Most Likely Unobtainable Per Recent Update

9 hours ago, Hi_Simona said:

Imagine thinking about paying the people who have left you without your longed-for virtual trophy. Or imagine pretending to use unofficial servers, which is an obnoxious trap where no one can verify what you are doing there. 

Imagine dragons

Sorry I couldn't resist ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

In a way I am glad other people do not have to start this torture, but the way they went about it in the end is really sketchy of the developers and/or publishers. I would avoid any games in the future from these clowns. I was looking forward to Texas chainsaw massacre too. I don't know if I will buy it after what I went through with this game and predator.

i was on the fence with texas and was thinking about doing predator after I finished Friday but now I’m off the fence and won’t play stuff that the dev or publisher are involved in.

Edited by INN3RL0TUSS
  • Like 4

On 10/07/2023 at 0:37 PM, MANU1950 said:

I have received threats in private so you knows

Wtf report that crap and don't stand for it. Some always take thing too far. Hope you're okay dude

11 hours ago, Sonic230584 said:

But wouldnt that get us blacklisted on psnp?

Removed from leaderboards which is no great loss. You can still use every other feature on the site ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mrzizich said:

We would like to submit the finished server "database workaround" for review so it can be approved by the mods. But until we actually get a finished version up and running there's nothing to realistically submit at the moment. But that's definitely a discussion to be had some time.

Not intending to derail the topic, but what are the odds of setting up servers for Gwent or Red Alert 3?

8 hours ago, mrzizich said:

We would like to submit the finished server "database workaround" for review so it can be approved by the mods. But until we actually get a finished version up and running there's nothing to realistically submit at the moment. But that's definitely a discussion to be had some time.

Would be nice if it were approved, should honestly meet the criteria.   It's not like the game itself has already been delisted or the servers have been offline for years.

I still wish they'd bring back the servers for killzone 2 though ?

9 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Wtf report that crap and don't stand for it. Some always take thing too far. Hope you're okay dude

Removed from leaderboards which is no great loss. You can still use every other feature on the site 1f600.png

You are having a better day now? Mr grumpy pants? I tease, but wow you switched mood faster than I could turn my PS5 on. Love ya ?. Well hope everyone sorts this turd flusher of a mess before it reaches the ocean.

Edited by ElektrickRage

2 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Any news? I have a little one I contact with illfonic Twitter and Facebook and I talk with a real person not a bot. Only says me we must be contact with gun media only this for this moment 

Illfonic were the original devs for this game at release but they got replaced by Black Tower Studios back in 2018 - right around the time where the licensing rights to the franchise got messy, which stopped any new content being made.

Gun and Black Tower would be the people to try to get hold of. Illfonic likely won't be able to do anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evil25Illusion said:

I messaged the devs about this. I told them that their changes caused the achievement system to be buggy. Why even "fix" or "change" something when there isn't a logical reason? I'm waiting to hear back. It just seems like people who are hired for these jobs are incompetent. Boy, they sure want our money...but always screw us in the long run. I'm getting tired of supporting industries like this. More people need to cause a fuss about this if there is any glimmer of hope of having something fixed in the meantime. And don't give me that "oh, they won't do nothing nonsense". Potential changes can happen if the uproar is big enough. And besides, it's always worth trying, anyway... 

Exactly, doesn’t hurt trying.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, YuckMeAgain said:

Exactly, doesn’t hurt trying.

Right. I'm glad you agree. 

If we really care about earning our trophies, going to the forums and complaining to each other isn't going to make a change happen. We, as gamers, actually have to confront the developers about these issues directly. And it doesn't matter if they consider it or not, the point is... We have to make the effort, even several times, to get their attention. I'm tired of purchasing games that have to be beaten within a clock's timespan, especially when I need a break from a game, and by the time I go back, oops, the servers or something else is dysfunctional. Talk about getting ripped off. 

So, I encourage everybody to contact the devs of this game frequently, too. If they can go out of their way to wreck a system that didn't need to be altered from the previous update, then they can obviously fix it, too. Or at least make the achievements easier to earn. 

• Like 2

My personalized (potentially bot) response from Gun support:

Hello,

I understand you’ve run into issues with achievement/trophy tracking and appreciate you reaching out to alert us.

Recent changes had to be made to lighten the dependence on database servers. These changes eliminate connection errors, prevent players from starting back at level 1 unexpectedly when reconnecting, and allows more functionality with less database requirements. From checking into your issue, we found that some trophies/achievements will no longer be available.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Gun

This issue will definitely not be getting fixed, sorry everyone. Even if @mrzizich somehow miraculously finds a way to get things working again, there’s no guarantee the CRT are even going to approve of it.

Honestly, all they had to do was give us a heads up that the update was going to screw us over, but they decided to drop the news the day of. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now I know they didn’t care about affecting a huge portion of their remaining player base. Will not be supporting their future projects.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

My personalized (potentially bot) response from Gun support:

Hello,

I understand you’ve run into issues with achievement/trophy tracking and appreciate you reaching out to alert us.

Recent changes had to be made to lighten the dependence on database servers. These changes eliminate connection errors, prevent players from starting back at level 1 unexpectedly when reconnecting, and allows more functionality with less database requirements. From checking into your issue, we found that some trophies/achievements will no longer be available.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Gun

This issue will definitely not be getting fixed, sorry everyone. Even if @mrzizich somehow miraculously finds a way to get things working again, there’s no guarantee the CRT are even going to approve of it.

Honestly, all they had to do was give us a heads up that the update was going to screw us over, but they decided to drop the news the day of. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now I know they didn’t care about affecting a huge portion of their remaining player base. Will not be supporting their future projects.

Wow... This is a crock... Customers, us, again, always getting screwed by financially supporting a company's product. Lazy people who go to work just to collect their paycheck, nothing more. And it's always "sorry for the inconvenience" on their part... -.-

I'm still going to make attempts to poke at them over this, regardless. I don't care if the outcome doesn't matter. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Evil25Illusion said:

Wow... This is a crock... Customers, us, again, always getting screwed by financially supporting a company's product. Lazy people who go to work just to collect their paycheck, nothing more. And it's always "sorry for the inconvenience" on their part... -.-

I'm still going to make attempts to poke at them over this, regardless. I don't care if the outcome doesn't matter. 

As you should. I’ve attempted to converse with them through Twitter and email with no luck, and I can only assume many users here have tried to do the same. It doesn’t hurt to continuously press them about the issue for the next year until shutdown though.

I’m almost more upset about them still selling the game on consoles until the end of the year. Guarantee you some trophy hunters who don’t keep up with online forums often or follow the game’s updates on social media are getting screwed over right now if they’ve started it after July 6th. It’s a damn shame.

• Like 2