Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare Coming to PS4 August 17, 2023

ziggypossum

I wonder if the Xbox back compatible version will look better than the native PS4 port, if it does that's even worse....

4 hours ago, Jason-DFG said:

That's abit stupid releasing physical and digital seperate...

I will probably buy it digital then.

That is the reason why, they make more money from people buying it digitally. Plus you might even get the odd person double dipping.

My guess, as this isn't releasing on Xbox, is that they simply want to achieve parity with Microsoft's backwards support. I wouldn't expect anything better than what you can get on those machines when inserting the original Red Dead Redemption. At most, DualSense hapticks support, and I still doubt that.

• Like 1

Everyone saying they won't be buying this are the same people saying they don't put love into the game or I don't like this or that and complain about quality ect

Guess what your the problem in the situation why would they put much effort into something they aren't sure many people would buy? Why even care about the player when they act so entitled demanding a rerelease of red dead then when it happens there just like nah nevermind I'll stick with PS3......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

$50 for what will likely be a basic lazy port like the "GTA Collection" that came out last year?! Rockstar is on some next level bullshit with this one... This game should be $20 MAX!

As much as I love RD1, there's no chance in hell I'm paying that amount for this shit. I'm gonna buy this game second hand in like a year when it's significantly cheaper. 

maxresdefault.jpg

i have the 360 copy that runs better on series x obvs.

I got the GTA Trilogy like.... 2 months after launch for more than 50% off. So i paid $20ish. Same will apply here. Oct 13 for physical. By xmas/boxing day itll be on sale.

• Like 2

Well, at least I was hoping for a quality smth like Xbox Series X has, but here we are, lol

This game deserves better, than just a lazy PS3 port

Rockstar never fails to disappoint

Isn’t this what people wanted? I get it not being a remake and that’s disappointing to some people but it’s not like they ever said it was going to be, you set your expectations that way guys. It’s cool to finally have a port of an already great game that can be played on the newest hardware. I never really played all the way through the game on PS3 so this is cool.

1 minute ago, ziggypossum said:

Well, at least I was hoping for a quality smth like Xbox Series X has, but here we are, lol

This game deserves better, than just a lazy PS3 port

Rockstar never fails to disappoint

I don’t get why we’re complaining about a port of a great game. It’s not like they ever said it was gonna be a remake. As usual spoiled gamers gonna be spoiled and complain about a  port of a great game. It’s great that we’re even gonna be able to play it on current hardware.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Everyone saying they won't be buying this are the same people saying they don't put love into the game or I don't like this or that and complain about quality ect

Guess what your the problem in the situation why would they put much effort into something they aren't sure many people would buy? Why even care about the player when they act so entitled demanding a rerelease of red dead then when it happens there just like nah nevermind I'll stick with PS3......

That’s the spoiled gamers for ya. Never happy with anything. If this was a remake people would probably complain that “it wasn’t the original and they could have just ported the existing game” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It’s great that we’re even gonna be able to play it on current hardware.

Yeah, I'm gonna play it again soon on my Xbox in 4K 60fps in a superior quality

or I can play original on my PS3

or I can play it on a PC via emulator

whatever

• Like 1

6 hours ago, burnix81 said:

Its confirmed. Not a remaster though and no multiplayer either…

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2023/08/red-dead-redemption-comes-to-switch-and-ps4-remaster-is-mia/

That's a slight relief, but it only makes me think that I should go and try the game again before it's too late. Damn online trophies, how I hate thee...

Oh. Well then. Thats ... disappointing

MRW I see "Imgurian for one year" trophy in my case and I missed my 1st  cake day - GIF on Imgur

I suppose its safe to say if the GTA trilogy remasters hadn't already removed all doubt in my mind about the likely quality of other potential Rockstar remasters (Say GTA IV) I guess this settles it then.

Funny thing is I don't even necessarily have a problem with the fact its a remaster instead of a full on remake (even if it might turn out to be a rather lazy remaster while we're on the subject)

Would I have preferred a prober remake to a remaster. Absolutely. 

