Earning platinum before release date

You

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

We regularly ban people from this site or get them to hide trophies when they earn trophies after a server has shut (rightly or wrongly) but why do we allow the opposite to happen and allow people to earn trophies before a game has been released?

Comparing “earning” trophies after a server shutdown to publishers sending out review codes is…well…one of the stranger things I’ve seen around here.

Square Enix wants to get review copies out. It’s not cheating and it’s not unfair.

41 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I've expressed my opinion on this topic several times and I still think that members who get their games sent to them for free before the release and platinum them before the release should not be found in the leaderboard of the respective game.

Maybe you should also think about marking these members with a special symbol or something similar. Like reviewers or something so everyone knows they aren't real players.

Reviewers aren’t real players? I know some reviewers and they are definitely “real players.”

Edited by Needles
Typo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I've expressed my opinion on this topic several times and I still think that members who get their games sent to them for free before the release and platinum them before the release should not be found in the leaderboard of the respective game.

Maybe you should also think about marking these members with a special symbol or something similar. Like reviewers or something so everyone knows they aren't real players.

bro just admit your salty that you couldn't get first because a reviewer did boo hoo who cares these are just digital PNG's at the end of the day calling them "not real" is pretty harsh since I know many reviewers that are real players I mean there is no robot playing these games for review I'm sure

• Like 3

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I know this is happening quite recently, this game too. (Epecially with deliveries for certain people arriving faster than others on release date (for physical games))

I've never been a person to try and be the first to get platinum on this site.

But when I see people getting review copies and earning trophies or getting platinum weeks before release.

Just seems a bit unfair, has been happening a lot recently with various new games. Resident Evil 4 remake was the same.

At the very least, I do feel a bit sorry for people who (in this case) maybe for someone out there, Final Fantasy 1 is their most favourite game of all time and they wanted to be first on this site with a platinum, but they don't have a fair chance in doing so since certain people can finish before you even start.

Another nail in the coffin to why trophy hunting is furthermore a bit of a joke these days. I kinda feel like trophies earned before release date shouldn't be synced / earning trophies should be disabled until a certain date and time.

Who cares lmao

It's not like there's a way to flex about it, and some regions gets digital releases faster anyways.

• Like 1

Some pretty strong opinions in this thread, especially despite the fact that I said myself second sentence, that I don't really care too much about this either. lol

Still, for people like Toxia, who posted here, I still think it's a bit unfair that if you want to book time off work and not bother sleeping to the apparent first in the world (at least for people syncing to this site).

That challenge might not be available to you anymore.

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I don't agree with a special symbol being a good idea. I'm all for all allowing this, even though I think it's unfair to other people, like the Toxia.

I'm more annoyed that other questional practices that are fine but NOT allowed here but then questional timestamps like this one are.

I'm also reminded of the RE4 remake 2.99 platinum thread, and this thread

that we're long past the point of knowing what is cheating / is fair play since all of us are cheaters. It all depends on how far your standard is before you have crossed your line.

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

www.powerpyx.com starting playing RE4 remake on Mar 7th, almost 3 weeks before the official release date of Mar 24th. Earning platinums for PS5 on 12th March and PS4 on 20th March.

We regularly ban people from this site or get them to hide trophies when they earn trophies after a server has shut (rightly or wrongly) but why do we allow the opposite to happen and allow people to earn trophies before a game has been released?

Fully agreed. Seconding the motion to ban @SnowNinjaRaccoon from the site immediately.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Fully agreed. Seconding the motion to ban @SnowNinjaRaccoon from the site immediately.

Second? lol

I said no such thing, this makes you the first.

Joking aside, powerpyx is well known around here. Turnip lord to a fair extent as well.

But let's say someone else on this forum who isn't well known, gets a platinum before release and for whatever reason doesn't sync their trophies straight away and waits a week or two (unlike powerpyx who was synced when the trophy list appears)

Are they going to be allowed to keep their platinum because "I got a review copy" or "The game got delivered to my house early"

Might be a loophole at some point, and a bit trickier to prove whether that's legit or not and an interesting potential dispute thread in the future, now that the "review copy" excuse is officially allowed, clever hacked timestamps might become a thing, even if only to appear in the top 10 or so without easily being seen.

