METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER (MGS3 Remake) - Officially Announced

ziggypossum

*disregard* Info was posted already on the confirmation of original voice casting.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Soooooo, about that...

To be fair, there have been so many false rumours over the last five years that I can understand the scepticism. However, this one did seem pretty legit from the onset based on the reliability of the source.   

38 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Triangle, Trio, MGS 1 2 and 3 = Mast collection? idk I like the games though I'm happy with PS3/Vita HD versions atm.

Edited by Botoox
response
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Botoox said:

Got to be honest, the Delta thing comes across as pretentious. This is a pretty famous video game, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just stick with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Just feels convolute and a bit pointless.

Edited by PhantomFear94

41 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Got to be honest, the Delta thing comes across as pretentious. This is a pretty famous video game, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just stick with Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Just feels convolute and a bit pointless.

I think its good they dropped the 3, makes it easier for new people to get into it without feeling the need to play the previous games.

But its true that it didnt need the Delta either.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater would be just as good if not better.

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 3

Please god dont make a MGS Snake Eater remake an action shooter in 1st person with optional difficulty, accessibility cheats or "story mode", those things will destroy completely the experience.

At least the MGS HD Collection will be the same as the PS3 version, has fun trophies and same difficulty of the original games, cant wait to platinum again.

METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol. 1

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007607

Edited by DarkBlood-ARG

I loved MGS franchise since MGS 1. So iconic, but I would have love they remaster the 1 and then 2 (my fav fav) and then the 3rd, but now we have Snake Eater, I enjoyed it as well, not as many of the first two but so glad to see Snake back after all these years that I feel glad for it.

Just the CGI trailer is scary for me, I hope to see more real footage from the game engine and no more CGI

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DarkBlood-ARG said:

Please god dont make a MGS Snake Eater remake an action shooter in 1st person with optional difficulty, accessibility cheats or "story mode", those things will destroy completely the experience.

MGS3 has difficulty options. And accessibility features aren't "cheats", they're options that allow more people to play the game...

Back to the topic: I never played MGS3 before, and I'm really not that good with stealth games (the only MGS game I finished was Guns of the Patriots - before the trophy patch), but I'm fascinated with anything related to Metal Gear. I would gladly play a new version of this game, so this will be on my radar for a while.

I've started MGS from MGS 2 SoL and soon after went into MGS 3 SE as it was released. I honestly didn't have much issues getting into it and doubt newer players will when youtube is full of summaries and recaps to get them up to speed with story [nanomachines son]

My concern is Konami.

This is great news but.... it's been a long time since MGS3. It's been a long way since MGS4 GoTP and what came more recently was MGS TPP and whatever the hell Survive was.

Mix that with the current state and low bars of AAA expectations and remakes and imho you have more than enough reason for very cautious optimism regarding this.

• Like 1

I thought I knew what game I wanted to do for my 100th plat milestone but this and the Master Collection have presented me with an interesting dilemma. I guess it depends on where I am when they release xD

I'm definitely getting them both though. The trailer for Δ has me very excited and I'm hoping we get one for the Master Collection, even if they are just the older games in their original form.

The Metal Gear Solid 3 remake will reuse the original game’s voice lines — with no changes

Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater, the recently announced remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, will reuse the voice lines from the original game with no changes,

according to Tommy Williams, Konami’s head of communications for the Americas.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/30/23742786/metal-gear-solid-delta-3-snake-eater-remake-voice-actors-no-changes

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I was playing The Medium by Bloober Team recently and the game had some really nice graphics. The woods in this game look amazing. It's using Unreal 4 engine. Since Blooper Team and Konami are currently developing the Silent Hill 2 remake together, I really hope that some folks at Konami have taken a look The Medium and those astonishing woods and try to achieve the same quality for the jungle in MGS Delta. Konami's eFootball and Bloober Team's The Medium are both running on Unreal 4, also Silent Hill 2 will use it. So also Konami is familiar with it. Maybe it could even run on Unreal 5. But I'm afraid this is just too much wishful thinking by myself. The chance that Konami fuck up the project is probably bigger. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 5:09 AM, Solid-Fisch said:

I was playing The Medium by Bloober Team recently and the game had some really nice graphics. The woods in this game look amazing. It's using Unreal 4 engine. Since Blooper Team and Konami are currently developing the Silent Hill 2 remake together, I really hope that some folks at Konami have taken a look The Medium and those astonishing woods and try to achieve the same quality for the jungle in MGS Delta. Konami's eFootball and Bloober Team's The Medium are both running on Unreal 4, also Silent Hill 2 will use it. So also Konami is familiar with it. Maybe it could even run on Unreal 5. But I'm afraid this is just too much wishful thinking by myself. The chance that Konami fuck up the project is probably bigger. 

It looks like there is love in the proyects they are doing, i hope they take their time and see the way to make a great experience from many years ago a superb one

• 3 weeks later...