (like big JRPGs). Also, where did money come into this? Why do "rich' people have the 'privilege' to play games early? 

I guess you want to omit those who buy the games off the shelf early, those in Australia who get their games unlocked earlier, all regions which launch a few hours before yours, those who have the available funds to buy a game on release day when you can't afford it for a few days, etc... What I'm getting here is you want a way to remove everyone above you in the 'first' leaderboard so that you are at the top. If that's the case, just pretend you're the first and throw an imaginary celebration for yourself :)

Seriously, it's not an achievement anyone cares about - even those getting it. 

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Still, it's no surprise that someone is trying to get the topic locked. That's probably why there's a ton of my reviewers in this thread.

I'd probably be defending myself too if I was in their shoes.

But Muh early access and earning trophies before anyone else privileges are under threat!!

Not one person in here is 'defending themselves' or claiming unlocking trophies (by practically testing they work for review/guide purposes) is a privilege - except you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

You clearly do - you're the one who started this thread...

I literally don't care about who is first, but I do love debating with people and seeing what their opinions and reactions are, it's great reading what other people have to say, also some of the salt has been funny to read.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I mean have fun sifting through all 18k first achievers to check if they are legit according to some arbitrary standards. 

Reviewers and guide-writers are very much welcomed and needed, no reason other than saltyness to exclude them from a list nobody cares of.

Imagine for example getting GTA VI a month earlier but you have to wait until release day so some special snowflake can compete for getting first, only to lose to someone who got the copy one day earlier anyways.

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I don't think this really matters that much though. Its a digital award.  First achievers is nice for about 2 minutes. Then nobody cares. Life goes on.

Why does every thread get derailed though?

There are only so many times the same thing can be said to the exact point of the OP. But I'll be honest, I think a lot of people in this thread do not know enaysoft and are getting walked in circles around the actual point of this thread. I mean, it devolving as it has was a little unexpected, but there was never a question of it going off the rails.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

There are only so many times the same thing can be said to the exact point of the OP. But I'll be honest, I think a lot of people in this thread do not know enaysoft and are getting walked in circles around the actual point of this thread. I mean, it devolving as it has was a little unexpected, but there was never a question of it going off the rails.

Enaysoft is a good dude. But yeah. Some responses here are just, dumb. 

I have my opinion but thats it, its my opinion. If Enaysoft and some others think there should be a fair chance to be the first 50, thats perfectly cool too. I just doubt how often some here would even potentially manage that.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 6:55 PM, ExHaseo said:

The best thing to do, is stop caring about other people. Being on or off of a leaderboard for a game isn't going to change the experience of playing it unless you let it. I like to see being on one of the leaderboards as a neat thing that happens sometimes, not a goal. So it's just kind of cool when it happens.

This is my mindset. Seems to help. Just do it for yourself. There's always gonna be someone with more free time or days off or snagging the game from another time zone. It's worth it for inner peace. Less desire.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 1:49 PM, Sikutai said:

The first achievers are always the most famous on this site, even more famous than the fastest achievers. The Formula 1, so to speak. For this reason, something should be done against the review cheaters, even if it's just a special badge.

The most famous people on the site are probably Ikemenzi, Hakoom, Mystic, and some other "influencers" if you can call it that way. 

No one that ever achieved a first achiever is that famous except for Powerpyx itself. Also fame is relative, and something most people don't care about.

About the topic, agree with Daiv and some other comments; I can't access first day games or even have the time to complete a FF in days, never was a person able to play a lot of consecutive hours without suffering headaches of back pain. Does that make it unfair? Nope, it's just life. 

I mean, it's not even confirmed to be the first; just the first one that earned it and is signed up in PSNP, a 5 millon out of a potential 100M!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

I mean, it's not even confirmed to be the first; just the first one that earned it and is signed up in PSNP, a 5 millon out of a potential 100M!

You're new here so you can't know. Anything that doesn't happen on psnprofiles doesn't exist. That's why the First Achievers here are really the first.

• Like 2

I'm amused most when people have a lengthy post, after reading no further than the topic title / a few posts in.

Keep it coming lads.

13 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

this topic is just the op crying about the fact that he doesn't get review copies, and it's unfair so those who get those should be banned, restricted, lol.

lol. Regardless of what I have said here. Have you even seen what games I have been playing the past 15 years? I'm into old games, and retro. And the 90s, I don't even have all that much time to play games being middle age and wouldn't have time to play a review copy even if you sent me one.

I think I bought only Elden Ring and Streets Of Rage 4, on launch this entire console generation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turniplord said:

You posted this earlier:  

Even though we grab trophies pre-launch, the majority of us don't care, we're either playing the game inside out, seeing everything the dev want's us to so we can talk about it in the review, or we've played the game, enjoyed it, so wanted to carry on playing - as we're also gamers... believe it or not. 

