Summer 2023 Backlog Challenge

On 5/15/2023 at 8:16 AM, DaveB2204 said:

Hello all,

Count me in for the summer backlog challenge!! I joined the spring one late whilst already trying to finish off games that couldn't be included in the challenge (+50%) and never managed to get through my list. With this one, I have plenty of time to get through current games in time to focus on my backlog list over the summer. At least 3 of these games will be completed co-op with another summer backlog participant, we got this @Karlat984 1f4aa.png

Read Dead Redemption - 47%

Hogwarts Legacy - 2%

Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - 3%

Guardians of the Galaxy - 1%

Gotham Knights - 0%

Operation Tango - 0%

It Takes Two - 0%

Marvel Avengers - 0%

Powerwash Simulator - 0%

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 0%

I will update this post on the 31/05 in case any of the completion percentages increase before the start of the challenge. All will be within the rules of the competition though. Good luck everyone!!

On 5/15/2023 at 9:50 AM, Redblaziken8 said:

Hey, I'd like to sign up again 1f601.png.

Hopefully I can get these done, or most of them. 

1) Enslaved Odyssey to the West PS3 0%
2) Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 24%
3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered PS4 0%
4) The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition PS3 0%
5) Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition PS4 0%
6) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time PS3 0%

On 5/15/2023 at 11:07 AM, RAD-Cub said:

Hey all,

First time taking part in something like this, but I feel some accountability will do me good!

I won't go too crazy, so will stick to 5 games for now (There are some long-haulers in there.)

1.) Persona 5 - (0%)

2.) Shenmue 3 - (6%)

3.) Tales of Symphonia Remastered - (0%)

4.) Wild Arms - (0%)

5.) Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (11%)

On 5/15/2023 at 3:35 PM, gruffiiti said:

I was thinking of not joining for the summer event but since my backlog is consistently growing I need to keep slaying them games. I went through my backlog and made a list of games I plan to tackle this summer. Time will tell if I get them done or get sucked into Iceborne for the next 3 months instead. :blush: 

1. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 35%
  2. Assassin's Creed Origins - 22%
  3. Catch & Release - 14%
  4. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - 2%
  5. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 0%

13 hours ago, PowerSerge_93 said:

Absolutely in, I've been looking for the motivation to clean up my backlog.

Games are as follows:

1) WWE 2K Battlegrounds (PS4): 42%

2) Resident Evil: Village (PS4): 28%

3) Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4): 20%

4) Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5): 15%

5) Multiversus (PS4): 14%

6) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3): 6%

7) Astro's Playroom (PS5): 4%

8) Hades (PS5): 3%

9) Cyberpunk 2077 (PS5): 0%

10) The Greyhill Incident (PS5) 0% - Currently scheduled for 6/9/23 Release

Happy hunting everyone!

All added now. 

On 15/05/2023 at 1:23 AM, beerwego said:

Count me in again please .

I'm going for some shorter games to work on which should give me time to clean up some games that I keep putting off.....and finish Ghost of Tsushima Legends mode !

The Quarry will be carried over from Spring challenge as I'm struggling to get to that atm.

Spiderman Miles Morales 0%

Last Stop 0% 

Life is Strange 2....0% 

Haven ...0%

Lost Words Beyond the Page 0% 

The Quarry.....14% 

Nudge Nudge Midnight ?

On 5/18/2023 at 11:26 AM, RaxxisOmega said:

Hopefully this season, I wont have any surprises.

Weird West 11%

Stick It To The Man 23%

InFamous: First Light 30%

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom 31%

Grim Fandango 35%

See you all on June 1st \m/^_^\m/

Slight revision to what I said.

