Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

On 8/28/2023 at 5:37 PM, shadowblade528 said:

The real problem with SF6 tournaments right now is that you have to wait for them to happen. They're a scheduled event, not just a mode you can select. They also are highly likely to mess up even when they do happen.

Ill answer by your answer yes, its the same mess sadly, bizarre hours to join, errors to join the room, and sometimes it takes seconds to join just to be kicked for unknown reasons

1 minute ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Would I need to join any PSN group or just show up on NA 19 at the time of the tourney? are people giving each other wins first two rounds and then legit competing for the final one?

Whoever sees this post, just show up to NA 19 on time for each tournament. Each person gives away a win for the first two rounds, and you actually compete for the final one. I can post the idea to Twitter too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shadowblade528 said:

Whoever sees this post, just show up to NA 19 on time for each tournament. Each person gives away a win for the first two rounds, and you actually compete for the final one. I can post the idea to Twitter too. 

Great, will do like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

Does anybody know if masters players can get into the plat-diamond tourney ones?

Plat 1 to Diamond 5 is already a massive skill gap lol

no lol Well not technically.  I'm about to be a master with two more characters.  While there are people who are staying in ranks for trophy purposes, the majotiry of the trophy hunters are just bad.

Edited by grimydawg___

5 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Does each round count or winning the set? 

I stayed in rookie rank thinking that it might be easier, probably just be full of smurfs. Silver/gold will be more difficult. 

Tournaments are set up just like ranked matches. The first person with two wins moves on. So if we each lose one match it'll be 1-1 and we'll get a final match where we actually try to win to advance. That way, everyone gets at least one guaranteed win. I went 1-2 in a tournament and that one match win counted on my trophy progress, even though I lost right at the beginning.

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

no lol Well not technically.  I'm about to be a master with two more characters.  While there are people who are staying in ranks for trophy purposes, the majotiry of the trophy hunters are just bad.

Masters in this game is achievable with a 43% win rate, nothing to be proud of lol

It's always funny to see all those Masters players that got there spamming thousands of games and then they can't even keep their MR above 1500 points, that's the true indicator of skill.

1 hour ago, iFraaN97 said:

Masters in this game is achievable with a 43% win rate, nothing to be proud of lol

It's always funny to see all those Masters players that got there spamming thousands of games and then they can't even keep their MR above 1500 points, that's the true indicator of skill.

Most Masters win percentage is actually winning, believe it or not. 

4 hours ago, shadowblade528 said:

Tournaments are set up just like ranked matches. The first person with two wins moves on. So if we each lose one match it'll be 1-1 and we'll get a final match where we actually try to win to advance. That way, everyone gets at least one guaranteed win. I went 1-2 in a tournament and that one match win counted on my trophy progress, even though I lost right at the beginning.

Sounds good, i mean ive avoided rank just so i can place in lower tournaments. Oh well with enough tournaments available i think ill get it. They just need to be more frequent