Most Likely Unobtainable Per Recent Update

4 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

I know that some community servers have been accepted by the psnprofiles moderators.

Yes but only because they were open source, many others have been rejected, because they're either not open source or you have to use CFW to make them work, both of which are no-no's.

3 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

Here's a response I got from devs after reporting "trophies not tracking":

"Hello, 

I understand you’ve run into issues with trophy tracking. Thank you for reaching out to alert us about the trophies related to multiple matches.

Recent changes had to be made to lighten the dependence on database servers. These changes eliminate connection errors, prevent players from starting back at level 1 unexpectedly when reconnecting, and allows more functionality with less database requirements. With this, we found that some trophies/achievements will no longer be available. 

Thank you for understanding.

- Gun"

In other words "We broke the trophies but instead of trying to find a solution in the few months we have left, we shipped the update, then called it a day and moved on so tough luck!"

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

"Hello, 

I understand you’ve run into issues with trophy tracking. Thank you for reaching out to alert us about the trophies related to multiple matches.

Recent changes had to be made to lighten the dependence on database servers. These changes eliminate connection errors, prevent players from starting back at level 1 unexpectedly when reconnecting, and allows more functionality with less database requirements. With this, we found that some trophies/achievements will no longer be available. 

- Gun"

Sounds kinda like we did this to fix the issues screwing up people's trophies but we broke the same trophies that the issue broke. And I'm a gun bot that's just editing what sender said to sound human

Gun.

16 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Whut?

This makes no sense. At the end of the day the devs have said they’re done supporting the game. This last patch was their final Hurrah! An attempt to give players that stick it to the end the best perks, kills and all of the unlocks.

Does it suck it broke the trophies? Yes, obviously. But they didn’t even need to give everyone all the stuff they did. They coulda just said, “Nah games done, fuck off” and shut the servers down, no thank you offerings. But they did, so stop being so entitled.

They won’t update the game simply to appease the few trophy hunters that want the Platinum. And they shouldn’t honestly, as if I was them I’d be asking “Where were you in the last 6 years? When you could have earned this trophy? Rather than throwing a tantrum you can’t earn it in 2023? When the game was initially released in May 2017?”

The fact the game survived 6 years, 7 when it does shut down, despite the competition, the negativity, the lawsuit is fucjing astounding. But they deserve to focus on their other projects now.

So…. Move on. Your 100% completion list nobody but you gives a single flying fuck about is gone. Get over it. And next time if you want a games Platinum. Don’t wait 6 fucking years before you attempt to Platinum a niche, assymetrical, multiplayer effort that’s going to have a shelf life, just saying. You’re annoying, also.

Edit: also the game is P2P so this update may mean the game stays alive for as long as people play it and host lobbies. Fuck the trophies honestly. Most of the Plat achievers boosted it anyway so it ain’t that impressive imho.

100%

Pandering to them makes the problem worse. When they are told no, this happens because they can't accept it :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

"Hello, 

- Gun"

That's the same email that I've got.

Fuck these devs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

Letting me fight for something that I consider important to me, I am not asking you to understand or judge me, but rather that you respect it. If you don't agree with me, I accept it, but comments like that don't help me. I'm just looking for all those affected to solve this. Who can I talk about this with if not with you, people like me who have been harmed by a bad action by the devs. It is not a moment of division but of union. I ask for kindness and understanding, if I'm having a bad time and as I said it's just something digital with no real importance but it's my feelings

Tough love. Find a hobby that doesn't keep you awake when things go wrong. It's not healthy. If it's a OCD thing then it's definitely not a healthy hobby. I've suffered with that for 20 odd years now and it can turn nice things into something that will make you feel  like you can't function.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SquidGeneral10 said:

"Hello, 

- Gun"

Yeah, it just seems like they knew it upfront and made that decision. But they also didnt announce it (maybe to avoid any bad thing / press?)

Btw, is that technical message not a bit bollocks as well? 

I do feel for the people that got screwed over by the changes made to the game (I was also screwed out of the LBP 3 plat due to server problems too!), but realistically we all know they won't fix the issues that were just created.

It costs money to patch the games and fix issues, and since the servers are going down anyways, why would they bother wasting money on a fix that would be going away in a year anyway? 

I wish it weren't the case, but the reality is that they thought they were helping people out by giving out tons of notice and trying to accelerate levelling etc., and inadvertently glitched some trophies. It sucks but it's something that everyone will just have to adjust to and realize that. :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MANU1950 said:

You may be right but for now I would like us to be able to work this out together. Thank you for your concern

Prepare for the worst. It sucks when trophies become unobtainable but unfortunately it's part of hunting. It gets us all in the end. Hopefully you'll get a nice surprise and they'll fix them. If not hide it and you'll still have a 100% profile

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

To be fair, the "you waited too long argument" isn't quite the same when they're still selling the game on psn. 

It's slated to be online and for sale for at least 5 more months.  Everything else (launch date, lawsuits, etc) is irrelevant.  

After December, it can shut down at any time as the devs stated, so that's fair play.  

They updated, broke/disabled a portion of it, and are still selling it as is.

I agree with this, the warning of the trophies being broken would have been nice. The email replies clearly indicate they knew, so why not keep the database until official delist. Everyone was under the impression it would be unobtainable by December 2024 based off their twitter post. Just a large pill for everyone to swallow, I got no hope it’s going to be fixed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Needles said:

I took a look at your profile @MANU1950 and it’s awesome, with a lot of great completions.

Hunting online trophies, and chasing server shutdowns, can be risky. If this issue doesn’t get fixed, and it’s not looking good, there’s no shame in having an unobtainable list on your profile. It wasn’t your fault. This is no way for a game to be sunset. Trophy tracking is a basic feature of the game and it doesn’t cost anything to provide a proper notice in advance to paying customers, if nothing else.

If anyone is tweeting at the devs/publisher, I’m happy to throw a like and retweet your way. 

Agreed, I'll give him props that at least it's his main profile he's posting here under, not one of the people talking about their "other" 100% profiles. I mean, it's nice that his 100% profile and his real profile are the same.

@MANU1950 I know it really only matters to you, but nobody would look at your profile and think any less of it because you got caught up in this mess. I wish you luck, but it's not worth the stress and anxiety you seem to be feeling (Not judging man, I really hope you are OK)

Edited by Floorkiller74
clarification
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, AlexEquillex_ said:

So can I not get the 4 match trophies? Because those are the only trophies i need now to get the platinum 

Currently not, we’re all trying to get the developers to bring the database back for everything to track again. That’s the only hope.

53 minutes ago, YuckMeAgain said:

Currently not, we’re all trying to get the developers to bring the database back for everything to track again. That’s the only hope.

I really really hope they do because it’s absolutely bullshit if they don’t. I get the game is on its way out but there’s no call for them to fuck up the trophies, i know it probably wasn’t intentional but still. 

1 hour ago, AlexEquillex_ said:

I really really hope they do because it’s absolutely bullshit if they don’t. I get the game is on its way out but there’s no call for them to fuck up the trophies, i know it probably wasn’t intentional but still. 

Judging from everyone’s replies in the emails, I got the same response. It seems they did know it was going to mess with the trophies. Since we’re the minority in the player base I guess they didn’t feel the need to inform anyone.

6 hours ago, MANU1950 said:

Someone think in a community servers?? Someone know about this, in others games is work.

If they cared about trophies, they might write the progress to a local save file, but that's not the case. The only way a server could be

made for this game is if you could play on a previous version of the game which still expects the database and it most likely would need

a valid SSL certificate for the server which is probably not an option unless the domain used becomes available for purchase.