METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER (MGS3 Remake) - Officially Announced

ziggypossum

Maybe they will remake them chronologically with the story. Like if they all have similar gameplay then it doesn't matter. 

If you were to play the originals chronologically it would be harder to go back because of the differences in how the gameplay improved over the series. 

Simple things like being able to freely rotate the camera with the right stick was massive improvement over MGS2 with the fixed camera. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

I question myself... Why would they remake the third game in the series? I mean, most players didn't get the chance to play the series nowdays and the first game has a somewhat outdated gameplay. Wouldn't bringing the series back from the beginning be the best approach?

Most popular and loved one from the series. Same happened with Silent Hill 2 Remake without part 1

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, FlashbekBR said:

I question myself... Why would they remake the third game in the series? I mean, most players didn't get the chance to play the series nowdays and the first game has a somewhat outdated gameplay. Wouldn't bringing the series back from the beginning be the best approach?

Like everybody else said, MGS3 it's the first game chronologically wise and also it's the more popular. I'd also preferred a remake of the first game in the series which is Metal Gear (not Metal Gear Solid) but since that game's story needs to be updated and expanded a remake seems unlikely without Kojima involvement. The next game in the line would Metal Geat Solid, since it only needs minimal updates in the story.

• Like 2

would they include MG 1 and MG 2 in a remake or re-imagining series?

4 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

MGS 3 is the first chronologically. Mainline I think MGS order is 3 > 5 > 1 > 2 > 4

I know that is just for the Solid story line:

3, PO, PW, 5, MG, MG2SS, 1, 2, 4 would be a more accurate order. I know most do not count Portable ops and Peace Walker or even the original Metal Gear games though.

• Like 2

I’m curious how much of a remake or reimagining the game turns out to be. I like MGS3 but it is in many ways where the series went off the rails. I would appreciate a reinterpretation of some of the story beats and boss encounters (bring them up to the level of The Fear and The End) and hope there is either the option to play in Japanese or the English VA for The Boss is recast because I could never take her seriously. I thought “yes, that is Pearl from SpongeBob”.

And lastly, I hope remakes of MGS1 & MGS2 either follow as well or the old PS3-era remakes are ported to PS5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I hope... the English VA for The Boss is recast because I could never take her seriously. I thought “yes, that is Pearl from SpongeBob”.

I highly doubt that would happen.  If nothing else, it would cost too much money to have another actress record all The Boss's lines.

Every time I heard The Pain speak, I couldn't help but think "that's Grimlock from the 1980s Transformers cartoon", but it didn't put me off him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Void said:

would they include MG 1 and MG 2 in a remake or re-imagining series?

I know that is just for the Solid story line:

3, PO, PW, 5, MG, MG2SS, 1, 2, 4 would be a more accurate order. I know most do not count Portable ops and Peace Walker or even the original Metal Gear games though.

I hope Konami gives Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake the same treatment as the Final Fantasy Pixel Collection while Metal Gear Solid and Portable Ops get the same treatment of the Siphon Filter games (even if there is a MGS remake in development). Just imagine to have the platinums of every single game of the series.

I wouldn't mind platting again MGS2, 3 (a remastered version in spite of the remake), 4, and Peace Walker as well, I'll gladly do every VR and Alternative missions one more time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StewartBros said:

I highly doubt that would happen.  If nothing else, it would cost too much money to have another actress record all The Boss's lines.

Every time I heard The Pain speak, I couldn't help but think "that's Grimlock from the 1980s Transformers cartoon", but it didn't put me off him.

I mean, MGS1 had a handful of changes when the game was remade on GameCube and the Resident Evil 4 more recently stirred the drink with Ada etc. but you have a fair point. 

And alright fair enough, just saying I saw a goofy talking Whale from a childrens cartoon when she spoke and it took me out of it. 

8 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I wouldn't mind platting again MGS2

The horror, the horror.

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

MGS1 had a handful of changes when the game was remade on GameCube

I really like the remake myself, though the new voice acting was a bit of a let down.

10 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I’m curious how much of a remake or reimagining the game

I would not mind either IF they are done right. However with the way they do re-imaginings I would be more worried on that regard.

11 hours ago, Slava said:

Starting Metal Gear with Snake Eater is similar to starting Star Wars with Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Not in terms of quality, but in terms of context you're expected to have by that point. It's not a requirement, and you can still enjoy the game, so it's not a big deal. But yeah. I'd prefer a remake of 1987's Metal Gear.

Yeah, beginning with a prequel is terrible, because you are playing a game that has been made knowing that beforehand, players know the future of the franchise. The "paradox" that happens if you kill Ocelot early in the game is a joke only because Ocelot was still alive at MGS2, but how do new players know about this?

Obviously, in the case of SW, there are a lot more of spoilers that you'll ruin yourself because the franchise is a lot bigger, and the plot is an spoiler on itself.

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

Can we just remake Metal Gear Solid? Or even Metal Gear 1 & 2? They deserve it much more.

Like gosh, MGS3 is my least favorite of the mainline series. The bosses were utterly frustrating and clueless, the survival and injury management unbearable. It got a great plot tho, but man I felt frustration after frustration, unlike other MGS games.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1