Developers are finally aware of the trophy bug

PatrickPCRE5

9 hours ago, imminent-file5 said:

If it's a shovelware plat then wouldn't that mean the whole game is just shovelware. 1f913.png

Hmm no, in my opinion. As it's been said, Stranded Deep is indeed a legitimately game, and getting the Platinum the intended way is one thing: using this bug to pop it in few seconds without playing the game at all is another.

Getting this platinum in few seconds with this bug is totally worthless: when looking at people's profiles and spotting it, I definitely look down upon it just like any jumping shit.

Edit: Didn't read your post properly and misunderstood 

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

I am honestly suprised it has not been reported sooner - because i've seen a few people gatekeeping this platinum, as if you try to do the exploit they would see it as deemed inlegit (wouldn't suprise me if the bug was reported by one of those people because it took the developers a week to find out about it).

I had it in my UR cabinet for about 2 days or so before people caught on, on the bug and then it dropped fairly quickly to a VR.

But i do feel bad for the people that have done it legit, and now it having as an autopop option ruining it's UR score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrinceOfPeace said:

Good, it will now give some people something worthy of being displayed in their trophy cabinet.

trophy.gif

Not gonna lie, I have seen people having Fall Guys' Infallible Trophy in their cabinet, then I look at the date they achieved it, and it's May 14 2021. ?

9 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

I find it curious that when the glitch is an exploit, the devs run like crazy to fix it, but when it's something that prevents the player from getting a trophy, they take their time before deciding if it's worth or not.

Yup well, no sales are lost on a glitched trophy.

But many people downloaded a game for free JUST to get the platinum and instantly delete it. Well those are potential sale months or years in the future. All gone

The people who got Stranded Deep the most I guess now are the devs. lol

Edited by enaysoft

35 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

I am honestly suprised it has not been reported sooner - because i've seen a few people gatekeeping this platinum, as if you try to do the exploit they would see it as deemed inlegit (wouldn't suprise me if the bug was reported by one of those people because it took the developers a week to find out about it).

I had it in my UR cabinet for about 2 days or so before people caught on, on the bug and then it dropped fairly quickly to a VR.

But i do feel bad for the people that have done it legit, and now it having as an autopop option ruining it's UR score.

I had the NA stack for more than a year and it was at 1.74% rarity, I was planning to do the EU stack legitimately eventually up until this glitch was discovered, rip to both UR platinums from my collection?

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yup well, no sales are lost on a glitched trophy.

But many people downloaded a game for free JUST to get the platinum and instantly delete it. Well those are potential sale months or years in the future. All gone

The people who got Stranded Deep the most I guess now are the devs. lol

I do love a free platinum but I preferred to keep the platinum as UR better, but that's all history now

24 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Not gonna lie, I have seen people having Fall Guys' Infallible Trophy in their cabinet, then I look at the date they achieved it, and it's May 14 2021. ?

This is the 3rd time I had a UR platinum achieved that become VR, looks like it's back to drawing board to accumulate back that amount yet again

12 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

I spent a good few weeks getting all Blackout trophies in black ops 4 just for those devs to hand out the trophy to everyone upon launching the game which I was never hugely concerned about.

If devs do anything to make trophies easier (whether intentional or not), it shouldn't matter how people got it. And to be 'looked down on' by taking advantage of a glitch/oversight is ridiculous. Such an elitist mindset. It's as if people are new to exploits and glitches. Of course you're allowed to feel a sense of pride for doing something the hard way because that feeling of achievement is what trophies is all about, but looking down on others for how they like to handle their profile is gatekeepy and a beta mentality.

The game's the game.

I rmb there was a trophy in tomb raider 2013 where you need purchase all characters which took a lot grindings, somehow after getting the trophy and the platinum, the dev decided to release a patch a day later to remove one of the character which made the trophy much less grindy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Hmm no, in my opinion. As it's been said, Stranded Deep is indeed a legitimately game, and getting the Platinum the intended way is one thing: using this bug to pop it in few seconds without playing the game at all is another.

Getting this platinum in few seconds with this bug is totally worthless: when looking at people's profiles and spotting it, I definitely look down upon it just like any jumping shit.

Edit: Didn't read your post properly and misunderstood 

If there is a bug that auto pop trophies in Witcher 3, it consider a shovelware game?

54 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Care to elaborate?

There was a glitch where you could earn the trophy for winnig 5 games in a row, which for many was a platinum stopper, in private matches. As far as I recall, nothing else could pop in private matches, so you still had to do everything else legit, including winning 30(?) games. And back then, there weren't as many modes where you could win 5 games straight without too much hassle.

He is implying that people glitched the trophy, yet are so proud of it they display it in their cabinet. Can't really disagree with the point. but I would have chosen different words. This is coming from someone who took advantage of that glitch BTW.

• Like 1

About lost sales: Does anybody know how Extra games work in terms of money for the devs/publisher? Like, do they get paid a one-time amount by Sony in advance or is their pay based on download numbers?Because I  have seen both happen in subscription models depending on who runs the service.

2 minutes ago, shadaik said:

About lost sales: Does anybody know how Extra games work in terms of money for the devs/publisher? Like, do they get paid a one-time amount by Sony in advance or is their pay based on download numbers?Because I  have seen both happen in subscription models depending on who runs the service.

I don't think it was ever fully disclosed, but I imagine it's a one time fee. Just like when games are added to regular plus.

I know from my perspective that my video I made a week ago probably added to the exposure this viral platinum exploit gained, but hey, we can't help that the exploit existed, nor can we help the fact that people chose to take advantage of the exploit.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

My ONLY regret is that I ONLY got the NA & EU platinum's. I also wanted the JP stack. Damn it! ?

The JP stack wasn't updated to the version that had the exploit anyway, so the exploit was never available there. 

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I spent a good few weeks getting all Blackout trophies in black ops 4 just for those devs to hand out the trophy to everyone upon launching the game which I was never hugely concerned about.

If devs do anything to make trophies easier (whether intentional or not), it shouldn't matter how people got it. And to be 'looked down on' by taking advantage of a glitch/oversight is ridiculous. Such an elitist mindset. It's as if people are new to exploits and glitches. Of course you're allowed to feel a sense of pride for doing something the hard way because that feeling of achievement is what trophies is all about, but looking down on others for how they like to handle their profile is gatekeepy and a beta mentality.

The game's the game.

Doing something in an easier way is one thing, being given the Platinum for doing literally nothing in few seconds/minutes without even playing the game at all is another.

Free to call me an elitist, but I'm also free to have my opinion on it.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

If there is a bug that auto pop trophies in Witcher 3, it consider a shovelware game?

The game no, of course. But if I see the Platinum achieved by autopopping it due to this glitch, then yes, to my eyes it has the same credibility of any jumping shit. 

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2