Borderlands collection pandora's box announced for september 1st

the_sultan999

Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box officially announced for tomorrow, September 1st.

Includes all six Borderlands games with all DLC.

- Borderlands: GotY Edition
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Borderlands 3
- New Tales from the Borderlands

Available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC for a "limited time price" of $60 (normally $150). 

Owning any of the Borderlands games will get you a discount on the collection.

So what are we thinking? could this get a new trophy list or is it just them bundling all their games and calling it a day

• Like 1

They won't have a new list on ps4.  But ps5 only has NTFTBs?  So it will have new lists, in all likelihood.  I doubt they'll share with ps4.

Worth noting:

PlayStation - If you already own a digital or physical copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PlayStation®4, or a digital or physical copy of Borderlands 3 on PlayStation®5 or PlayStation®4, and want to complete your collection, you can access a special $30 upgrade offer on Borderlands Collection: Pandora's Box by launching one of these titles and following the in-game instructions.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

Borderlands Collection: Pandora’s Box officially announced for tomorrow, September 1st.

Includes all six Borderlands games with all DLC.

- Borderlands: GotY Edition
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Borderlands 3
- New Tales from the Borderlands

Available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC for a "limited time price" of $60 (normally $150). 

Owning any of the Borderlands games will get you a discount on the collection.

So what are we thinking? could this get a new trophy list or is it just them bundling all their games and calling it a day

It's definitely going to be a huge bundle rather than a separate trophy list. Since we're talking 6 games minus Tiny Tina's Wonderrlands, they're pretty much pulling an upgrade route like they did Borderlands 3. At the time, Borderlands 3 was a free upgrade to PS5 brefore the fees were added in. Now, this gives you a $30 special offer when you enter the game and follow its instructions.

The biggest fact here is that this is the 5th time that Borderlands 1 will be once again re-packaged in a new way, when its just the same game since 2009. Price wise, this limited time discount of $60 is a must for those who want to get the games and their DLCs, but $150 is crazy expensive.

Personally, I'll pass on this bundle because i've already played and platinumed every game except New Tales. Plus, the games usually go on sale for cheaper prices than what this bundle offers, so I would recommend getting each game separately to save yourself some money.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

The biggest fact here is that this is the 5th time that Borderlands 1 will be once again re-packaged in a new way, when its just the same game since 2009. Price wise, this limited time discount of $60 is a must for those who want to get the games and their DLCs, but $150 is crazy expensive.

I hadnt really thought about it but I think its hilarious that Borderlands 1 is Gearboxes' Skyrim

Edited by Silocia

21 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I wouldn't mind doing Borderlands 2 and TPS again. Borderlands 3 and Wonderlands look like ass, so it's no surprise they're trying to resell the good ones.

3 and Wonderlands are ok for a few hours, then they get really boring and annoying, plus the respective endings are major letdowns that border on cop-outs, plus their endgame is pretty lacklustre and nowhere near as much fun as the other games in the series :(. Also, the BL3 DLCs IMO never reach the heady heights of BL2 and just come across as either meh or outright garbage but the Wonderlands DLCs are a borderline criminal waste of time and money since all 4 are just lazy asset flips from the main game, with a nonsensical story, lame enemies and some crap new gear that's not worth the time it takes to farm it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I haven't been able to find anything online about a ps5 version for bl1, 2 and TPS. I'm guessing they would have said something by now given how it launches tomorrow. Seems like a bundle with no sauce on it, but it's a good deal for a lot of people 

There were some situations in the past where the editions showed up in the store at midnight. Borderlands 1 and 2 I would do anytime again but like the person above you said 3 and Wonderlands is hard to survive because of the boringness XD

• Like 1

i'm all for getting the collection if i see some ps5 stacks heck i may even buy it next month through the upgrade path.

though i need to play through the ps3 version of the pre-sequel (kinda hard to get the ps3 going with a dog on seperation anxiety since it's in my room).

would love to play through it again.

Edited by Lordguwa

6 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

There were some situations in the past where the editions showed up in the store at midnight. Borderlands 1 and 2 I would do anytime again but like the person above you said 3 and Wonderlands is hard to survive because of the boringness XD

Yeah but 3 and wornderlands already have ps5 versions, they wouldn't give a second one

Hm, I may do them again if they have another list as I am a huge fan of BL1, Pre-sequel (which surprised me), and most importantly, BL2. Not to say that the other games in this collection will go unnoticed, of course. I'll bite. 

46 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

It doesn't seem bad to me. I haven't played Borderlands 1 on PS4, haven't played New Tales from tbe Borderlands and need 2 dlcs for Borderlands 3 🤔

They probably sell it for 30€ in Germany for owners of any Borderlands, i'll go for it :)

They are great games man, and the sequel to the first game (Borderlands 2) really excelled for a sequel; speaking of DLC's, minus Hammerlock's DLC from Borderlands 2, the other DLC's from Borderlands 2 were fantastic! 

• Like 1

I bought the collection. I ran into a little trouble though. I downloaded The Handsome Collection on my ps5 and couldn't find the offer to buy the Pandora's Box collection.

So i installed Borderlands 3 on my ps5 and when i started it i was allowed to purchase the collection.

I bought a psn card with 17% discount so got the Collection for roughly 25€. Awesome.