Developers are finally aware of the trophy bug

PatrickPCRE5

23 minutes ago, shadaik said:

I think this is an issue of terminology here.

"Shovelware" is any game that has been made with little effort for a quick buck, usually of shoddy quality. It ha snothing to do with how easy or hard its trophies are and predates trophies and achievements by at least a decade, though trophies do provide a good incentive to buying shovelware, making its production more attractive.

A shovelware game can have a 10/10 platinum (Space Invasion might count, a simple Space Invaders clone with an almost impossible 100%) or one of the most sophisticated works ever can have a 1/10 (most visual novels are anything but shovelware, yet often have plats above 90%). It's simply not related.

I'm old enough to remember that it was (primarily) shovelware that nearly killed the video game industry in the 80's, particularly the Atari 2600. It's been around as long as video games have, and you are correct....it has nothing to do with difficulty. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
rewording

There may be this inconsistency of words you mentioned, but I will still look down upon any Stranded Deep Platinum achieved by autopopping it, just like I have always looked down upon any jumping shit. ??‍♀️

Both are worthless, take no effort and deserve no respect: in the case of Stranded Deep, it also ruined the rarity of an Ultra Rare Platinum for several, legit players.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, imminent-file5 said:

It's free on PS Plus extra, there ain't no sales for this. 1f602.png

Thats not necessarily true

Its an unknown contract between sony and the game developers

No one in there right mind is going to say sure, just give our game away for free to specific tier subscribers

theres a royalty involved

Just now, Darkette said:

I see you’ve done 36 fragments at least once in your lifetime, along with a nice blue H on your profile. Always weird to be so judgemental about other’s game choices, but moreso when your profile has what you would criticise, lol.

36 Fragments of Midnight is not shovelware at all: it requires a bit of time and platforming skills, and I also made my young sister play it, years ago. Nice try, through. Why didn't you mock for My Name is Mayo instead?

The blue H is because of the forced Fall Guys second list autopop, since I don't like having the same game multiple times in my profile. I never cheated Trophies to the point of being flagged and having to hide games. And even if I did, this has nothing to do with this situation.

33 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

36 Fragments of Midnight is not shovelware at all

https://imgur.com/Wge31s1

it requires a bit of time and platforming skills

You were told before that this has zero relevance for the question if something is shovelware or not.

Why didn't you mock for My Name is Mayo instead?

Because My Name is Mayo is not shovelware.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

25 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

You were told before that this has zero relevance for the question if something is shovelware or not.

Doesn't matter what the others say. 36 Fragments of Midnight has a clear objective, various goals to achieve, it's a legit game and has a decent replay value. That's more than enough of a reason for me to having played it.

Definitely different than what I consider to be real shovelware, such as the jumping chocolate.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

I have to agree about 36 Fragments. It even has a speedrun trophy.

Yeah, they had to answer back but since they didn't find any shitty autopopped worthless Platinum in my profile they had to find something else to mock me about

Hell they even mentioned me having hidden Trophies (That has nothing to do with this situation either way) without knowing why, implying that I cheated games and got flagged ?

Edited by KenjiCBZ

I can't blame people for downloading the game to efortlessly earn a platinum without even enjoying the game but what sucks is that this glitch messed with the rarity of the platinum trophy. If at least half the players taking advantage of this exploit had earned a non-autopped trophy on a blank account, the platinum could still be an ultra rare one. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Darkette said:

I see you’re still struggling with the comparison. I’ll try and structure it in a way you might (probably not) comprehend. 

36 Fragments, as a game and platinum as a whole is about as worthless as an autopop. If you even remotely struggled with it or consider the “speedrun” to be difficult in any capacity, then I apologise. My point was that I find it heavily biased for you to criticise jumping games and autopops and do a game so lackluster of content and difficulty yourself. Hope that clears things up, and yes, mayo also applies.

Your Blue H of shame: Again, i wasn’t implying you were cheating. Just merely laughing at the fact you’re incredibly judgemental about other profiles yet yours has hidden trophies. Good luck, i’m sure you’ll find a way to misread or misunderstand, so i won’t comment further.

Disagree about 36 Fragments

And what you just said about the hidden Trophies thing has no sense

You're not gonna reply anymore, so neither will I

Bye ??