Developers are finally aware of the trophy bug

PatrickPCRE5

On 7/17/2023 at 10:45 AM, Letenko said:

Whenever there is a way to unlock a platinum quickly without actually playing the game, you can always expect huge spike in players. Doesn't happen often, thankfully.

I had the same sense that something is going on as many of my PSN friends have completed it...So I was like "are the servers being shutdown or something?" ? That's quite rare situation to be honest.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Don't ask for boosting requests here. Use the sessions section of the site
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2023 at 11:21 PM, dieselmanchild said:

This is interesting. Can someone fill me in I’m completely out of the loop here... for this exploit, the platinum would mistakenly pop for anybody who joined a lobby with another player who had it? How does something like that happen or even work?

I’d heard a few different people mention this exploit this past week and just assumed it was a known glitch, not one that was newly discovered. It’s also interesting how quickly the developers rushed to fix this too. If only we saw that kind of hustle when it concerned game breaking bugs, trophy glitches etc.

Exactly. When something helps the players = fix it! When something brings down players' experience - leave it and focus on your next product.

• Like 2

Is there a place where the developer is keeping its players updated on the progress of the patch like on some type of social media account?

I'm curious about this game but I want to see if I I have time to go for the bug or not.  

If not, it is fine.  I can take it or leave it.

The only other time I've kept track of a patch was the one for Shadow of Mordor.  Monolith used Discord to let interested people updated on the progress of the patch.

12 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Is there a place where the developer is keeping its players updated on the progress of the patch like on some type of social media account?

I'm curious about this game but I want to see if I I have time to go for the bug or not.  

If not, it is fine.  I can take it or leave it.

The only other time I've kept track of a patch was the one for Shadow of Mordor.  Monolith used Discord to let interested people updated on the progress of the patch.

They give updates on their own forum

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

So, does it have to be a person strictly from EU?

If you mean European Union - no. The game slotted me into the Russian servers fsr, but I could manually access all servers globally.

But I think you need to play on the same version as the other player because of the separate trophy lists for US and EU (japan does not have the bug at all).

57 minutes ago, shadaik said:

If you mean European Union - no. The game slotted me into the Russian servers fsr, but I could manually access all servers globally.

But I think you need to play on the same version as the other player because of the separate trophy lists for US and EU (japan does not have the bug at all).

I've meant Europe of course. So it's region based, gotcha. Still looking for a kind soul to help me out with this one.

I tried this game on my alt account, and I can't seem to find anyone in a server with the platinum. Every time I searched, I would maybe get 1-2 trophies, and I think currently it has around 50% unlocked. What should I be looking out for when it comes to finding people?

3 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I tried this game on my alt account, and I can't seem to find anyone in a server with the platinum. Every time I searched, I would maybe get 1-2 trophies, and I think currently it has around 50% unlocked. What should I be looking out for when it comes to finding people?

I guess it has to be someone who has the platinum, right? Maybe you have encountered people who don't have it yet?

4 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Keep trying,eventually you will find someone 

Patience

2 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

So it's region based

It's not.

It works regardless of what version you're playing (NA or EU), and regardless of the region version your co-op "partner" is playing.

Where either of you are currently located in the world doesn't matter. Someone in Japan could be playing the NA version and join someone in Canada playing the EU version and it'd still work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

I guess it has to be someone who has the platinum, right? Maybe you have encountered people who don't have it yet?

I tried joining around a dozen lobbies yesterday and managed to only get an extra 2 trophies.

But can it be "anyone" that has the platinum or does it need to be in a game world where the platinum was unlocked through gameplay?

Like if I join a friend of mine who got the plat by joining someone else, will I get the plat as well or does it have to be a game where the plat was earned legitimately?

Edited by Jerry_Appleby

2 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I tried joining around a dozen lobbies yesterday and managed to only get an extra 2 trophies.

But can it be "anyone" that has the platinum or does it need to be in a game world where the platinum was unlocked through gameplay?

Like if I join a friend of mine who got the plat by joining someone else, will I get the plat as well or does it have to be a game where the plat was earned legitimately?

I got it in someone's world that auto-popped the plat like how I got it. Never played it legit. And I had several people joining my lobby and they all got it that way as well. 

9 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

I got it in someone's world that auto-popped the plat like how I got it. Never played it legit. And I had several people joining my lobby and they all got it that way as well. 

Thanks for the clarification! I will message my friend when he is on to see if it works!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

It did not work for me. My friend has the platinum from autopopping the game himself (lighteningfingaz). He hosted a public game and I joined it, no trophies popped.

What are we doing wrong? 

Edit: we finally got it to work. I had to delete him off my friends list and join him again. For some reason it was not working at all with my alt account, I think something glitched and the game thinks I have the plat so none of the trophy triggers worked on anyone I joined.

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

It's not.

It works regardless of what version you're playing (NA or EU), and regardless of the region version your co-op "partner" is playing.

Where either of you are currently located in the world doesn't matter. Someone in Japan could be playing the NA version and join someone in Canada playing the EU version and it'd still work.

Ok. Thanks for the valuable information.

• Like 1

I can’t figure out how to get it to work. I have the platinum, but my wife joins my lobby without it unlocking anything. Public lobby, no invite, she took me off her friends list, etc.

There is something I’m missing, obviously.

EDIT: never mind, after rejoining my lobby three more times it suddenly worked. Not sure why, but oh well!

Edited by Alayaes
  • Like 1

For those who wonder if the plat is still available with this method - I can confirm that it works as for today. I was able to boost it with the kind help of user xFe4r-Boy who has also set a session on this site. I've tried the boosting with one of my long time friends previously and it didn't work but that's probably because he's also got the plat after joining someone. He has spend a couple hours in the game itself but it doesn't work this way as it seems. Some people claim that the host's platinum is the only thing you need. If it doesn't work then rejoining may work. Good luck to everyone!