Edited by enaysoft

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Curious what the full “fair” implementation would look like for everyone across the world who “wants to be the first.”

Postin' about the Platinum before the game comes out? That's a paddlin' 

Talkin' about things being fair? that's a paddlin'

Unlocking the platinum before the games release date? Oh you better believe that's a paddlin'

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, squaresoft4ever7 said:

Postin' about the Platinum before the game comes out? That's a paddlin' 

Talkin' about things being fair? that's a paddlin'

Unlocking the platinum before the games release date? Oh you better believe that's a paddlin'

Paddling as in a kayak?

I honestly don't pay much attention to first achievers, it's always been pretty meaningless. 

22 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I honestly don't pay much attention to first achievers, it's always been pretty meaningless. 

I agree, Nobody Cares and being the First or among the First is no achievement whatsoever imo. Its Something everyone can do Skill wise but Most people enjoy a Game the First time. Just means you have that much time and Rush through the Game. 

Some get the Games earlier, some have all the time in the world to Play Games and some dont for various reasons. Always been meaningless to be First from the very start.

Anyway on topic i wanted to Ask If the price for the individual Versions are Up in the US Store? Cant See them in the EU Store right now and am thinking about buying the collectors depending on how much Difference there is.

Edited by CoregBlue

5 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Another playtester for a website here..

And seriously, aside from ppl not knowing me at all, trophy testing is part of playtesting too.

You can not expect a powerpyx to have your guide ready day one without him actually earning the troohies and test the best way to do it or find out about bugs and warnung you about it or finding workarounds for bugs or hatder trophies.

Whats more important, you being No 1 on some leaderboard where nobody cares about your name anyway, or day one game info on bugs, workarounds and walkthroughs from a professional?

You’re right. Many people don’t even understand that due to reviewer, other player can actually enjoy a game with less bugged trophies or even game breaking glitches on release. And if there wasn’t be a trophy guide in the first days, a lot of people would also cry about that.

• Like 1

You could play devil's advocate or whatever and say all these people with early access 9 times out of 10 get a mostly broken game so I can imagine the fun in working through that without any

patches. If first achievers is the prize they get I say let them have it. I can imagine them having a lousy time so we don't have to. Give me a functioning game 6 months down the line so I can actually enjoy the game.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

You could play devil's advocate or whatever and say all these people with early access 9 times out of 10 get a mostly broken game so I can imagine the fun in working through that without any

patches. If first achievers is the prize they get I say let them have it. I can imagine them having a lousy time so we don't have to. Give me a functioning game 6 months down the line so I can actually enjoy the game.

Actually very true.

We can say no to a game, but that menas no content and on the long run less games for us in the future, and games can be a shitty bugfest, or they can just be absolutely no fun at all. Usually we give the game key to the person who is interested the most in the genre but the game still can be completely different from what expexted and it will feel more like work than any job you can imagine xD if we accept the key, there can be deadlines, we have to stop playing what we played at that moment to put our time into some bullshit (worst case), we have no guides, and no ppl to ask for help bc we are not allowed to talk about the game and still have to create content that is spotless, interesting, and on time.

Yeah but I dont complain, its a fact that I still love doing that overall. Finding little treasures in those indie games can be fantastic :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Give me a functioning game 6 months down the line so I can actually enjoy the game.

I'd be pretty worried if a game from 1987 that's likely been released more times than Skyrim over the decades, and porting a version which already existed on PC for a while, which is basically an emulator running a ROM was full of bugs.

Then again, I've just finished playing Legend Of Dragoon..... I rest my case. lol

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Mostly these games are fine, but yeah, it's a gamble if you can plat them. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart had game breaking glitches a week before release that I had to report. 

1 hour ago, fbdbh said:

Absolutely not true, I've been doing this with review copies since the dawn of time. Nothing new, nothing interesting.

In the Beginning, There Was Nothing!

Then the Lord Said, ‘Let There Be Review Copies for fbdbh.’

• Like 1