However like with GTA IV my main problem is honestly its accessibility. RDR 1 like GTA IV is currently tied to the PS3 as far as Playstation goes while I can play GTA V on my Playstation 3,4 and 5 

Not exactly a world ending problem for me personally as I still have a functional PS3 to play my originals on, but a problem none the less for people who cant/dont keep their old consoles for one reason or another

So whats the problem then I hear R* cry out? Everyone gets a chance to play these classics again and we earn a quick buck, everyone is happy right?

Just one tiny little problem here R*. One of the core pillars of business in fact. Your pricing strategy

Your price has to match the product your selling (In this case I suppose you could argue it should match the effort put into the product but I digress). Now I'm not saying RDR 1 is a bad game. Far from it. I would say it is in fact a great game ... from 2010.

A game that isn't quite at the point yet where someone could claim it is 2 decades old and actually be closer to the truth than had they said 1 decade but we're getting there. 

All I'm saying is that if you're not willing to put more effort into your remasters than this R*: Fine. But you're gonna need to lower your prices if you want to avoid looking bad. Teams a fraction of your size who work on emulators are literally coming up with similar(ish) looking results and they're doing it basically for free.

High prices, low effort, consumer goodwill: Pick two R* and reverse the one you didn't pick because you cant have all 3 at the same time otherwise, simple as that

Edited by Rune2303
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRetroManiac said:

How bloody lazy of them, I knew I was right not to hope and dream it would be a REMAKE or even a REMASTER, lol pure lazy and greed from C* at this point and full price as well LMAO they can fuck off.

Honestly, I rather buy a port than a "definitive edition" by Rockstar Games if you catch my drift.

Anyway, as a trophy hunter, extremely happy that the online trophies were axed off.

Edited by Boni_Neto

On 8/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

While I don't necessarily think it's that big of a deal in of itself that this didn't turn out to be a remake specifically, let's not pat Rockstar/Take-Two on the back for doing the bare minimum and overcharging for it out of pure unadulterated and needlessly malicious greed either please? Poor and insincere attempts at pulling off mental gymnastics helps no one in this situation. Trying to frame it as though people are only complaining out of entitlement and nothing else is not only completely disingenuous, but it's the exact kind of complacency that has allowed for huge multi-million/billion dollar publishers to pull so much anti-consumer BS over the last several years. Also, why wouldn't people complain about soulless overpriced cash grabs, or be concerned with the quality of the games that they're paying their hard-earned cash for? What? lol They knew it'd sell like crazy because it's fuckin' RDR, that's why they have the gall to charge $50 in the first place for something they evidently barely put any effort (and therefore money) into. It's not complicated whatsoever, ffs. lmao

Gamers™ can certainly be an entitled bunch, but asking for more than just the bare minimum (especially if they're going to be charged $50 for what appears to be a barely touched up port of a 13-year-old game) is absolutely not being entitled in the slightest. A remaster (and I mean an actual remaster, not the remakes that are mistakenly labeled as ones nowadays) running at 60fps that costed anywhere between $20-40 would've sufficed just fine, but Take-Two couldn't even be bothered to do that because of how greedy and lazy they are.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

Literally my only incentive for getting this is for an easier, more reasonable 100% trophy completion if there's truly no multiplayer to invest hundreds of hours into only for the servers to have a temporary lifespan. Otherwise, happy I can play it on any modern PlayStation console, but absolutely sucks they didn't bother to improve it.

What hundreds? The online portion of the game is like 30 hours max if you boost. Hundreds of hours if you try to do it legit with almost dead servers, maybe then that would be true lol.

Is $50 even a lot of money these days? I swear the last time I was in the US I saw what I remember as being a $1 bag of Doritos priced at $4.50.

Y’all make it sound like a job interview at Wendy’s is the game’s “Pre-Load Content”:

Edited by Tsundokuist

3 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

Is $50 even a lot of money these days? I swear the last time I was in the US I saw what I remember as being a $1 bag of Doritos priced at $4.50.

Y’all make it sound like a job interview at Wendy’s is the game’s “Pre-Load Content”:

$50 is a lot for a port of a 13-year-old game they barely put any effort into, yes. Shocking, I know.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4