Hall of Prestige Platinums

DarknessKey92

Time Crisis Razing Storm

1S054462.png - .08% Rarity (24 Achievers)

The issue in this game for the dedicated trophy hunter is not the MP grind but the Arcade. In classic arcade style the requirements to earn the trophies require immeasurable patience and skill. This is easily seen in that many of the trophies for the arcade modes (Sentry and Arcade) are all under .25% Rarity. Along with a story mode that uses a unique cover and shoot system along with its own punishing trophies (Elevator Boy, Perfect Defense) and two collectible trophies that are at .46% and .34% Rarity respectively the story mode is no walk in the park either. Did I mention the MP is also a huge grind requiring a player to reach max level 3 times (i.e. Prestige 3) along with requiring 7,650 kills in Multiplayer.

• Like 4

1. WWE '13

2. 1Lbe879c.png

3. This platinum is an ultra rare .85% for its online trophy requirements. The online trophies not only require users to review and comment on USER CREATIONS, which if done legit, you have to have a really really well designed character that people download often. Otherwise you will be lost in the shuffle of thousands of creations. The major online trophy is 

4S8d4b00.png King of the world
Achieve the maximum rank online. 27th Jan 2014
8:46:44 PM 0.92%
ULTRA RARE 40-gold.png

The grind for this trophy is very long 80-100 hours as you need to around 1.6 million XP to reach top rank. The average amount of XP earned from a "typical" match is around 2k. This means that it takes roughly 800 wins to reach max rank. Another challenge to this trophy is the fact that as you level up, if you face someone of a lower level, you take an XP hit for facing a lower level player. This is my proudest platinum and is the rarest in my collection and certainly deserves a spot in the Hall of Prestige Platinums

• Like 2

Child of Eden- 1.02%

1L691db2.png

It's an pretty unknown game but there is a reason it was hardest game of 2011/2012 on PS3trophies.org.    It's a musical on-rail shooter where it has  only 5 levels plus one bonus but it's very hard as you have to score at least 800,000 pts in each one. To do that you have to kill every enemy to get 100% but at the same time you must time it to the beat of the music and you need to build up to 8x multiplier in order to reach 800,000 pts. You can only mess up the multiplier 2 or 3 times before you must start over. Some of the levels it's much harder just to score as the  music  tempos change and sometimes there is no sound so you must time it perfectly. You must do this on normal and hard mode. Hard mode there is more to kill and you can only take 3 hits before you dead that is if you get health packs. It will take many attempts just to get used to scoring to the beat of the music. Then is a bonus level which is long and you can only take 3 hits before dead but at least all you got to do is clear it. 

• Like 1

1. Gran Turismo 5

2. 1L5ae327.png

3. This platinum has a 0.95% rarity, and is one of the most challenging platinums i have come across, whilst being a really long grind, considering you have to do at least 2 24 hour races, but you also have to try and get 3 golds on the Sebastien Vettel challenges which is the most difficult thing i have tried in a racing game, considering i am quite an experienced racer also. This takes hours of practice and i think this definetly deserves a spot in the hall of platinums.

Gran Turismo 5

1L5ae327.png

This platinum is ultra rare because of Gold Standard which requires you to get a gold trophy in every race, license test and special event which takes quite a bit of actual skill, especially if you use a DualShock. The Vettel challenges are especially difficult and some people have reported a single track requiring over 20 hours of gameplay to gold. As the time I'm typing this, the Gran Turismo 5 platinum's rarity is 0.95%

Parker

Beat me to it :(

Edited by Precision-Playy

Lost planet 2 (i don't have the platinum tho :P)

1Se0766f.png 0.19% UR

Reasons:

There is only one trophy that makes this game utter impossible to get. The trophy requires you to get all the "good job awards"(wich are kinda challenges you have to complete in the campaign) items, weapons, career levels and "Noms de guerre"(wich are another set of challenges including multiplayer & time trials.)

One of these noms de guerre requires you to be in first in the world on a time trial. Doing that now, is just impossible since all the times are Hacked.

Overall this platinum will take you about 500-1000 hours to complete.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 3

Fight Night Round 4

1S71a858.png

In order to get this trophy you have have the championship belt online in any weight class. That means being #1 in the freaking world in the respective weight class. If that's not prestigious I don't know what is!  

I don't know about this game, apparently the belts are just usually hoarded by people and the only way to get it off the hoarders is to pay them off.

If you look @ PlaystationTrophies there is a drama about it: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fight-night-round-4/116354-l-xl-xxl-boosting-thread.html

1L23c474.png

Carnival Island

0.66%

Yes, I know this just looks like a kids game but rest assured this is one of the toughest platinums you will ever go for. The INSANE requirements needed to gold every event requires pixel perfect precision and only through intense training and luck will you gold them. The thing is this game isn't broken or anything like that. The difficulty truly comes from just how perfect you have to be to succeed.

