Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare Coming to PS4 August 17, 2023

ziggypossum

9 hours ago, woggly4 said:

It has a listing in the store: https://store.playstation.com/concept/10006164/ It's also #1 on the "trending" page.

However, the fact there's no real official info at all just shows how they care about their customers, they don't. And I'm not talking about the trophy list but general info. They don't even care about the casual gamer, why would they care about gamers who are interested in trophies? It doesn't matter though because people will likely buy it blindly. Those who decide what's happening are probably checking how far they can go, but let's not forget: It's not the devs who decide what's happening to the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it will either have no trophy list or a shared PS3 list, if Sony allows it...

It's ridiculous, at this point it's probably better and cheaper to buy a used PS3 and copy of RDR than buying this "remaster", any modern TV can probably upscale PS3's 720p better than their next third-party remaster.

You don't want to run any visual enhancements on your tv. PS3 RDR had already rough framerate resulting in input latency, so you don't want to increase that.

PS4 will run this port at 1080/30 and ps4 pro at 4k/30 (same like xbox one x and xbox series x via back compat). It's a shame we will probably don't get a framerate boost on ps5 even though the console would be completely capable running that at double the framerate compared to ps4 pro.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

And this is why PlayStation consoles should of been backwards compatible since the PS3. You can't even play PS3 games on PS5 unless you stream them. It would get rid of a lot of problems. Obviously Sony doesn't care about preserving old games.

You can blame the cell processor over anything else really.  Back at launch they would've had to actually put a PS3 cell processor into the PS5 to make it backwards compatible with PS3 though. That would've surely lead to a good $100 price hike, and we saw how that was recieved with the BC PS3 being $600.

Even though PS3 emulation is possible it wasn't quite to the level it needed to be back in 2018 - 2020 to make it a feasible option for BC when the PS5 launched. 

As of about 8 months ago the PS3 emulators have only been able to load every PS3 game.  The key is "load", doesn't mean every game can be fully played.  Another year or so and PS3 BC might be at a level where Sony would've considered it via emulation, but I'm sure they're also afraid of any backlash they might get if 99% of the major games don't fully work correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzzzsnax said:

the more I think about it, the less comes to my mind. What do you mean wiith 4 lists, mate? I'm sorry, I'm new to trophy hunting.

PSNP takes a while to show new trophy lists, but Exophase shows 4 new trophy lists for the game: https://www.exophase.com/platform/psn/?q=Red+Dead+Redemption&sort=updated&platforms=8

Edited by hore

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Found one.

I find it rather amusing how they decided to single out a post from over a week ago after having already posted in this topic about how people are being "parrots" for pointing out the obvious fact that this is an overpriced and lazy port of a 13-year-old game just because they personally - having enjoyed the game in the past - don't see an issue with an objectively anti-consumer practice and are willing to pay the $50 for it as a result, and despite the fact that plenty of other people have said more or less the same thing when it comes to the practice and the people buying into it (albeit more wordy in some cases than others). Really speaks volumes about these kinds of people. lol

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Maybe I'll finally get back to trying to 100% RDR1 on PS3 lol. Doing all those goddamn multiplayer trophies is just overwhelming that I keep putting it off. But this ridiculous port makes me think that it might be a good time to do so.