Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

4 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

I'll slowly but surely work at this then. Hate how they seem to only run the odd tournament with time slots. I'd say have multiple time slots PER DAY, and multiple for each rank so people don't have to fight/flood a server to enter.

Dont know if it is what you mean, but usually they run three tournaments of each group of ranks at the same time...

1 minute ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Dont know if it is what you mean, but usually they run three tournaments of each group of ranks at the same time...

I checked and there is only one atm.

But they should have multiple for each ranking, and every 2hrs should be a tournament. Just allow them to refresh endlessly.

8 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

I checked and there is only one atm.

But they should have multiple for each ranking, and every 2hrs should be a tournament. Just allow them to refresh endlessly.

Havent checked on the new ones but in the past there was 3 of each... maybe they saw that the last two had only 1-2 ppl... But since this tournaments weren advertised on SM then the amount of ppl will be lower...

14 hours ago, Pokkit_ said:

Can you check when tournaments are happening via online? Without having to go into the game to check?

I could've swore I read somewhere that if tournaments were being held they would be posted on the official site's schedule, but I don't see it: https://www.streetfighter.com/6/buckler/event/schedule

Yeah not only is the schedule atrocious but with no way to check online I never know when they happen

On 8/19/2023 at 1:04 AM, shadowblade528 said:

Idk about the empty room thing. I doubt it. To answer your other question, yes, you just have to win 10 matches. If you somehow ended up winning every match in one tournament, you'd get the trophy.

I won a tournament and didn't get the trophy. It was a 32 player tournament. Need minimum of 2 tournament entries to get the trophy. 

8 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I won a tournament and didn't get the trophy. It was a 32 player tournament. Need minimum of 2 tournament entries to get the trophy. 

What does your trophy progress look like on PS5? How many wins did it count?

Edited by shadowblade528
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

so if you win via BYE does that give you wins toward the 5 tournaments?

Well, the 5 tournaments trophy just ask to enter, so I suppose it counts even if you win it all by BYE. I just dont think it works towards wins for the 10 wins matches in tournaments.

Btw, there is three tournaments per group of ranks as before, most of them are full, lets see if the server doesn't explode.

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

Well, the 5 tournaments trophy just ask to enter, so I suppose it counts even if you win it all by BYE. I just dont think it works towards wins for the 10 wins matches in tournaments.

i meant the 10 wons which iirc was reading that if you win 1 round, not match. round. it counts as 1 of 10? unless they updated it lol

Btw, there is three tournaments per group of ranks as before, most of them are full, lets see if the server doesn't explode.

i hope they don't. If they continue to then damn....

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i meant the 10 wons which iirc was reading that if you win 1 round, not match. round. it counts as 1 of 10? unless they updated it lol

I think only full matches counts, the clarification was that you need to win 2 of 3 matches to pass a round, so passing a round gave you 2 wins. But I'm not 100% sure so someone that could try it can give you a better answer.

• Like 1

I think only full matches counts, the clarification was that you need to win 2 of 3 matches to pass a round, so passing a round gave you 2 wins. But I'm not 100% sure so someone that could try it can give you a better answer.

13 mins to go. This is both exciting and scary. Will it work? will it bust? i havent played since around launch so will I get wrecked? probably lol. YAY for trying haha

18 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I believe its best out of 3 sets, so you can win 2.

After 10 minutes looking for a spot, i finally got one in  Europe008. I waites 20 minutes and when the time came, my entry was cancelled.

Dude, i dont know. Capcom really has problems when it comes to online things.

Edited by Nego_Brown_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nego_Brown_ said:

After 10 minutes looking for a spot, i finally got one in  Europe008. I waites 20 minutes and when the time came, my entry was cancelled.

Dude, i dont know. Capcom really has problems when it comes to online things.

Same here, my entry was cancelled because I’m not in battlehub? I stayed at sign-up screen.