METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER (MGS3 Remake) - Officially Announced

ziggypossum

The Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake is real, and will be revealed soon for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/report-the-metal-gear-solid-3-remake-is-real-and-will-be-revealed-soon-for-xbox-playstation-and-pc

What you need to know

• It has been rumored for a while that Metal Gear Solid 3 is getting the remake treatment.
  • Konami is already working with Bloober Team to remake another of its classic games in the form of Silent Hill 2. 
  • I'd heard the rumors myself recently, and have now been able to hard-confirm that the remake is real, and it's coming to Xbox and PC as well as PlayStation, despite a marketing deal. 
Edited by ziggypossum
I'm still in a dream, snake eater!
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, zachpicc said:

Snake Eater is my favourite in the series, ive recently wrapped up the Platinum on Vita as well as doing the PS3 version a while ago !

I've actually got an un-opened copy of MGS HD Collection for Vita that I bought a few years ago when I picked up my 1st Vita that I never got around to playing. I was unaware that they had de-listed it last year due to some of the historical achieved footage being expired or whatever, but now it's worth WAY more than I paid for it. I think I paid like $15-$10 for it new and now it's worth like 5-6 times amount. I'm torn between saying fuck it and just opening it and playing it cause I'd like to re-play it in it's original form before the re-make comes out, or keeping it sealed and letting it get higher in price before I sell it eventually. ?

14 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

What’s this studio’s portfolio? Bluepoint has set a quality benchmark for remakes. 

Mainly a port studio.

They did the NieR:Automata Switch port that was considered impressive, but they also handled the disastrous The Outer Worlds remaster. They don't have the best track record.

They could up their game with this remake but don't expect something on the level of Bluepoint.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

16 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

Just like they did with Silent Hill 2 Remake, lol

Delisted from the digital stores, btw

Fair enough, there are a load of hard copies out there though I guess if you're digital only.

5 hours ago, ollo99 said:

I hope we get the ape escape game mode 1f60c.png

That mode was so much fun back on the PS2. If this is indeed going ahead, they need to add back in the secret theatre which they omitted from the HD collection for whatever reason. And add in a trophy for unlocking every scene! 

• Like 1

14016f4223d4cdd99e8431dd76d3c200.jpg

The Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Is Real And Coming To PS5

Snake Eater is getting a makeover alongside a Metal Gear Solid classic collection

Rumors of a Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater remake have been swirling for years. Now we know all the fan speculation wasn’t for naught. Konami revealed at Sony’s PlayStation Showcase that the PS2 classic is getting modernized for the PlayStation 5 so players can enjoy it all over again.

The remake is called Metal Gear Solid Triangle: Snake Eater and there’s no release date yet and the only real look we got at it was Naked Snake creeping through a very dark jungle. The Metal Gear Solid Master Collection, meanwhile, is set to arrive this fall and will include Metal Gear: Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and the original Snake Eater.

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-ps5-cynthia-harrell-1850471638

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Does anyone know if it will have all the original voice actors?

IGN confirmed

Additional info released after the event confirmed that the remake will feature the original voices, presumably including David Hayter as Snake. Konami also promised “unprecedented graphics and immersive sound.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-3-remake-announced-playstation-showcase

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Indeed its the first and by a mile!!!! ITs the best game in the series it makes 100% TO START WITH THIS ONE NO QUESTIONS!!!

I'd argue it tastes better after experiencing MGS 1 and 2, with all the talk about Big Boss being this almost mythical man and then seeing him before he was Big Boss. At least story-wise. 

I'm really hoping it's a full on remake, not just a remake in terms of graphics and controls/camera. If it's more like RE2 remake with at least half as engaging gameplay as MGS V, might be a day one purchase for me. 

• Like 1