This game acts like a real carnival where it lets you get just far enough that you want to keep coming back to beat it, but you will never beat it because Carnies are the scum of the Earth. :angry:

Finally here are some choice quotes from people who have actually platinumed the game :)

MeTaLHearT

The frog's challenges will make you suffer.

squodge

Anyway, the trophies that will prevent most people from getting the platinum are to complete ALL challenges on ALL games. I don't see many people (if any) getting the platinum any time soon. And the frog bog games are definitely the hardest ones to get even a couple of challenges done.

rachadzd

frown.gifGuys, i still have the "Hot Shot" game- the legend mission- to finish before getting the Platinum. this is where you must catch 40 balls in a row. Oh God, it's so so so difficult. confused.gif

MMDE

I'm truly impressed though! Now that I got this game, I know it's not easy! Haven't been doing it for too long, but some of these challenges are just insane. I think I will be able to do most of them if I just try for long enough, but I have a hard time believing that I ever will be able to complete them all.

Maldovar

After much pain and suffering it's down to Shell Beach for me. Then I just need to mop up the coop trophies. This game is definitely harfer than it looks at first glance to the point of getting me to wonder at times if the entire dev team were sadists or if it was just one member of the crew. Be prepared to often have to spend a while trying to get a feel for a certain ahot type just to complete a given challenge then spend more time trting to get things to fall together so you can pull it off.

alexortega3032

This is a 10/10 plat, no question about it. You need skill & luck in most of the challenges. With that said, all challenges are doable if you keep trying. You will feel good when you get the plat, I was so happy when I got it biggrin.gif

alberick

voted a 10 because by the time you take on the challenges, there is a major risk that you'll throw the Move controller right thru your TV, and shoot your PS3 right out of your window, thus losing all your save data which in turn makes in impossible to plat.

Kudos to the people who took on all challenges and got the plat for this.

I think in the end this game acts as a tougher platinum than games like Ninja Gaiden or Street Fighter 4. See those games are notorious for their platinums so gamers know what they are getting into. Carnival Island looks like a kids game. It even says "Family Friendly Favourite" right on the box. So when you pop it in thinking you are in for a quick platinum you end up with a 10/10 difficulty :o

• Like 2

Catherine

1L21b6dd.png

I haven't personally played this game myself (it's in my backlog), but I have heard the difficulty lies in the Babel stages in the puzzle mode. They are very hard and also randomized so you cannot follow a video guide, therefore a high level of skill and speed and also a firm understanding of the mechanics are the requirements needed.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

Lost planet 2 (i don't have the platinum tho :P)

1Se0766f.png 0.19% UR

Reasons:

There is only one trophy that makes this game utter impossible to get. The trophy requires you to get all the "good job awards"(wich are kinda challenges you have to complete in the campaign) items, weapons, career levels and "Noms de guerre"(wich are another set of challenges including multiplayer & time trials.)

One of these noms de guerre requires you to be in first in the world on a time trial. Doing that now, is just impossible since all the times are Hacked

Overall this platinum will take you about 500-1000 hours to complete.

To be fair the times arent hacked, while chasing (unsuccessfully) the world record i did come close to the seemingly impossible times, and am 100% sure that they can be beat.

Edited by nenugalimas

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

This game has a platinum rariy of 0.95% and there are a few reasons for that. 1. Having to create every item in the game. There are 320 items to create and no way to track which ones you have created which means you have to be sure to write down every item you create. This trophy also requires you to beat the 2 hardest bosses 5 times each, 3 of those fights for each boss will be the bosses final form. 2. Having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty which can really kick your ass  if you dont know great setups for each boss and each area. Oh did I mention that these are just the easy parts? 3. The main reason this plat is rare is because you have to get all 900 battle trophies aka the granddaddy of all grinds. Grindy battle trophies like getting 30,000 kills for two characters each and a battle trophy that requires you to defeat one of the secret bosses 17 TIMES! Also having to defeat the games harder bosses within a time limit with a specific character, one of which requires you to get the kill shot on the hardest boss with the weakest character. The bosses also dont show their health bars which makes those battle trophies even harder. The grind will make you lose all sanity doods and will take a minimum of 400 hours. Took me 682 hours doods!

Definitely think this game belongs in this Hall of Fame.

Lmao! Beat me to it

You added some worth mentioning points. I forgot how annoying the item creation was because there is not a checklist for it. Trying to guess what items I was missing was a pain and took me a lot of time. Also killing the Ethereal Queen 5 times for the last items/weapons. Really stupid trophy list because killing the Queen is a gold trophy and the item creation is a silver and you need to kill her 5 times for the items  :S

• Like 1

You added some worth mentioning points. I forgot how annoying the item creation was because there is not a checklist for it. Trying to guess what items I was missing was a pain and took me a lot of time. Also killing the Ethereal Queen 5 times for the last items/weapons. Really stupid trophy list because killing the Queen is a gold trophy and the item creation is a silver and you need to kill her 5 times for the items  :S

Yeah I agree. What really sucked was I tried to beat the ethereal queen 5 times in one go. After the 4th fight the game froze -_- The biggest injustice trophy wise though is, as you mentioned, getting a gold trophy for beating her but getting silver for getting all 900 battle trophies when one of those battle trophies is beating her within 10 minutes with Lmyle of all charcters! That battle trophy alone should have made that trophy gold.

• Like 1