Didn't realise Ni No Kuni 2 had DLC trophies and I am not in a position to but them for the time being so I am swapping it out for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom 8%

Weird West 11%

Stick It To The Man 23%

Grim Fandango 35%

• Like 1

@MidnightDragon I've been giving it some thought and I think I'm going to pull out of this Summer challenge. Between the new season of Destiny 2, Diablo 4 and the incoming season 1 in July and wanting to finally start Genshin Impact - I don't think my gaming goals for the next 3 months will fit the challenge structure. I'll pick the challenge back up in the Autumn challenge for sure though :)

• Like 3

i want to add other games since i am in on this challenge wich keep me motivated to complete games i have changed my online id to this one it was first rental_barley93 the games i add are jak x combat racing 4% final fantasy 7 original 2% gta3 new version 1% far cry primal 8% life is strange1% i focus on this list 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 6:30 PM, RaxxisOmega said:

Didn't realize Ni No Kuni 2 had DLC trophies and I am not in a position to get them for the time being so I am swapping it out for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

Weird West 11%

Stick It To The Man 23%

Grim Fandango 35%

Yeah, don't feel bad about that. The thing that held me back from playing Ni No Kuni 2 until now was that damn DLC because I hate hard difficulty trophies. Still, I did get Tales of the Timeless Tome as that was a nod to the original with the Wizard's Companion. ^_^ Don't feel like you are obligated, I'm not interested in completing A Hat In Time as some of the trophies there are balls-wall-hard. I will go back to that but not today. :P

And if there is any game which deserved to replace Revenant Kingdom, it had to be Monster Boy. I got the plat for BOTH versions and loved every minute of it. The music, graphics and mechanics are so cool they could freeze the Sahara Desert daytime. :D

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 7:03 PM, xItsLesterx said:

After doing this event for about 3 years straight.. I took a year or so break but we are back on that grind. I'm in.

Game list:

Crash Bandicoot (18%)

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (12%)

Crash Bandicoot: Warp (0%)

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about time (0%)

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (2%)

Added

On 5/22/2023 at 3:42 AM, Buff_Cupcake said:

@MidnightDragon I've been giving it some thought and I think I'm going to pull out of this Summer challenge. Between the new season of Destiny 2, Diablo 4 and the incoming season 1 in July and wanting to finally start Genshin Impact - I don't think my gaming goals for the next 3 months will fit the challenge structure. I'll pick the challenge back up in the Autumn challenge for sure though :)

Aww. :( See you this fall.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:50 AM, maxfighter23___ said:

i want to add other games since i am in on this challenge wich keep me motivated to complete games i have changed my online id to this one it was first rental_barley93 the games i add are jak x combat racing 4% final fantasy 7 original 2% gta3 new version 1% far cry primal 8% life is strange1% i focus on this list 

Added

On 5/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, RaxxisOmega said:

Didn't realise Ni No Kuni 2 had DLC trophies and I am not in a position to but them for the time being so I am swapping it out for Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

Weird West 11%

Stick It To The Man 23%

Grim Fandango 35%

Last revision, I swear.

Swapping out Infamous for Final Fantasy XVI.

Can't believe I forgot it was coming out soon.

Final Fantasy XIV 0%

Weird West 11%

Stick It To The Man 23%

Grim Fandango 35%

• Like 4

A change and 2 add ons to my list:

- Afterimage 8%

- Agony 0%

- Assassin`s Creed Origins 0%

- Clid the Snail 4%

- G Darius HD (EU) 29%

- Handball 16 (PS4) 3%

- Maglam Lord 0%

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider 0%

- Summer in Mara 25%

- The Diofield Chronicles (PS4) 0%

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS4) 0%

- Valkyrie Elysium (PS4) 0%

I switched Shadowrun Returns for Maglam Lord and add Agony (after finishing Succubus, I`m more than interested in playing the first game set in that universe) and Afterimage (from the spring list, I`m now over 20 hours in and got no new trophies, so I think it is save to asume, that I don`t finish it or even come over 33%/50% until wednesday).

Edited by reaperveteran86
I updated the percentages before the start of the event.
  • Like 2

Probably gonna do something with this list that I am doing with the Kill Your Completion event: I have a magnetic timer which I set to go off after a while to alert me to shut down, so I will be using it to do a 'pomodoro method' where I play only in one hour sessions every day so I have more time to do other things like play Final Fantasy XIV.

Plan will probably be the Pixel Remasters in June(since there is 4x EXP boosts I will probably get through all three remaining games fast), then World of Final Fantasy on July and Hogwarts Legacy in August since I will be playing that with sound on.