Most Likely Unobtainable Per Recent Update

I'm pretty sure the latest patch was unintentional as the idea sounded great on paper. Unlocking all the kills, badges, and legendary perks was a cool gesture at the end of the day. I've played this game since day 1 and put in the blood, sweat and tears and I only have 3 legendary perks to show for it....and now I'm able to get them all so pretty excited about that. 

You never know, the horror community have some of the coolest and nicest dudes you can meet so it's possible the devs fix it or do some kind of patch. 

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath buddy. These dev’s from even before release have always been dismissive, condescending and unfriendly to the players, especially trophy hunters. They even admitted the 2, 1000 game trophies are in the game were purely put in as a ‘Fuck You’ to Trophy Hunter’s.

Just a very toxic developer team with an even worse CEO. They won’t fix it now as it’ll just mean they have one of the few true 0.1% on PSN and Xbox and they’re elitists so they’ll like that.

Im hoping they change their attitudes and tactics with TCM, but the same CEO who was a dick to trophy/achievement hunters for this has already done the same thing with that game in regards to it requiring 2000 games again.

They're a toxic development team based solely on the fact that they're last update for a game thats been dead since like 2019 probably unintentionally blocked trophies because they wanted to give out free content to the ALL of the user base before the game disappears forever? Ffs. 

Hate to say it too but this game has been out since 2017. Got slapped with the movie lawsuit like 6 months later and it was dead in summer 2018. "On June 11, 2018, Gun Media announced that it had canceled all future content updates including DLC for the game, citing a dispute between Cunningham and Victor Miller over rights, lawsuit and ownership of the original film as making it "unfeasible now or in the future". They've made multiple updates over the years about scaling back servers, etc... They literally added 5ish years of life to a game that should've have been gone by 2020. 

Just saying. Mad stoked to knock out Texas Chainsaw in August and hopefully this keeps people on their toes with that one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, illninoese said:

They're a toxic development team based solely on the fact that they're last update for a game thats been dead since like 2019 probably unintentionally blocked trophies because they wanted to give out free content to the ALL of the user base before the game disappears forever? Ffs. 

Hate to say it too but this game has been out since 2017. Got slapped with the movie lawsuit like 6 months later and it was dead in summer 2018. "On June 11, 2018, Gun Media announced that it had canceled all future content updates including DLC for the game, citing a dispute between Cunningham and Victor Miller over rights, lawsuit and ownership of the original film as making it "unfeasible now or in the future". They've made multiple updates over the years about scaling back servers, etc... They literally added 5ish years of life to a game that should've have been gone by 2020. 

Just saying. Mad stoked to knock out Texas Chainsaw in August and hopefully this keeps people on their toes with that one. 

From what I’ve read, they only have the rights to the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, so there’s only so much content they’ll add before they can’t. This game might die quicker than F13 so more reason to get the trophies done quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illninoese said:

I’m not saying the update makes them toxic? Their behaviour otherwise has. Their constant dismissive attitude, especially to those who hunt trophies has been gross.

The update was a nice gesture but they didn’t need to change the badges at all, that’s what caused the bug.

Also; the game may have been out since 2017 but it should still be achievable until it actually goes down, not become unachievable nearly 18 months before the shutdown date. 18 months is a long time, especially when considering you could easily clean up the game starting fresh in that time.

I also hate how people keep regurgitating the fact the lawsuit ruined the game for them.

They made all of their own choices in regards to content. They had time to whip out one final update before the lawsuit took effect, they could’ve released the finished Jason X content or the engine update that nobody wanted, they chose the engine update and then jumped ship. 

7 minutes ago, DanielTheManieI said:

From what I’ve read, they only have the rights to the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, so there’s only so much content they’ll add before they can’t. This game might die quicker than F13 so more reason to get the trophies done quick. 

If the game sells well, which it’s looking like it will then they’ll start approaching the rights holders for the rest of the franchise.

They just have to see how well it does during its launch window as approaching them beforehand would end up being a waste of money if the game flips, though I doubt it will.

If it sells well in the launch window I believe their intention is to approach rights holders in regards to popularity first. So they’ll be aiming to get hold of TCM2 and TCM (2003) righrs first and foremost.

TCM2 shouldn’t be too difficult as it all belongs to the same people who licensed out the license for the game to begin with. In the case of TCM2 however it’s likely they’ll have to approach Bill Moseley and Caroline Williams in order to potentially get ChopTop and Stretch added to the game, though the two of them are huge horror fans and love conventions etc so they’d probably sign off pretty fast.

The only issue with potential TCM2 content is if they try to get Lefty added in too as it’ll likely mean going through Dennis Hopper’s estate.

Id say with TCM Game we’ll definitely get 2 and 2003 content added at a minimum however 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

We must be press and press's and press.

I have a count with all 100% I want to cry. 

I can not sleep with this.

One can only to wish to get to the point in life where an unobtainable trophy gives them sleepless nights not actual real world things ?

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Disagreed.  It'd be your fault if they announce shutdown in December and you waited until November to start.

Fact is, they're still selling the game and not in it's complete working condition.  Developers are 100% at fault for this one for disabling a portion of their game

Makes sense when you put it that way. Crazy thing is I was going to clean the game up mid July/early August. Probably the most unfortunate thing is that it had to be devs who don’t care about trophies/achievements, and they aren’t afraid to admit it either, according to some people here.

I submitted a detailed report explaining the situation on their bug website, but not holding my breath over it. The email response from the devs that can be seen earlier in this topic speaks volumes about them. Definitely won’t be buying games made by IllFonic anymore. 

• Like 2

No problem, the Platinum in this game wasn't obtainable already for Day 1 players like me. Anyone who experienced the servers back then in the first few days didn't really play the game. But it was very fun, all their following games were significantly worse. Friday the 13th is the best until now.

4 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I did. Everything can be seen as offensive if you are determined to be offended and overly sensitive.

Dude… he is a common friend from another group. That’s why I know he’s trolling him. Nothing about being sensitive whatsoever ?

Just now, MANU1950 said:

someone with more kindness and rationality to discuss what mi comment.

Even if Community servers are made for this game, they have to be open source for them be approved by the CRT, else you will be flagged for using them and told to hide the list :(.

• Like 3

Here's a response I got from devs after reporting "trophies not tracking":

"Hello, 

I understand you’ve run into issues with trophy tracking. Thank you for reaching out to alert us about the trophies related to multiple matches.

Recent changes had to be made to lighten the dependence on database servers. These changes eliminate connection errors, prevent players from starting back at level 1 unexpectedly when reconnecting, and allows more functionality with less database requirements. With this, we found that some trophies/achievements will no longer be available. 

Thank you for understanding.

- Gun"