Powerwash Simulator SpongeBob DLC thoughts.

snakebit10

27 minutes ago, SwiftGuyver said:

To echo ZeromusF4, this is cool but I don't understand why we didn't get DLC trophy packs for the Tomb Raider & Final Fantasy VII content?! I felt it was odd at the time but this announcement makes it an even more head scratching decision. 

FF7 and Tomb Raider were free, this one is paid, so maybe that's why? Like they actually got paid to add trophies? lol idk

42 minutes ago, ZinHunterAK said:

FF7 and Tomb Raider were free, this one is paid, so maybe that's why? Like they actually got paid to add trophies? lol idk

Yeah maybe although I'm pretty sure there's been trophies added for free DLC in the past. It's obviously not a big deal just disappointing that's all. 

Here before the DLC is likely delisted in the next few years. LittleBigPlanet 3 received a Spongebob Squarepants goodies/level pack back in 2016 (IIRC) and was dropped from sale a couple years later due to an expired license to sell the Viacom (ViacomCBS) licensed add-ons. In that case at least said content wasn’t tied to DLC trophies, unlike this game however.

Would be nice if a complete physical release of PowerWash Simulator exists sooner or later with Spongebob Squarepants + any and all future expansions on the disc (not a redeemable voucher code that’s single-use and/or has an expiration date).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

took me around 4 ish hours

Yeah, not that long either. The Mermalair is definitely the biggest level I think. I've not finish it yet as I had to go out for a bit while doing the last level. But from when i started it, yeah, it'll probably be another hour or two to finish it off.

I do wish we could've cleaned inside the Krusty Krab though, that would've been fun to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

It was nice to see this on the main page, it's the first DLC with trophies! I really recommend this game to anyone willing to try it, it's exactly what you expect filler of any kind.

Does anyone knows the price yet?

8 usd

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 8:41 PM, SwiftGuyver said:

To echo ZeromusF4, this is cool but I don't understand why we didn't get DLC trophy packs for the Tomb Raider & Final Fantasy VII content?! I felt it was odd at the time but this announcement makes it an even more head scratching decision. 

I think it's down to a licensing thing. Tomb Raider and FF7 are Square Enix properties and would have been free to include from a licensing perspective, so trophy inclusion is discretionary as it has no monetary cost associated. Spongebob is a whole separate thing and they would have spent money on a deal with Nickelodeon to make content around it. I'm assuming it's paid because they need to make some money back from that and as a result DLC trophies were thrown into the mix. I'm just speculating here, but that seems the most logical reason.

• Like 1