Developers are finally aware of the trophy bug

PatrickPCRE5

13 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I can't blame people for downloading the game to efortlessly earn a platinum without even enjoying the game but what sucks is that this glitch messed with the rarity of the platinum trophy. If at least half the players taking advantage of this exploit had earned a non-autopped trophy on a blank account, the platinum could still be an ultra rare one. 

Good idea, I will do it when the developers finally fix this bug first, I want my UR platinums back?

2 hours ago, cybershark91 said:

After reading this I finally understand why suddenly everyone is playing this game xD dosen‘t realy look like something special, that‘s why I was so supprised about the number of recent players

Whenever there is a way to unlock a platinum quickly without actually playing the game, you can always expect huge spike in players. Doesn't happen often, thankfully.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cybershark91 said:

After reading this I finally understand why suddenly everyone is playing this game xD dosen‘t realy look like something special, that‘s why I was so supprised about the number of recent players

True,I had 0 interest in this game but since it was available at no cost why not. Similar to ARK. ?

On 16 July 2023 at 6:24 PM, shadaik said:

I think this is an issue of terminology here.

"Shovelware" is any game that has been made with little effort for a quick buck, usually of shoddy quality. It ha snothing to do with how easy or hard its trophies are and predates trophies and achievements by at least a decade, though trophies do provide a good incentive to buying shovelware, making its production more attractive.

I find this a common thing among the trophy community generally. Mistakingly blanket using a term for other things because these other things become closely associated, such as shovelware these days being commonly easy/quick platinums and therefore easy/quick gets wrongly attributed to the term shovelware.

Back in the day I remember my pet peeve being the use of the term 'boosting' for any act in which multiple players are going for a trophy together. People would label going for co-op trophies as 'boosting' even though the term is specifically a competitive multiplayer term. I can see where this came from, potentially. I reckon it came from boosting sessions here where people, for the sake of ease, just leave their session label as 'boosting' and don't change it to reflect cooperative sessions. That and I believe .org (I could be wrong) just had blanket boosting threads(?).

Shovelware has been around forever, from the crash inciting Atari era all the way up until today with highlights being platforms with large marketshares like the PS2 and Wii and places such as Steam and mobile which for a time were considered to have much less quality control (don't think we can claim any high ground on them anymore lol). To assign shovelware status based on what trophies/achievements they have would feel bizzare and result in games just being tarred with a status they don't deserve.

As you'd pointed out, there are some hard and/or rare trophy shovelware and a lot of the time it's because they're broken. Games with trophies such as beat 'X' without taking damage but the games so janky with BS hitboxes damage is basically unavoidable. Or maybe the enemy doesn't even spawn in and quite literally cannot be defeated, or hasn't been coded to take damage xD plenty of 0.00% rarity shovelware out there too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I can't blame people for downloading the game to efortlessly earn a platinum without even enjoying the game but what sucks is that this glitch messed with the rarity of the platinum trophy. If at least half the players taking advantage of this exploit had earned a non-autopped trophy on a blank account, the platinum could still be an ultra rare one. 

While I agree with the concept, it would take a lot more than that.  Take the EU stack, for instance.  There's currently 95k owners and 5.2k Plats for a Plat percentage of 5.48%.  I don't have the exact numbers from before this began, but I recall someone in the superthread for this saying Plat percent was at 1.72%.  That would mean that at around 90k players, only 1500 would have Plat.  So if the game added 3500 Plats and 3500+ new owners since this bug was found, adding an additional 1750 blank accounts without Plat would only bring the current total players to just under 97k, which would still be a Plat percent of 5.36%.  To get back to UR without another Plat owner being added would require nearly 10k new owners, which means each of the 3500 new Plats would need 3 new blank accounts each.  And to keep it under 5%, every new Plat that's earned between now and the fix being deployed would take another 19+ new non-plats to keep the Plat UR from that point on.

1 hour ago, Matto_lsi said:

While I agree with the concept, it would take a lot more than that.  Take the EU stack, for instance.  There's currently 95k owners and 5.2k Plats for a Plat percentage of 5.48%.  I don't have the exact numbers from before this began, but I recall someone in the superthread for this saying Plat percent was at 1.72%.  That would mean that at around 90k players, only 1500 would have Plat.  So if the game added 3500 Plats and 3500+ new owners since this bug was found, adding an additional 1750 blank accounts without Plat would only bring the current total players to just under 97k, which would still be a Plat percent of 5.36%.  To get back to UR without another Plat owner being added would require nearly 10k new owners, which means each of the 3500 new Plats would need 3 new blank accounts each.  And to keep it under 5%, every new Plat that's earned between now and the fix being deployed would take another 19+ new non-plats to keep the Plat UR from that point on.

It's done and dusted unfortunately, the rarity is gonna keep increasing to atleast 7-8% before the dev eventually decided to roll out a patch, the NA stack was at 1.74% while the EU stack was around 2.3%, while I popped the EU platinum using the bug, I knew I would lose 2 UR platinums from my collections the moment everyone noticed this exploit

Edited by PatrickPCRE5

On 7/16/2023 at 1:44 PM, RetroFeniks said:

I swear, caring about other people's trophies and actively hating on profiles is the saddest thing I've ever seen on this forum. It's none of your business yet the amount of energy it must cost to hate on things like these. 

Honestly, I ran into a few people like that because of my plats which is sad. 

• Like 2

On 17/07/2023 at 4:57 AM, Alayaes said:

I'm picturing some of the people on PSN Profiles adding a link to their trophy card on the bottom of their resume when they go apply for a job, lol.

Funny enough, one time when I used to work at a gaming store, a customer applied and wrote my name on his resume as a reference because I knew he shopped at the store. I didn't know him personally and I also did not give him permission to do that, so when I read your response I could totally see this happening! ?? 

On topic though, I don't care if someone autopops this or does it legit, as long as they don't brag about "earning" the plat as if they did anything (saw one of the earlier posters bragging a while ago about a plat that someone else did for him as if he did it himself ? ). 

42 minutes ago, PH-SniperBR said:

It is still working of today, just gave a friend of mine this platinum 

Noice! But unfortunately probably by the time I get to pull this out of my backlog, it might have been patched by then.