Summer 2023 Backlog Challenge

10 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I'm gonna throw one of my various hats in the ring for this one again....

And just like usual I'll probably throw together a list I won't finish, but I can always carry those over to the next challenge if need be, right?

As most of the games I have actually started are over the percentage threshold for this event, looks like I'll just be adding unstarted games.... because..... well I'm too scared to return to Star Ocean: The Last Hope okay xD

So here goes... I'll add

1. A Way Out (PS4) 0%
  2. Blacksad: Under the Skin (PS4) 0%
  3. Ape Escape 2 (PS4) 0%
  4. Blood Knights (PS3) 0%
  5. Greedfall (PS4) 0%
  6. We Were Here Too (PS4) 0%
  7. Inside (PS4) 0%
  8. X-Men Destiny (PS3) 0%
  9. The Last Guardian (PS4) 0%
  10. Syphon Filter (PS4) 0%
  11. Dead Island: Riptide (PS4) 0%
  12. Dreamfall Chapters (PS4) 0%
  13. Firewatch (PS4) 0%
  14. Pyre (PS4) 0%
  15. Dead Synchronicity (PS4) 0%

So I thought I'd take a leaf out of my partners book with this one and just add a list of games I know I'm likely to want to play in the next few months, or ones that her and I are definitely going to be playing together.

Greedfall is going into this challenge again, and it keeps appearing ever since I first participated in one of these all the way back in 2023, so I really ought to get to it soon.... But I guess I'll see, I've still got plenty of backlog busting to do outside of this event too, with the games above 50% on my strange little personal quest towards 98% completion xD 

As usual I'm looking forward to following along with all of your progress!

1 hour ago, The_Head_Crusher said:

Sign me up coach. Going for the rest of the Pixel Remaster series next

Final Fantasy II ---> 5 :bronze: 0 :silver: 0 :gold: 0 :platinum:  = 5/28 7%

Final Fantasy III ---> 0 :bronze: 0 :silver: 0 :gold: 0 :platinum:  = 0/31 0%

Final Fantasy IV ---> 0 :bronze: 0 :silver: 0 :gold: 0 :platinum:  = 0/30 0%

Final Fantasy V ---> 0 :bronze: 0 :silver: 0 :gold: 0 :platinum:  = 0/39 0%

Final Fantasy VI ---> 0 :bronze: 0 :silver: 0 :gold: 0 :platinum:  = 0/37 0%

Swaps: 0/3

Total Progress

0  :bronze: 

0  :silver:

0  :gold:

0  :platinum:

0/160 = 0%

Added

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

That's really cool, I'm clearing up the second half of this series. Speaking of which...

• Final Fantasy IV (10% => 48% => 61% => 100% :platinum:)
  • Final Fantasy V (0% => 1%)
  • Final Fantasy VI (0%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (12%)
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (7%)

Finally finished FFIV. I panicked when I saw I hadn't gotten the rest of the hidden items as I failed to get the Spoon from Yang's wife, but turns out it wasn't needed as the rest of the hidden items were in chocobo forests, which I missed two of(the one in Troia area and the one on an island east of Troia xD) and I missed half of the chests in Sylvan Cave so I cleared that out and popped the plat.

Just got onto FFV next. This will be interesting, but I didn't go very far, just popped the first trophy for starting the game. Named Bartz Cici, but accidentally added an "i" so his name is now Cicii. :P

Why did that quote me? That was @The_Head_Crusher

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

@GT__Jedi I could’ve sworn I added you. I did now. Sorry!

5 hours ago, grumpaluffagus_1 said:

Count me in for another round. My games are:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn - 1%
  2. The Witcher 3 - 12%
  3. Hogwarts Legacy - 14%
  4. Immortals: Fenyx Rising - 9%
  5. Kingdom Hearts - 10%
  6. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - 0%

Good luck everyone!

Added

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Time to sign up for another great event:

Valiant Hearts - 23%

Observation - 0%

The Gardens Between - 0%

Maquette - 21%

Wytchwood - 0%

Until Dawn - 0%

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

Sup homies? Was gonna let another one go by, but... I mean I'm already gonna be playing games anyway, right? Lots of jump rope, alternate endings, and VR missions for me this summer1f604.png

1. Final Fantasy IX (8%)

2. Silent Hill 2 (0%)

3. Silent Hill 3 (0%)

4. Metal Gear Solid 2 (0%)

5. Metal Gear Solid 3 (0%)

6. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (0%)

Added. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

That's really cool, I'm clearing up the second half of this series. Speaking of which...

