Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 underway!

Standings and statistics are updated.

In the CWC:

@ApriIis - Manganese

@BraveNoobWorld - Bronze

@jemmie - Silver

@Andrea9281 - Gold

@Redbeard-Rik - Platinum

The CWC begins at 00:00 UTC time, which is 4 hours, 18 minutes from now. Good luck!

23 minutes ago, jemmie said:

I thought there was nothing at stake for losing this fixture, but apparently, my loss was so devastating that the "i" was knocked right out of my name! D:

Haha good catch! I didn't even see that.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@ongrats to all the winners from the leagues this season!

@Redbeard-Rik and @microsamm, I hope for more good matches next season.

@Andrea9281, I look forward to seeing if you can reach the top rung again ;)

Congrats to all the new competitors, especially @ApriIis, @FallacyUnknown and @Sptj7 who have put on a great show this season.

Great to see some old guard coming back to show these newbies a thing or two.

Will be fun to see what will happen with the CWC :)

No problem I will be back for season 27

• Like 1

Hmm, so this is what being in the CWC feels like. Good luck to my fellow competitors!

I've thought about whether I should retire after this, and I've come to a decision. If I get eliminated in the first round, I'll be too frustrated to just leave after that. Though if that doesn't happen, I will retire in luxury. That's right! I'm gunning for fourth place and am proud of it! My opponents all seem like behemoths, but for the sake of my fallen Silver League brethren, I shall take at least one person down!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BraveNoobWorld said:

In order to ensure maximum carnage, I’ll save you the trouble of waiting. You’re all through to the next round. Have fun.

Spoiler

But seriously, let's save the carnage for the final round. When I lose, I want to at least be able to pretend that it's close. ^-^

• Like 3

Redbeard-Rik (86.6) v Andrea9281 (125.7) v jemmie (27.4) v BraveNoobWorld (0)

BraveNoobWorld bows out, ending Bronze League representation.

Down to 3.

Redbeard-Rik v Andrea9281 v jemmie in Day 3 of the CWC, which started 2 hours 37 minutes ago.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Redbeard-Rik (86.6) v Andrea9281 (125.7) v jemmie (27.4) v BraveNoobWorld (0)

BraveNoobWorld bows out, ending Bronze League representation.

Down to 3.

Redbeard-Rik v Andrea9281 v jemmie in Day 3 of the CWC, which started 2 hours 37 minutes ago.

It looks like I used my secret weapon, The Jackbox Party Pack 2, a little too early. It's a fool's errand to try to win without it, but I'll give it a try.

I kind of like the pattern we have going here. A new round starts, someone posts their war song, and then someone drops out. Well, I already earned two trophies this round (intimidating, I know), so time for more fight music.

Spoiler

• Like 3

UPSET ALERT:

Redbeard-Rik (47.3) v (1) Andrea9281 (186.4) v jemmie (60.9)

Redbeard-Rik gets eliminated in a stunning turn of events, leaving Andrea and jemmie to fight it out in the final day.

The CWC Final, from Gold League and Silver League, Andrea9281 v jemmie.

Good luck to you both!

• Like 4

@jemmie Congrats on an epic blindside! Takes me back to the first competition I competed in with you: THTL season 1, where I did much the same mind games to blindside CJ and make it to the finals. Of course, I didn't end up winning that finals and you won't win this, but that is still one of my favourite memories of a competition. It's satisfying to be the underdog and pull off a stunning upset, and I hope you enjoy it for what it's worth :)

Since I'm sure you'll be retiring on this high note (and I may just do the same) I will just say that it has been a lot of fun competing with you over the years. I regret the stupid drama that happened and my role in it, but I still look back fondly on running and planning events with you. You're good at the mind games and always kept me on my toes, even if I don't think you ever actually pulled a win on me. Maybe when we both un-retire at some point ?

Edited by Andrea9281
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, jemmie said:

Congrats to @Andrea9281 on a well-deserved win. This was definitely one of the more exciting CWCs to watch. I probably won't be as competitive next season since it's during the heart of my busy season at work, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for those who decide to underestimate me. :giggle:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I think it's low-key hilarious that @Lucas added the waiting list to the opening post but still never added my name. Did I really lose if I was never recognized as a participant? ;)

I can't believe my strategy actually worked. I tried really hard the entire season to get my would-be CWC opponents to underestimate me, and it finally paid off. This has been far from my best season, but it has certainly been my luckiest (and also the funniest).

9 minutes ago, Andrea9281 said:

@jemmie Congrats on an epic blindside! Takes me back to the first competition I competed in with you: THL season 1, where I did much the same mind games to blindside CJ and make it to the finals. Of course, I didn't end up winning that finals and you won't win this, but that is still one of my favourite memories of a competition. It's satisfying to be the underdog and pull off a stunning upset, and I hope you enjoy it for what it's worth :)

Since I'm sure you'll be retiring on this high note (and I may just do the same) I will just say that it has been a lot of fun competing with you over the years. I regret the stupid drama that happened and my role in it, but I still look back fondly on running and planning events with you. You're good at the mind games and always kept me on my toes, even if I don't think you ever actually pulled a win on me. Maybe when we both un-retire at some point 1f609.png

A good strategist knows when to make a tactical retreat. You can have this win. Playing games like Sniper Elite V2 and Thief is a clear indicator that I'm truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel with my backlog. Maybe we will truly cross paths in December.

Spoiler

Holiday Special confirmed? Wait and see! :giggle:

• Like 2