Capcom says they have a new big hitter coming by March of 2024

Pariah_Dark

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Monster Hunter is necessarily ruled out, as we know from the big Nvidia leak that came out a while back that the next game was originally supposed to come out this year. Next year is the series' 20th anniversary, and we also know that the team that worked on World/Iceborne has been working on another game for the last couple of years or so. The recent ports of Rise were (seemingly) not originally in the cards, having been made relatively last minute in order to make some extra cash off of it. That, and to get at least something MH-related out this year now that the next game is obviously not going to meet that deadline anymore. The developer Capcom acquired is also a support studio (as far as I can tell), so make of that what you will.

Edited by Zephrese

29 minutes ago, Pariah_Dark said:

Okami 2.....yeah I think were stuck with that "sequel" Okamiden forever.....sadly

I guess Monster Hunter isn't "fully" ruled out. I don't know why, but I'm sort of under the impression it's something not seen in recent years

Don't remind me. ?

I definitely think we're getting the next major MH game next year, but I feel inclined to agree with you that this game we're talking about in particular might be something else.

Edited by Zephrese

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I would like another Lost Planet type game since I never played those but I don't think Capcom would be so bold to claim that would sell millions.

A new lost planet game would be amazing. I played them on the 360 and I wanted to come back and get the plats, but all the hacked leaderboards stuff scared me off lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

A new lost planet game would be amazing. I played them on the 360 and I wanted to come back and get the plats, but all the hacked leaderboards stuff scared me off lol. 

Yeah, they looked cool especially with some of the setpieces (like the train with the big cannon) and the co-op seemed fun so if they could make a new one with co-op and those kinds of setpieces on modern hardware it would be pretty cool to see.

10 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

it is 100% monster hunter 6. every game from the nvidia leak for capcom has come out except for that and that leak is 100% correct.

monster hunter world came out in 2018, rise is 2021, new one 2024.

Plus, Rise was evidently delayed internally by a year before it was even announced (or, rather, it was supposed to come out in 2020 originally). That could - at least partially - explain why MH6 was (IIRC) supposed to come out in 2023, but appears to be coming out in 2024 instead (with the ports of Rise taking its place this year).

Edited by Zephrese

9 minutes ago, KirFreecss said:

I just hope that if it's a Monster Hunter it gets a multiplatform release from the beginning... I'm glad we finally got MH Rise for Playstation after some years, but I hope the same doesn't happen with future releases...

It's by the World team, so it will be (doubt there will be Nintendo ports for their games, however). I'm not certain how future games by the Rise/handheld team will be handled, though, outside of likely being released on at least PC/Steam at the same time as Nintendo consoles like we saw with the Sunbreak expansion.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RevengeancePrime said:

I think it'll be Dragon's Dogma 2. It's already been revealed and maybe we'll get a concrete date during TGS. Can't really think of what else it could be since they mentioned March 2024 unless they're planning to release a new version of SF6 already.

Capcom has said that it's a game that they haven't announced yet, so it's not Dragon's Dogma 2 I'm afraid. MH now sells several million units a pop thanks to World and Rise (they're the two best selling games in their entire roughly 40-year history), so if it's not that then the only other thing I can think of is Resident Evil. It's not going to be SF since we just got SF6.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1