Hacking in this game is RIDICULOUS

GCBoo_

I have never experienced a game in which there was so much hacking this early on. They can do just about anything in this game from changing the map before it starts, taking complete control over your character, killing off anyone they want, force starting the match, force ending the game, opening all the doors and making it so you cant even shut them, changing the speed of everyone and everything, attaching people to their parties to make it look like you are together, flying, forcing you to do stupid emote, its literally crazy.

Was debating on turning off crossplay until they fix these issues but then the lobby time was significantly longer for me so it was not even worth it. I joined their discord and it is flooded with numerous people talking about this hacking problem. 

I looked it up and there are several tools for this game that even let you do the gamepass version of the game via pc. With it being free to play on gamepass, as well as easy to share access to your games on steam if you get banned, I dont see this getting fixed anytime soon.

Some people have experienced no issues with hackers, or minimal. I however feel like its 1-2 in every 5 games that just ruin it. If you see the map change in the lobby, or a higher level pc player, they are likely hacking. If you see all the doors open and you cant shut them, its not a glitch, its someone hacking. Taking a break from the game for a day or two for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nino_mustdie said:

I thought the PS4 version had no crossplay with PC players.  I’m 30 hours in and haven’t seen any hackers on the PS4 version.

The PS4 cannot play with PC players or even PS5 players. I play on PS5 and mostly get matched with pc / xbox players

Anytime i see a game thats cross play with pc players i stay far away from that shit lmao

Cross progression from console to pc is one thing

But have you ever seen a pc players setup, shits skuffed like a mother fucker, theyre running like 15 clients with 15bots with all kinds of mods and hacks, then you wanna introduce that monster into a consoles ecosystem, for fucks sake thats a catastrophe! Lol

• Like 2

It's not even just public matches I was in a private and this guy got mad at me and suddenly I'm alive but spectating others and it's stuck on said guys character and he escaped and I'm just stuck watching them run down and endless road whiles laughing like why do hacking in private matches beyond to just screw with people 

Yeah there was a few matches where weird things was happening, I’m on ps5 crossplay enabled.

there was this sonny character that wouldn’t die despite all of us attacking him for a good 30 seconds. He had no health potions and he ended up escaping.

then another time a Johnny killed me from another room.

they were all pc players 

6 hours ago, Dry said:

All multiplayer games accommodating cross-play should include not just two but three options:

1. Enable cross-play
  2. Enable cross-play (consoles only)
  3. Disable cross-play

Forcing all players to choose one of the above options from an on-screen window upon starting the game for the first time would be fantastic too. I don't imagine going out of your way to browse through the settings in a game before play is something the majority of game players do so matchmaking with cross-play disabled / turned off might just benefit from such a move.

The PS5 doesn’t have the option to turn off cross play?  At least Resident Evil Re:verse had that option.

Somehow some way I've seen atleast 1 console player hacking cause the killers could not kill him and he just stood there taking it and his points in match was over 350,000 eventually after everyone disconnected I walked up and was able to just 1 shot him 

But I've seen some crazy stuff I can't definitively say was a hack or cheat like the family members knowing exactly where everyone was right off and came strait to each of us not even much chance to make progress 

Spoiler

Cross play disabled

Playstation 5 crossplay could be disabled at the games options with turning it off and yes agree...PC players have no room to join console players. As a result, I turn off crossplay to not play with PC players but will like to have only console cross play w Xbox.

My addition complains is 

1. lack of character Depth

2. No crossplay with Playstation 4 (Whats up wit that.

3. Why did PC players have access to early demo and we didnt?????

BS in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, x-iGoAT-X said:

Perfect example of hacking in this game. Happen earlier today and made a video on it, teleports anywhere and whole lobby can see you.

How was your unlocking and opening that basement exit before grandpa woke up cause I thought they couldn't be till he was awake 

14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

How was your unlocking and opening that basement exit before grandpa woke up cause I thought they couldn't be till he was awake 

you can unlock the door as soon as you find a tool kit and unlock it. Grandpa only wakes up 3 ways.

1) The victims make too much noise

2) Picking a door and opening it (one of the blue doors in the basement) will wake him up immediately.

3) The family members feed him enough blood to get him to level 1/wake him up.