Developers are finally aware of the trophy bug

PatrickPCRE5

19 minutes ago, Zipp Storm said:

I’m waiting for the comments from people who didn’t get to do it :P

I didn't get to join somebody's game to pop all the trophies in seconds, now I'll have to be content with all the other 15 second platinums!

43iv8l.jpg

Glad they fixed it even though it took them a while, some glitches are better off alone but this isn't one of them. Hopefully people will still play the game and "reward" the developers for fixing the bug. I should get to it someday as well.

That must have been beneficial in some way. Whether it's the unexpected increase in the number of Ps Plus Premium downloads, or people who bought this at the last minute because of the bug, maybe both versions. so for sure there were gains due to this bug. plus the game gained notoriety, and a portion of people actually played the game for sure.

48 minutes ago, Zipp Storm said:

I’m waiting for the comments from people who didn’t get to do it :P

Earlier today I saw a guy on an Italian Facebook page about Trophy hunting looking for help in this game

I really hope he found no one :P

Just now, cy1999aek_maik said:

I'm surprised the plat rarity only plummeted to 6.61%. 

I second this, granted I didn't do the math, but by looking how it became one of the most played games here on PSNP and how vocal the forum was, I got the impression that it would get to at least 10% on both stacks.

26 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Glad they fixed it even though it took them a while, some glitches are better off alone but this isn't one of them. Hopefully people will still play the game and "reward" the developers for fixing the bug. I should get to it someday as well.

More likely their "reward" is less people buying the game. I know I won't be buying the EU version next time it's on sale now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

More likely their "reward" is less people buying the game. I know I won't be buying the EU version next time it's on sale now.

I'm of the opinion that fixing game bugs that alter the possible experience in a major way, should be applauded when fixed. I already have the game from Plus if I recall, but I might stack it just to throw some money their way for dealing with a glitch this way.

Nevertheless, you're unfortunately right, I'm sure their sales will decrease now since people can't get a quick rush of dopamine from "earning" everything fast.

2 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

Yeah, but it's no longer ultra rare so the "damage" (yes, that word was actually used unironically to describe the rarity drop) has been done. ?

Anyway, I look forward to eventually giving this game a go.  I have my reservations as I've heard it's buggy and frustrating but as a huge Subnautica fan it already has a promising premise. 

6 hours ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I'm kinda not, I've seen it a fair few times when exploits come for certain games and generally it seems like people overestimate the amount of influence the hardcore trophy hunting scene who hop on these exploits actually have. It can be more significant if the game has low sales prior, but for anything with half decent game owner numbers already it's usually not as there's just not enough people in this niche.

Even so, some influence has still been had, I had a screenshot of it before things took off out of curiosity to compare and if I remember correctly it was just above 2% (2.2 maybe?) for EU. So in that respect it's pretty much tripled in achievers, the difference can totally be seen proportionally because it was quite rare to start. But I never expected achiever rate to go much higher, it ended up about where I estimated (a bit shorter actually lol). There was no way in hell it would have hit 10%+ IMO.

Couple others I've seen it with off the top of my head were the changes to Sims 4 and the Fall Guys Infallible exploit and in both of those the change wasn't especially dramatic on those either.

I remember talking to someone about this because of Hollow Knight and the implication that if the exploit for that wasn't found there it would have be 'x' rarity but, whilst I agree a lot of people may have used it, the data I've seen on other games suggests not that many proportionally speaking jump onto exploits and a good chunk of the achievement rate is going to just be because it's an awesome game well worth the effort ;).

I think another thing you can do to have an idea of scale is to have a look at the game owner numbers on shovelware games, that gives an idea of the kind of numbers you can find in the hardcore niche of this scene. For a random choice I picked Stroke the Spider and it says just over 1,000 (EU). That's a lot of people buying that junk, sure, but there's almost 6 million profiles tracked on this site according to the front page. It's a small niche.

1 hour ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Now we wait for the devs to release a DLC with trophies just to see all the completionists suffer ? (I'd still do it haha)

A long and hard one too xD maybe even pretty expensive to boot. 

On 31/07/2023 at 11:55 PM, Jerry_Appleby said:

Now we wait for the devs to release a DLC with trophies just to see all the completionists suffer ? (I'd still do it haha)

They could have done it previously, even before the fast plat glitch. :) I hate when this happens and the whole DLC thing. Back in the day the products were sold as a whole, not in "parts". :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

They could have done it previously, even before the fast plat glitch. :) I hate when this happens and the whole DLC thing. Back in the day the products were sold as a whole, not in "parts". :)

We just think its "whole" because there weren't options to do dlc or extra content.

Well if you did not do the glitch in time then nobody wants to see people moan about it as they took their time in patching it out. I actually played and enjoyed the game, granted some stuff in the game and the mechanics could be very much improved and the potential is really there, but it was a decent game for what it was, and I enjoyed it for the most part.

• Like 1