• Final Fantasy IV (10% => 48% => 61% => 100% :platinum:)
  • Final Fantasy V (0% => 1%)
  • Final Fantasy VI (0%)

Finally finished FFIV. I panicked when I saw I hadn't gotten the rest of the hidden items as I failed to get the Spoon from Yang's wife, but turns out it wasn't needed as the rest of the hidden items were in chocobo forests, which I missed two of(the one in Troia area and the one on an island east of Troia xD) and I missed half of the chests in Sylvan Cave so I cleared that out and popped the plat.

Just got onto FFV next. This will be interesting, but I didn't go very far, just popped the first trophy for starting the game. Named Bartz Cici, but accidentally added an "i" so his name is now Cicii. :P

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Why did that quote me? That was @The_Head_Crusher

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Sorry, I was quoting from your reply post. I promise to go to the original post next time. 1f625.png

? For me this will be the first time completing these 5, though I have had previous attempts for II, IV, and VI.  So I am excited to finally get these off my bucket list.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Update 1:

- Afterimage 8%

- Agony 0%

- Assassin`s Creed Origins 0% -> 4%

- Clid the Snail 4% -> 100%

- G Darius HD (EU) 29%

- Handball 16 (PS4) 3%

- Maglam Lord 0%

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider 0%

- Summer in Mara 25% -> 100%

- The Diofield Chronicles (PS4) 0%

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS4) 0%

- Valkyrie Elysium (PS4) 0%

First update and the first 2 games are done. I finished Summer in Mara, a farming and fetch quest sim in the style of Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons) mixed with Windwaker. The game was fun and relaxing (and strangely addictive). I even think about getting the other 2 games from the developer (Deiland, Ankora) when they come out on disc at the end of the month, as they play in the same universe and the gameplay looks similar to this one.

My second finished game is Clid the Snail, a twin stick shooter with an post apocalyptic setting (humans are dead, animals and insects form little ethno states that are threatened by a slug invasion). It reminded me a bit of Biomutant (without the narrator) and the story has a few dark turns. The game was a little short and the protagonist controls a little slow, but the game was fun, nontheless.

I also started Assassins Creed: Origins and finished the prologe. It`s good so far but I can see myself getting annoyed when I get to the "complete every point on the map" trophy.

I recently did assassins Creed: Origins and it isn't as bad as you would think, When I did it I started on the 17th of September and got the platinum in 4 days so you should be good you'll have to let me know how you find it and both dlcs took like 20 hours max for both of them. Good luck though!

• Like 3

On 6/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, Taruta13 said:
  • Final Fantasy IV :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy V (1% => 12%)
  • Final Fantasy VI (0%)

Well, I stupidly f'ked up - I released the wolf prisoner in Walse Castle and I was warned not to do that as he'll steal treasure, which means he'll open a bunch of chests and that treasure is GONE, meaning I can't complete the 100% treasure trophy. I have to delete my save and START ALL OVER. :(

Good! I have to go back to FFXIV and now I can play Kingdom Hearts III in the morning and FFXIV in the afternoon...

And just drop out of this challenge as I will never be able to finish it. ?

(Okay, I apologize for throwing a tanturn, I'm not giving up, it's just so frustrating when I fell for a trap by letting the wolf of the prison of Walse Castle. *sigh* This site's guide did not warn me early enough and I overwrit every save after I made that mistake so I can't go back to a previous save. Oh well. :()

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Well, I stupidly f'ked up - I released the wolf prisoner in Walse Castle and I was warned not to do that as he'll steal treasure, which means he'll open a bunch of chests and that treasure is GONE, meaning I can't complete the 100% treasure trophy. I have to delete my save and START ALL OVER. :(

Good! I have to go back to FFXIV and now I can play Kingdom Hearts III in the morning and FFXIV in the afternoon...

And just drop out of this challenge as I will never be able to finish it. ?

(Okay, I apologize for throwing a tanturn, I'm not giving up, it's just so frustrating when I fell for a trap by letting the wolf of the prison of Walse Castle. *sigh* This site's guide did not warn me early enough and I overwrit every save after I made that mistake so I can't go back to a previous save. Oh well. :()

Well thanks for the heads up on this one, I'll need to remember not to do that.