RUMOR: E3 2024 and 2025 possibly canceled

MidnightDragon

I don't know why everyone seems so happy E3 is dead. It was that one huge event gamers look forward to in the year with so many big reveals. Not to mention the unintentional cringe moments. I hate whatever the hell companies are doing now. Seems like they just put out a showcase every once in a while that's either hit or miss. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Herwest299 said:

It was that one huge event gamers look forward to in the year with so many big reveals.

Not for me it wasn't and hasn't been since 2017/2018. E3 has been mostly irrelevant for years, at least partly because a lot of the good gaming news, leaked months in advance so you already knew what was coming. The Pandemic was the final nail in the coffin for many of these events, especially once developers and publishers realised they didn't need to spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Dollars going somewhere to show off their wares, when they could cut out the middleman and do the same thing in-house for peanuts, then stream it on Youtube or some other social media platform.

23 hours ago, Herwest299 said:

I don't know why everyone seems so happy E3 is dead. It was that one huge event gamers look forward to in the year with so many big reveals. Not to mention the unintentional cringe moments. I hate whatever the hell companies are doing now. Seems like they just put out a showcase every once in a while that's either hit or miss. 

Because now it’s way cheaper and that’s all what important for companies. All E3 game shows was very expensive and now not need show,just Geoff infinite talks with game trailers sometimes near him.

Why are they so adamant about hanging on to an event everyone has moved on from? In fact it'd probably be more beneficial to officially announce the retirement of E3 and bring it back when you can, several years down the line and you can grab that nostalgia excitement and do a huge show. 

• Like 2