So now your argument to my proposal is that you do in fact care? You get to play the game earlier than everyone else, is that not benefit enough? I honestly don't care about losing out on top 50 to early access people, I was stating that I believe there's a simple solution.  I also mentioned that I understand that not even remotely enough people actually care about this to even start thinking about a solution, so again, no big deal. But you're kind of flip-flopping on this.  Do you care or not? Your statement about guide writers not being motivated to write more guides is laughable in my opinion. I seriously doubt that a single person willing to write a guide would be the type of person who would decide not to do it because they couldn't get the trophies first before anyone else! That's not why people write guides.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Earning a plat pre launch without collectibles guide without misables warnings is a exercise of patience they deserve being first achievers

Yeah your statement is correct, but only if everyone has a fair starting line. I still don't understand the logic why someone who can start a game early and has a clear advantage, is allowed to be included in the "leaderboards". We also have no idea if a review copy was a Day 0 version was actually easier than the release Day 1 versions, or trophies were earned with a yet fixed trophy glitch. "Oh the tester's said the game was too easy, so let's bump up the difficulty in v1.00". And then those trophies earned are questionable. Sure games might be broken or have missable or glitched, but the opposite might also be true.

Anyway, I go back to my original example. (Or a similar one)

Imagine if one athlete in the 100 metres sprint, on a brand new stadium got a 5 second head start above everyone else.  I'm pretty sure nobody would congratulate the athlete that got the 3 second start.

"Oh but that athlete was testing the track first to see if it was safe to run on".

If only games were released just like big movies released on theaters months ahead before the home version?

In this case, games are getting digital release worldwide with at least a month ahead before physical copy starts production. So there won't be anyone who can sell it earlier before digital released.

Edited by serpent_guy

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah your statement is correct, but only if everyone has a fair starting line. I still don't understand the logic why someone who can start a game early and has a clear advantage, is allowed to be included in the "leaderboards". We also have no idea if a review copy was a Day 0 version was actually easier than the release Day 1 versions, or trophies were earned with a yet fixed trophy glitch. "Oh the tester's said the game was too easy, so let's bump up the difficulty in v1.00". And then those trophies earned are questionable. Sure games might be broken or have missable or glitched, but the opposite might also be true.

Anyway, I go back to my original example. (Or a similar one)

Imagine if one athlete in the 100 metres sprint, on a brand new stadium got a 5 second head start above everyone else.  I'm pretty sure nobody would congratulate the athlete that got the 3 second start.

"Oh but that athlete was testing the track first to see if it was safe to run on".

This is a stupid example. 

Trophies are not a competition, no one cares who is first, except you, despite all you say. 

As for the glitched trophies, people use prepatched games everyday to get unobtainable trophies or to revert to some easy to unlock condition and it's 100% allowed, so that's another invalid argument. 

10 hours ago, FFATMA said:

You posted this earlier:  

So now your argument to my proposal is that you do in fact care? You get to play the game earlier than everyone else, is that not benefit enough? I honestly don't care about losing out on top 50 to early access people, I was stating that I believe there's a simple solution.  I also mentioned that I understand that not even remotely enough people actually care about this to even start thinking about a solution, so again, no big deal. But you're kind of flip-flopping on this.  Do you care or not? Your statement about guide writers not being motivated to write more guides is laughable in my opinion. I seriously doubt that a single person willing to write a guide would be the type of person who would decide not to do it because they couldn't get the trophies first before anyone else! That's not why people write guides.

Reading comprehension = 0

@turniplord not once said, that he cares to be a first achiever or anything else. He just stated that it just spoiled behaviour to want reviews and guides by launch, while also omitting those very same creators with the work and help they provide.

Reviewers and guide writers are for the most part gamers at heart - else they wouldn't be doing it. Only a few are editors first and gamers second.

It is also not a privilege, it is a job. Or do you think it is fun to pay attention to every single bit a game has to offer, take notes, cut and edit videos, write comprehensive directions, etc.

Your last sentence makes the least amount of sense. Of course those people don't care about being first for trophies, they only care for having a full guide out as close to the release as possible. It is just the nature that you get scratched from something by people that benefit from your work. 

Btw. why is this a topic in the Final Fantasy section? Isn't it something meant for feedback? Could it be moved, because it has nothing to do with the game.

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, I-Kami-I said:

Btw. why is this a topic in the Final Fantasy section?

Hmm, I wonder why... Oh, maybe it's because somebody'-

"Earning platinum before release date"

First post, first sentence

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hmm, I wonder why... Oh, maybe it's because somebody'-

"Earning platinum before release date"

First post, first sentence

As the guy above said. Much broader issue, or do you want it specifically for Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster?

• Like 1